Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 3.0.4.1269

jalaffa

19 minutes ago, steven36 said:

that is a proxy for the update server is all  i can block  it  and allow data-cdn.mbamupdates  in my firewall and it updates without hiding behind a proxy lol

yep....ur right as ive tested it before when playing with mbam.  if you block cdn in your host then you need to allow  data-cdn.mbamupdates.com in your firewall to update , however , blocking the cdn may not suffice alone.  ;),  If you come to think of it,  this might be one possible reason why some cannot update in premium. ^_^

• Replies 210
  • Views 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, sledge101 said:

yep....ur right.  if you block cdn then you need to allow  data-cdn.mbamupdates.com in your firewall to update , however , blocking the cdn may not suffice.   ;)

also the main site is hiding behind it when i block it and allow just updates  i cant get on there site threw my browser unless  i allow www.malwarebytes.com in my firewall. but i can still update.

6 minutes ago, steven36 said:

also the main site is hiding behind it when i block it and allow just updates  i cant get on there site threw my browser unless  i allow www.malwarebytes.com in my firewall. but i can still update.

lol exactly steven.  They are hiding behind a protected proxy.  

keystone.mwbsys.com

cdn.mwbsys.com

telemetry.malwarebytes.com

data.service.malwarebytes.org

bactem.mwbsys.com

sirius.mwbsys.com  --->  this deems to be for MWAR

1 minute ago, Skunk1966 said:

I guess Malwarebytes devs are reading these topics lol

lol  @skunk.. its been a while mate... :)

6 minutes ago, Skunk1966 said:

I guess Malwarebytes devs are reading these topics lol

Well i figured out they used proxies  from a admin  at malwarebytes because some women blessed them out for adding the activation  server and he told her what it was for to protect there privacy lol.

8 minutes ago, sledge101 said:

lol  @skunk.. its been a while mate... :)

I know; I'm being occupied with lots of work lately. I'm still lurking tho :rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, Skunk1966 said:

I know; I'm being occupied with lots of work lately. I'm still lurking tho :rolleyes:

Understandable mate, me too... :)

cdn.mwbsys.com :  IP block:  38.68.170.220

data-cdn.mbamupdates.com :  IP #:    68.232.34.124, 93.184.215.124, 204.237.215.237 and 205.185.208.98. ---> allow this in FW

26 minutes ago, sledge101 said:

data-cdn.mbamupdates.com :  IP #:    68.232.34.124, 93.184.215.124, 204.237.215.237 and 205.185.208.98. ---> allow this in FW

my firewall  i can just block the exe  add the domains  like this  by allowing those 2 domains one is a proxy it updates

lQ857qT.png

It dont block forums.malwarebytes.com or the installers it just the homepage  is blocked unless i add it to my allowed domains

17 minutes ago, steven36 said:

my firewall  i can just block the exe  add the domains  like this  by allowing those 2 domains one is a proxy it updates and everything else too do with them is blocked lol.

lQ857qT.png

hmm.. steve i believe your using a 3rd party soft for your firewall....?

Just now, sledge101 said:

hmm.. steve i believe your using a 3rd party soft for your firewall....?

there's like 4 different ways i can do it in my firewall and it will stay activated  ,

1.i can block and allow a bunch of there domains , 

2.i can allow two domain and block the exe.

3. I can allow the exe and block two domains

4.  i can block ips threw the exe

2 minutes ago, steven36 said:

there's like 4 different ways i can do it in my firewall and it will stay activated  ,

1.i can block and allow a bunch of there domains , 

2.i can allow two domain and block the exe.

3. I can allow the exe and block two domains

4.  i can block ips threw the exe

I supposed your using the 3rd party.  Well thats fine steve.

Yup,  there are many ways to do it and maintain the activation.

For me, am not using host blocking technique anymore, currently using firewall method.   And, it seems that  using the default windows firewall can do it.  

2 minutes ago, sledge101 said:

I supposed your using the 3rd party.  Well thats fine steve.

Yup,  there are many ways to do it and maintain the activation.

For me, am not using host blocking technique anymore, currently using firewall method.   And, it seems that  using the default windows firewall can do it.  

i used windows firewall before , Ive used about all of them at one time or the other but knowledge show me Windows 10 firewall control it was windows 8 then i been using it since 2014  also i have windows firewall as well i have 2 firewalls lol . 

1 minute ago, steven36 said:

i used windows firewall before , Ive used about all of them at one time or the other but knowledge show me Windows 10 firewall control it was windows 8 then i been using it since 2014  also i have windows firewall as well i have 2 firewalls lol . 

