Web Anonymity to Become Reasonable Suspicion Thursday

Cobaltius

Web Anonymity to Become Reasonable Suspicion Thursday

An Expansion to Procedure

Those in the U.S. who use privacy protection tools such as virtual private networks(VPNs) or the Tor browser will soon find themselves subject to federal surveillance. If one user uses a VPN to conduct illegal activities and another user accesses the same VPN for legal activities, it is not easy to tell which user engaged in which activity. This creates a VPN user could be held responsible for a different user’s crimes. An expansion to federal criminal procedures would allow the FBI, CIA, and other authorities to search networks whose users may be suspected in crimes where a suspect has web anonymity, such as via VPN.

So use a VPN and not only become a suspect, risk being charged with crimes you did not commit?

• Replies 15
  • Views 927
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like the courts would throw all those cases out if it ever occurred. If not then doesn't that mean everyone sharing an internet connection is guilty by association if someone else commits a crime?

That would make public wifi unusable.

43 minutes ago, edwardecl said:

Sounds like the courts would throw all those cases out if it ever occurred. If not then doesn't that mean everyone sharing an internet connection is guilty by association if someone else commits a crime?

That would make public wifi unusable.

Not an expert on laws by any means. But I think there will be some obscure legislation that somehow permits it. Or, they can always make new ones.

26 minutes ago, Chancer said:

If you use Tor or a VPN, how would they find you?

If I understand it correctly, they have infiltrated Tor, besides, with all the technical abilities at their disposal, they can and do track traffic. It can be narrowed down, then narrowed down some more. VPNs will hand out their logs if their is enough pressure. Or even some sort of a deal.

Bottom line is, the disregard for personal rights is increasing rapidly, it will not be too long now before there will be a spy cam following each and every individual. And/Or a brain chip implant.

4 minutes ago, Bausch said:

If I understand it correctly, they have infiltrated Tor, besides, with all the technical abilities at their disposal, they can and do track traffic. It can be narrowed down, then narrowed down some more. VPNs will hand out their logs if their is enough pressure. Or even some sort of a deal.

Bottom line is, the disregard for personal rights is increasing rapidly, it will not be too long now before there will be a spy cam following each and every individual. And/Or a brain chip implant.

I'm led to believe that some VPN providers do not keep logs! Anybody know if CyberGhost does?

33 minutes ago, Chancer said:

I'm led to believe that some VPN providers do not keep logs! Anybody know if CyberGhost does?

I can't be sure of any. But many do advertise that they don't keep logs. Whether that is true or not is yet to be seen.

I am however, weary of free VPN's, they have to make money somehow, and selling your anonymity could be part of it.

go here: logo_ka.png https://anonymous-proxy-servers.net/index.html
for software, info, how to, testing. I think this is prolly about as good as your gonna get tools and info for best anonymity on the internet.

4 hours ago, Chancer said:

If you use Tor or a VPN, how would they find you?

Easier than you might think and they don't need server logs to track you.  They just use one of those little NSA nano bugs that attaches to your data stream and calls out "HERE I AM COME AND GET ME!".  You do realize that some of the former TOR developers do consultant work for the NSA and FBI.  What they are proposing to do is much like fishing with a big net.  You cast your net and haul it in with everything that was in it but then you sort out the catch and throw back what you don't want.  However, though they may not have wanted you at first, before they cast you back, they are going to take a look at you (actually your computer) and if they find something, ooops, like in Monopoly, Go To Jail, Do Not Collect 200 Dollars.

I4rg£8all8ag
42 minutes ago, straycat19 said:

Easier than you might think and they don't need server logs to track you.  They just use one of those little NSA nano bugs that attaches to your data stream and calls out "HERE I AM COME AND GET ME!".  You do realize that some of the former TOR developers do consultant work for the NSA and FBI.  What they are proposing to do is much like fishing with a big net.  You cast your net and haul it in with everything that was in it but then you sort out the catch and throw back what you don't want.  However, though they may not have wanted you at first, before they cast you back, they are going to take a look at you (actually your computer) and if they find something, ooops, like in Monopoly, Go To Jail, Do Not Collect 200 Dollars.

Thanks for your amazingly technical white paper on the NSA, helped a lot  (+_+)

3 hours ago, 46&2 said:

go here: logo_ka.pnghttps://anonymous-proxy-servers.net/index.html
for software, info, how to, testing. I think this is prolly about as good as your gonna get tools and info for best anonymity on the internet.

I never would use that, the german Government has his head in the ass of the USA (NSA etc) and german secret service don't care about law, thy just do what thy think thy must do and no cord in Germany can stop them. German prosecutor have to do what justice minister says he has to do. If you know somebody how can read german let him / here read this 

Wirksamkeitsbedingungen von Richtervorbehalten bei Telefonüberwachungen.pdf

Site: https://www.upload.ee
Sharecode[?]: /files/6408954/bTMTMlpzcyTN.pdf.html

13 hours ago, Bausch said:

I am however, weary of free VPN's, they have to make money somehow, and selling your anonymity could be part of it.

I have a paid subscription to CyberGhost - so fingers crossed.

18 hours ago, Bausch said:

Not an expert on laws by any means. But I think there will be some obscure legislation that somehow permits it. Or, they can always make new ones.

Perhaps  it is like someone tailing you and you just need to keep switching vehicles until you loose them, thus chaining multiple VPN  might be the privacy protector of the future, maybe even just two VPNs that allow multiple simultaneous connections then just shoelace them so to speak.

8 hours ago, Chancer said:

I have a paid subscription to CyberGhost - so fingers crossed.

They offer a free version, so chances are they use the capability. Whether they turn it off for paying customers is a different thing.

On 12/2/2016 at 2:49 PM, straycat19 said:

They dont even need to do that but would be a way of pin pointing once enough data is collected for evidence.  They have many tools in their tool bag.  Some we dont know about.  ;)

Archived