[Solved] [C.P.U. Fan] Heat problems.

LeeSmithG

Guys I always have a doubt about my graphics memory

How to know how much graphics I have i.e. 512mb or 1gb or etc. ?

• Replies 76
  • Views 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Israeli_Eagle
36 minutes ago, nIGHT said:

You might be right. Laptops do not have an adequate cooling system.

About the difference on temps, this has been debated many times on how to properly conduct these test especially on the desktop.

Here is a much recent topic about thermal paste and their reaction on the temp difference/change.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1556258/thermal-paste-comparison-2015-which-is-the-best-thermal-paste

The biggest differences are not how high temps are but how fast they become hot. For example more cores & high clocks become much faster hot etc.

So @ashish1989 has nothing to worry too much and can buy the cheapest, because only 2 cores and normal clocks.

24 minutes ago, ashish1989 said:

GPU-Z can tell you... (Only displays gfx memory with real GPU's, so either Nvidia or AMD/ATI cards)

The wannabe-fake GPU's (like Intel) or inside of a CPU use only shared memory of the normal RAM.

44 minutes ago, Israeli_Eagle said:

The biggest differences are not how high temps are but how fast they become hot. For example more cores & high clocks become much faster hot etc.

So @ashish1989 has nothing to worry too much and can buy the cheapest, because only 2 cores and normal clocks.

You got a good point there.

I never did try to wait when these paste becomes dry or  useless that it cause overheating so I cannot see that point..

I got this idea of replacing it for every 1.5 to 2+ years since most laptops that we sold usually starts to show high temps on these period since it got bought.

These are brand new laptops that still have manufacturers thermal pads/paste.

I never consider desktop have a different maintenance period.

I agree to be corrected. Thank you @Israeli_Eagle :cheers:

1 hour ago, ashish1989 said:

Control Panel > System and Security > System > "Installed Memory" > Subtract the "usable" and you will have what you are looking for.

Israeli_Eagle
20 minutes ago, WALLONN7 said:

Control Panel > System and Security > System > "Installed Memory" > Subtract the "usable" and you will have what you are looking for.

But that is only shared memory, NOT real graphics memory! Standard for that is at moment GDDR5 and you could never see that in System.

BTW... The reason is that every RAM has only one bus. So if it's no real gfx memory and only shared memory then has the CPU to wait or the GPU, but both can never use it at same time. Ergo... Dead slow. :coolwink:

@ashish1989

As for the debate over the exchange of thermal grease... I think we are being rather hasty. As it is not possible to have physical access to your machine, as well as a real notion of climatic conditions, location of the case and amount of dirt to which it's subject... Well, I believe it is preferable to gather all this information first and only later give a way to follow.
I also add the fact that dual-core processors, even today, do not behave well with all the load imposed by browsers. This explains the symptoms you've mentioned.
Finally, I reiterate: more information = better decision.

4 minutes ago, Israeli_Eagle said:

But that is only shared memory, NOT real graphics memory! Standard for that is at moment GDDR5 and you could never see that in System.

BTW... The reason is that every RAM has only one bus. So if it's no real gfx memory and only shared memory then has the CPU to wait or the GPU, but both can never use it at same time. Ergo... Dead slow. :coolwink:

Fine...

But I do not remember when I said otherwise... :P

And AFAIK, he only wanna know how much... I gave him the way to know... ;)

Israeli_Eagle
6 minutes ago, WALLONN7 said:

@ashish1989

As for the debate over the exchange of thermal grease... I think we are being rather hasty.

But his problem is that he used without any grease!!! And that is for sure the reason 99.999%. :coolwink:

Israeli_Eagle
44 minutes ago, ashish1989 said:

this is my system screenshot

I am not clear how much memory I have

gr.gif

Intel G41 -> NO real GPU -> NO real graphics memory :coolwink:

So... Only some shared double-slow memory. Sorry.

To compare a (quite cheap) GPU:

GPU.jpg

BTW... Why I said about fake GPU's... Real GPU's can calculate a lot, many things much faster as any CPU. But the Intel fake GPU's (the word GPU is sadly not copyrighted) is only a simple display chip, nothing to calculate which you can see in GPU-Z the line "Computing". And real GPU's are nothing new, standard already since 1997. Only became better every day. :coolwink:

5 hours ago, ashish1989 said:

I have not applied heat sink paste over the cpu.

@ashish1989

Please clarify this above sentence:

1. Did you remove the processor heatsink and replace it without cleaning and applying new thermal paste?
  2. Or did you mean that you did not move, so you did not apply thermal paste?

23 minutes ago, WALLONN7 said:

@ashish1989

Please clarify this above sentence:

1. Did you remove the processor heatsink and replace it without cleaning and applying new thermal paste?
  2. Or did you mean that you did not move, so you did not apply thermal paste?

Yes I did not applied a new paste after cleaning from a very long time

Also I live in India where summer have high temp

I will go to shop tomorrow to buy a new thermal paste

1 minute ago, ashish1989 said:

Yes I did not applied a new paste after cleaning from a very long time

Also I live in India where summer have high temp

I will go to shop tomorrow to buy a new thermal paste

Thanks for clarification...

Use isopropyl alcohol for cleaning and no more than a "grain rice" of thermal paste in the top center of the processor. Do not worry about spreading the paste. Laying the sink will do the work for you.

• Administrator

While I do not think I need to add anything here. This article, though not new now, is the reason I think Cooler Master Extreme Fusion X1 is one of the best thermal pastes out there. I have heard the newer Cooler Master MasterGel Maker is even better than that.