Oh lol WFC, on my other pc on windows 8.1. got that one too.   hehehe.

13 minutes ago, sledge101 said:

Oh lol WFC, on my other pc on windows 8.1. got that one too.   hehehe.

no not that one i use W10FWC  its on the front page too now . Sphinx software

I used windows fw  from the time i left appznet in 2011  tell I came back around here in 2014. In 2014 I switch to WFC  back to windows fw  then i went to W10FWC  and stayed with it. Always good seeing you  reminds of the good old days.

2 hours ago, steven36 said:

no not that one i use W10FWC  its on the front page too now . Sphinx software

I used windows fw  from the time i left appznet in 2011  tell I came back around here in 2014. In 2014 I switch to WFC  back to windows fw  then i went to W10FWC  and stayed with it. Always good seeing you  reminds of the good old days.

Oh My bad steven...  yeah steve.. goold ol days...

ic...    hmm...  if not too busy will play with this one.  :)

15 hours ago, Skunk1966 said:

so what rules to add in eset firewall (enable and disable) for MAM v3 latest version?

@skunk mate.. i really havent used eset for a long time now.. to check if your activation holds...

Here is one way just in case, there are lot of ways, btw:

1. block host first  ( you know about this already)

2. install mb3 and open program - if  activated.

3.  setup your firewall settings

1. Using FWB using IP ,  one method is block mbamservice.exe program ( outbound )

34.192.62.75,34.194.121.98,52.20.33.185,54.236.135.120,35.162.95.44, 52.89.202.104 and 54.68.224.128

4.  remove host block

5. open the program  and if program remains premium, then that will hold

As steve and I are discussing on previous post:

if you want to block the proxy cdn.mwbsys.com , you should allow data-cdn.mbamupdates.com in your firewall, ips previously posted so you can enable updates. Otherwise, you block the update server proxy.

So, here: Create 2 rules ( Updated) in mbamservice.exe

a.  MBUPDATES -  Allow Outbound remote IP:  68.232.34.124, 93.184.215.124, 204.237.215.237 and 205.185.208.98.

b.  MBSERVICE - Block Outbound remote IP:  38.68.170.220( cdn.mwbsys.com) 

:)

latest update package :  1.0.799 as of now. 1.0.808

• 2 weeks later...

On our Win7 system, the 3.0.x versions will not keep settings, especially the option to NOT do automatic updates.

Tried manually editing the config files, but the program changes them when it runs.

So many issues posted by users at their forum, seems best to just wait till they sort this new version out for our purposes...

... a bug, and replicable.

... in ALL of the settings, if a user SLIDES the setting button from off to on (or vice versa), the setting will not stick.

A user must CLICK the setting button either off or on for it to stick.

What makes this most frustrating is that SLIDING the setting button will APPEAR to have changed the setting, allowing one to think that sliding is an acceptable way of changing a setting.  But it is not!  Only CLICKING will result in a setting change that sticks, or remains.

... Sliding will appear to have changed the setting, but if you change tabs, then come back, the setting will have reverted.  Only clicking results in an actual setting change

On 1/4/2017 at 3:57 PM, visitor said:

On our Win7 system, the 3.0.x versions will not keep settings, especially the option to NOT do automatic updates.

Tried manually editing the config files, but the program changes them when it runs.

So many issues posted by users at their forum, seems best to just wait till they sort this new version out for our purposes...

Same here

Sometimes protection feature is disabled by itself at the beginning of the pc is turned on
especially in malware protection feature and when it press turn on just show "starting" continues to be delayed and slow UI response when selected

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, cupid.love said:

I error file hosts denied when kick button active lic ? Help me. Sr i speak E bad

run as admin

• 2 weeks later...

patching the assistant.exe  may help out of those issue.. :)

anyway,  upgrading the older registered version is much better approached

license.conf

settings.conf  (  setup the host file already in old version 2.2 exclusion-  so you dont need to add it back again if you upgrade to 3)

I've decided to downgrade to v2 because this v3 is consuming a lot of memory and cpu. 

hopefully they can fix it for the next version.

22 minutes ago, romark said:

I've decided to downgrade to v2 because this v3 is consuming a lot of memory and cpu. 

hopefully they can fix it for the next version.

Don't use either.

They are both a piece of poo.

You don't need it hogging your system.

In 2017, Malwarebytes has nothing to offer you. You are being conned.

I wouldn't use it even it is was FREE. Malwarebytes is dead.

Ask yourself. What has it protected you from?

It's just my friendly advice.

If you don't choose to take this advice, then all is OK. :)

Archived