Sandboxie 5.16

jalaffa

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 28
  • Views 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On 12/19/2016 at 1:11 PM, eden2015 said:

I notice members still recommending ukk paching (test mode). This is really bad, because you will get memory leak and it will soon go to 100% and the pc will crash.

On 12/19/2016 at 2:38 PM, T3rM1nat0Rr3 said:

Regarding the uuk patch, not experienced any memory leaks or pc crashes in the past 3 days since I switched to it.

Well I have to agree... I haven't updated SB since 5.06 and for that version uuk patch worked fine.

I've just updated to 5.16, patched and crap! Loaded IDM and all the java apps, chrome and desktop compo started to complain about insufficient memory, lost aero theme, PC froze. Reverted to 5.14, this time it started OK but during download I got the same complaints from the other apps.

The reason you might not be noticing the leaks is that you probably run a classic setup where RAM is supplemented by vm memory aka page file on HDD/SSD. I on the other hand run only on my 8GB of RAM, no pagefile active, which works fine 99% sans when using the uuk patched 5.16 version of sandboxie.

So far this guy's patched driver works fine, and yes, on the byte level there are some differences other than the signed section of the dll when compared to the patched uuk version.

I too am keen on where he got that patcher. Sadly I can't access those files on the asian forum to do a comparison.

• 3 months later...
On 12/17/2016 at 4:18 PM, spinalgr1998 said:

Sandboxie code to remove the nag screen 

Hide contents

after 30 days of unregistered version of sandboxie , we suffer from 5 sec dialog box etc etc   to reset simply remove this entry from registry  [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{98E6BD24-2D93-41A5-BC6D-CB7C1507318B}]      

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{98E6BD24-2D93-41A5-BC6D-CB7C1507318B}

after that reboot.   ; )

Do you have to keep doing it every 30 days?

Archived