I must mention, when I wanted Cooler Master Extreme Fusion X1, I searched whole city - my city is the financial hub of the country, searched whole internet, I could not find a single piece. Then, found a single shop which was selling it, that too, they had only and only one piece with them. Bought it without much thought, the applying part was really hard, but it's working quite well and does not need to be applied again. Now, all those pastes are easily available online.

I remember, when thermal paste was a unknown thing to me, I thought what is this thing on the CPU and wiped it. Then after reapplying the fan, the PC was not booting. That is how I was introduced to the complex and interesting world of thermal pastes. :P

@ashish1989: The quality of thermal pastes available in the market vary a lot. There are fake thermal pastes that sell for as cheap as Rs. 10. Completely stay away from them. Be ready to put in atleast Rs. 500 in it. Infact, I would recommend you to buy online the second paste I mentioned above, it's easily available, but I doubt it's much of use to you though, as your CPU might not be that powerful to need such an expensive thing.

As for graphics, if you do not game then you do not need to worry as this build-in GPU of your CPU is fine for normal work. The memory of the build-in GPU is shared with the computer RAM as far as I know. But if you are gaming then you need a good graphics card, depending on your monitor type, it's resolution and such.

Israeli_Eagle
3 hours ago, DKT27 said:

@ashish1989

As for graphics, if you do not game then you do not need to worry as this build-in GPU of your CPU is fine for normal work. The memory of the build-in GPU is shared with the computer RAM as far as I know. But if you are gaming then you need a good graphics card, depending on your monitor type, it's resolution and such.

Sorry, many people believe it but actually it's wrong that it's only for gaming or such!!!

Actually every modern OS and many programs use it, directly or indirectly. So many calculations without a GPU are simply much slower. An extreme example is Bitcoin Mining, totally impossible without some strong & real GPU's. And sharing memory of any multiple processors make it even double slow, because the (whole!) RAM has still only one bus.

But the sad part is that 99.9% people now have no idea what a computer is and only use it as a simple browser machine. That could also be done as a microwave at front... :coolwink:

• Administrator
57 minutes ago, Israeli_Eagle said:

Sorry, many people believe it but actually it's wrong that it's only for gaming or such!!!

Actually every modern OS and many programs use it, directly or indirectly. So many calculations without a GPU are simply much slower. An extreme example is Bitcoin Mining, totally impossible without some strong & real GPU's. And sharing memory of any multiple processors make it even double slow, because the (whole!) RAM has still only one bus.

But the sad part is that 99.9% people now have no idea what a computer is and only use it as a simple browser machine. That could also be done as a microwave at front... :coolwink:

Maybe, you might be right.

Still, not everyone can afford a graphics card, especially people of my country and do not do highly graphically intensive things, so I think the build-in GPU is fine.

Having said, I have not used a build-in GPU from a decade now, so cannot say for sure here.

@DKT27

@Israeli_Eagle

@WALLONN7

I have applied thermal paste today, I had set the maximum processor rate to 90%

should I change it to 100% now???

this is core temp screenshot now after applying thermal paste

CoreTemp-Scr.png

and this is after setting maximum processor rate to 100%

If there is any problem experts plz let me know

CoreTemp-Scr.png

3 hours ago, ashish1989 said:

@DKT27

@Israeli_Eagle

@WALLONN7

CoreTemp-Scr.png

CoreTemp-Scr.png

I particularly do not see a "need" for you to keep the processor always on full load... I believe it is more efficient to keep it in its default ie on demand. Especially because the absence of thermal paste would be the problem, which is no longer the case.
In this way it is also easier to diagnose if only its absence was responsible for the symptoms previously reported.

31 minutes ago, WALLONN7 said:

I particularly do not see a "need" for you to keep the processor always on full load... I believe it is more efficient to keep it in its default ie on demand. Especially because the absence of thermal paste would be the problem, which is no longer the case.
In this way it is also easier to diagnose if only its absence was responsible for the symptoms previously reported.

That's why I have changed settings to default

Hoping everything should work f9

Israeli_Eagle
4 hours ago, ashish1989 said:

@DKT27

@Israeli_Eagle

@WALLONN7

CoreTemp-Scr.png

CoreTemp-Scr.png

All what you tried in these settings are ONLY for mobile devices & batteries!!!!!!!!!!!!

But Gigabyte GA-G41MT-S2 is a desktop motherboard, so.......... No laptop and no battery!!!

And actually you should never see these useless settings...

10 minutes ago, Israeli_Eagle said:

All what you tried in these settings are ONLY for mobile devices & batteries!!!!!!!!!!!!

But Gigabyte GA-G41MT-S2 is a desktop motherboard, so.......... No laptop and no battery!!!

And actually you should never see these useless settings...

lol... I didn't know that thnx

Israeli_Eagle
39 minutes ago, ashish1989 said:

lol... I didn't know that thnx

That smells as Win 10 aka Alpha-Beta-Win 8.2 ....... LOL :lmao:

In a full desktop and for example Win 7 you would never see useless settings.

Anyway... You can also disable it yourself in Win 10:

http://www.intowindows.com/enable-or-disable-battery-saver-in-windows-10/

Power.jpg

(right now screenshot at Win7 Ultimate SP1 64Bit)

• Administrator
On 15/1/2017 at 11:19 AM, ashish1989 said:

Good to hear you applied it. You need to check this while running some CPU intensive tasks though.

May I ask what brand and model did you buy here.

8 hours ago, DKT27 said:

Good to hear you applied it. You need to check this while running some CPU intensive tasks though.

May I ask what brand and model did you buy here.

I didn't find any brand in shop

Its quite cheap but my pc is running well

May I know what tests should I perform to check my pc performance

Archived