An error occured installing the TAP device driver

Alpha1BA

Hi :)

Done all the usual driver sigs ets even injected a bit of me own code unfortunately to no avail! Prob seems to have occurred whilst doing a clean install of the latest LTSB been all over to no joy :/

anyone any ideas???

hope ya heads not too bad :P

• Replies 5
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why are you using TAP? Are you using VPN or something? Imo you should uninstall every ethernet driver and install them again.

While installing tap right click on task bar and click on cascade windows and let its driver to install driver otherwise it will fail.

1 hour ago, Alpha1BA said:

anyone any ideas???

Is the tap drive part of a package, such as OpenVPN?  If so, which one? Or are your trying to install the standalone TAP driver such as the OpenVPN Tap Driver 9.21.1?  And what error message, if any, do you get?  It is wise to provide as much information as possible when asking for help, otherwise you get a dozen answers, all of which could further screw up your system.

yeah ok stray i kow what ya mean! thanks for replys I initially came across this whilst installing vpnunlimited after a clean intsall of LTSB (with which I got like 3yrs off a prev offer) however my problem which has been puzzling me for days although fixed (for some unknown reason???) simply deleted all adapters etc rebooted n all is ok! but i did this numerous times before which is the puzzling bit!!

for those that really want to test there supposed invisibilty goto: jondonym

all the best

23 minutes ago, Alpha1BA said:

for those that really want to test there supposed invisibilty goto: jondonym

Sharing information is great, except when you don't provide a link.  I will take a guess that you meant this page

http://ip-check.info/?lang=en

Glad your problem resolved itself, that always makes things easier. :D

Archived