Happy New Year

DKT27

• Administrator

From us all at nsane.forums and nsane.down, we would like to wish all our visitors and contributors a very Happy New Year.

Previous year was a year of mixed events for us.

In addition to having many structural changes to the staff team, at the start of the year we had added three highly talented people to our staff team. With it, we asked for some support from you guys, some of you did, some did not, some mistakes were of ours, some were not. But what these new and structural changes to the staff meant is that it helped the site immensely as the staff was able to update and moderate both nsane.down and nsane.forums better and be able to serve you and the site better, overall helping the things further.

In the later half, we were facing several uptime related issues. Due to these, we had to make several changes to both the servers and the networks of servers. A lot of those issues were fixed due to this, but some do remain to be fixed. Another good thing that also happened due to the changes that happened behind the scenes was that with it, not only we were able to give you a better hosted site but we were also able to give you guys preliminary support for HTTPS for the nsane.down. Those using HTTPS on nsane.forums are advised against using it though, as it's broken as of now. Still, switching to HTTP on nsane.down helps the members browse it more securely, with more privacy and it even signifies our commitment to it.

As the server side things improved, the costs increased. As people do not whitelist the site enough, it meant that we needed to do something to further cover up the costs required to host both nsane.down and nsane.forums. This lead to us start the still running Donation campaign. In it, visitors and members are asked to contribute whatever they can to continue to cover the costs of the non-profit sites nsane.down and nsane.forums.

Now, one may ask, what to expect this year from us and nsane. Depending on the donation campaign, the users can expect a more strong and better hosted nsane. With it, there is a possibility of adding more softwares to our highly recommended, personally tested list of softwares of nsane.down. The forums users can expect more clarity of the Guidelines. In addition to that, the members can expect a more organized site with more efficient management of both nsane.down and nsane.forums.

• Replies 19
  • Views 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:party:Wish you guys a Great 2017 ahead ! :dance2:  &

:listen: Hope many of the members will have a new resolution of Whitelisting the useful sites like NSANE  !! :dance:

thanks nsane and all my friend on nsane happy new year good health etc. 

2017.th.gif

Guest Long Time Visitor

Happy New Year and Many More to come :rockon:

Depending on the donation campaign, the users can expect a more strong and better hosted nsane.

I'd like to know as may other Visitors, how anonymous are the DONATIONs - I've thought of a few times to give.

There is no BitCoins setup that I can find - so through the payment channels of CC and PayPal are we safe with any

Big Brother watching, should a fear be needed and caution then advised when donating.

Even a VPN is useless if our name and address is needed, but like that of a VPN payments methods can nsane evolve here?  

I hope some leadership person would answer an give concise answers of facts and probably help others like myself to know.

Maybe offer to take BitCoins and other methods like store bought Gift Cards (in the domination of the Donation)-(ie: Dollar General, CVS drug store, Burger King, etc...) and like some VPN's take for the non-BitCoiner. 

nsane-down and nsane-forums R O C K S long live R O C K :party:

Please clear the Air and help your Donation Drive

Thank You - Long Time Visitor

• Administrator
3 hours ago, Guest Long Time Visitor said:

Happy New Year and Many More to come :rockon:

I'd like to know as may other Visitors, how anonymous are the DONATIONs - I've thought of a few times to give.

There is no BitCoins setup that I can find - so through the payment channels of CC and PayPal are we safe with any

Big Brother watching, should a fear be needed and caution then advised when donating.

Even a VPN is useless if our name and address is needed, but like that of a VPN payments methods can nsane evolve here?  

I hope some leadership person would answer an give concise answers of facts and probably help others like myself to know.

Maybe offer to take BitCoins and other methods like store bought Gift Cards (in the domination of the Donation)-(ie: Dollar General, CVS drug store, Burger King, etc...) and like some VPN's take for the non-BitCoiner. 

nsane-down and nsane-forums R O C K S long live R O C K :party:

Please clear the Air and help your Donation Drive

Thank You - Long Time Visitor

Hello. Thanks for the wishes and same to you.

As far as donations visible to public, you can do so anonymously - there is an option to hide it. As for the information stored on the donation campaign page, it all depends on the campaign site. Here is their policy for it. It sure is not properly explained, but if the question about the privacy is concerned, the site seems to be taking good amount of efforts in maintaining that. As for address information, it all stays with PP as far as I can understand, so it all depends on PP rather than the campaign site.

Honestly, BC remains a relatively unknown territory for us, atleast for me. We are very much open and acceptable to it. But BC did, unknowingly, went out of our considerations when this donation campaign started. If the campaign site would have offered it's support, then we would have used it for sure.

Other methods, even though desirable, are not possible due to many reasons.

Personally, if you ask, the issue of privacy should not be a concern here I think.

• 2 weeks later...

Hope every ones new year is going good! Its been just over 2 weeks now and so far 2017 is proving to be a very very good year for myself. I hope as much for all. :)

Archived