Donations?

shought

1 hour ago, steven36 said:

Maybe he don't like cracks and you do but that don't  make his point invalid...

I do not like drunks for countless reasons... what the hell would make me go to the drunken meeting place day after day?!...
If I go there any of my countless arguments are invalid... So, his is also...

It makes people fell bad when they ask and some of us dont  really have the money and other members troll us to donate , we fell not wanted  and we can add that too the  other 100 reasons we dont fell wanted here and it's never the admin or the MODs  fault 99% it's other members here who make us fell unwanted and they want us too give money you got too be joking right?

People take the space that we leave available to them... Nobody invades anyone's space... Do not want them to invade your space, take care of it!!

11 minutes ago, WALLONN7 said:

I do not like drunks for countless reasons... what the hell would make me go to the drunken meeting place day after day?!...
If I go there any of my countless arguments are invalid... So, his is also...

I dont like drunks ether. but i dont hate them ether.  because im a recovering  drunk who never drinks  but i have to tolerate  them in real life as well on the internet . One thing I learned in life you can only suggest  they see  things you're way the more you dis them the less likely they will ever change in this case would be donate ,

“A man convinced against his will Is of the same opinion still”

Dale Carnegie

Edited by steven36

If you need this site you better get busy covering it for all those leechers who never sign in lol.

Nope, I do not need it... I will enjoy my stay as long as it is pleasant... From the moment I stop being, I will not come back...

19 minutes ago, WALLONN7 said:

Nope, I do not need it... I will enjoy my stay as long as it is pleasant... From the moment I stop being, I will not come back...

Well you may not but many go crazy if this site goes down for few days they take it for granted , I left all these kind of sites for 2 years once try that , I left one site in 2011  and after I came back here they was closed  and there's a topic here about what happened to the site , I really never missed it because I was already gone  .They missed me but I never would go back.

366048_Tina_Reber_Quote_You_don_t_really

Edited by steven36

• Administrator

Guys please, please do not derail the topic. For us, contributing members are as important as donating members. Both are responsible for the running of the site. Please do not underrate anyone's contribution, you all are good and important.

3 hours ago, steven36 said:

What i never understood about donations at this site was  this is a open site with only like 100 people signed in  on a good day and 200 people not signed in,  And the ones who signed in is expected to pay or look at ads .The members here do all the work and I'm sorry I dont get no benefit from pictures  to promote this site . I have one friend  who has came here for years and never wants to join . I belonged to another site were the owner didn't  accept donations or have ads  and he payed for  it for years tell he fell ill and the site closed , I belonged to other sites who had donations with great stuff that they gave to donators  that benefited the individual and not the site now that's real incentive to donate .  

I think steven you are missing a big thing here, the FP is as big as the forums. Everything on FP depends on the contributions made on the forums. The contributors, while limited in members, are always the reason behind the people visiting the site. I have, infact, seen some forums concealing the number of visitors, probably done just to hide their contributor to visitor ratio.

Rest assured, one a lot of members do join at a some point and two, it's not required for a member to join as a member to donate for the running of both nsane.down and nsane.forums.

As for the donations giving just graphics in return, I have already answered that in my previous post, but still, we are open to suggestions.

2 hours ago, maut said:

nsane lost a lot of unique visitors already from 7000 to 4000 a day..

I am actually quite happy you noticed that. However, that is completely incorrect numbers. You might be surprised, but that's how it is. The reason behind it is, we recently made some changes on the network side after the recent uptime issues - in those network backside changes, the counting of visitors got messed up. Rest assured, both forums and FP, individually and respectively, average about 10,000 unique, non-fake, non-bot, completely human, real users every day and it's ever increasing from what I can see here.

I am not a donator here and I am sorry for that.

I participate by having this site whitelisted on my adblockers.

In the past we had this conversation and instead of helping to figure another way to raise funds aside from donation, some members tend to resort to bickering.

One of our most appealing way to help raise funds is to whitelist nsanedown.com and nsaneforum.com on adblockers to gain ad revenue.

To increase ad revenue needs more exposure so as the need for more visitors to these sites, let's encourage them to come back here more often. How? I don't know.

Whenever we have a new member sign in or have a question about whatever, let's try to be as friendly and helpful as we can, instead of establishing a sense of elitism.

Though our forum is composed of different age group and interest, we need to be tolerant of some factions.

I remember when we had a fappers group here, we were able to attract new members by that group just for fun, though I'm not promoting it to be reinstated.

We could have a sports group here. I'm sure dMog and Cc will join, as well as those fans of cricket. Give them the sport section.

We could have music/mixers, arts, other stuff. We need more stuff to make them come here often aside from just softwares.

Also, the share page must expand to more than just signatures and avatars.

Why not desktop wallpapers, mobile wallpapers?

I find some sites do sell cups, mugs, shirts to increase their revenue. Just suggesting. hehehe!

edit:

And, BRING BACK THE CHATROOM! There are an alternatives for a free embedded external chatrooms available on the net.

The forum feels alive with it and encourage visitors to sign in.

Edited by nIGHT

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, nIGHT said:

I am not a donator here and I am sorry for that.

I participate by having this site whitelisted on my adblockers.

In the past we had this conversation and instead of helping to figure another way to raise funds aside from donation, some members tend to resort to bickering.

One of our most appealing way to help raise funds is to whitelist nsanedown.com and nsaneforum.com as this does not cost us.

To increase ad revenue needs more exposure so as the need for more visitors to this sites, let's encourage them to come back here more often. How? I don't know.

Whenever we have a new member sign in or have a question about whatever, let's try to be as friendly and helpful as we can, instead of establishing a sense of elitism.

Though our forum is composed of different age group and interest, we need to be tolerant of some factions.

I remember when we had a fappers group here, we were able to attract new members by that group just for fun, though I'm not promoting it to be reinstated.

We could have a sport group here. I'm sure dMog and Cc will join it, as well as those fans of cricket. Give them the sport section.

We could have music/mixers, arts, other stuff. We need more stuff to make them come here often aside from just softwares.

Also, the share page must expand to more than just signatures and avatars.

Why not desktop wallpapers, mobile wallpapers?

I find some sites do sell cups, mugs, shirts to increase their revenue. Just suggesting. hehehe!

Nice suggestions. Appreciated.

About wallpapers, well, most of it is protected, if we want to give you guys something, we will have to create it ourselves.

As for merchandise, I doubt you guys would like to see shought or Lite or even my face on them for that matter - the rest of the staff are good looking. :P If you mean to say just nsane logo, then while I am open to it, I'm not quite sure it's possible to do so.

4 hours ago, DKT27 said:

Nice suggestions. Appreciated.

About wallpapers, well, most of it is protected, if we want to give you guys something, we will have to create it ourselves.

As for merchandise, I doubt you guys would like to see shought or Lite or even my face on them for that matter - the rest of the staff are good looking. :P If you mean to say just nsane logo, then while I am open to it, I'm not quite sure it's possible to do so.

if could look at other ad servers, the infolinks require clicking(as you told me when i asked), and sometime the redirect is suspicious and want register on facebook. i m sure there are ad servers which require just their whitelist(presence) rather than click on them. maybe u never tried because they give low revenue but i think they will give more revenue rather than present.  i don' think it would bother to try since you say that revenue is nonetheless decreasing. my 2 cents ^_^ 

Done. Glad to be onboard for more than 10 years

its a pleasure to help *shought

your website saved me well over more than 1000 dolars

donation nsanedown2.png

Edited by David

• anuraag featured and unfeatured this topic
  • Administrator
15 hours ago, Ice Frog said:

if could look at other ad servers, the infolinks require clicking(as you told me when i asked), and sometime the redirect is suspicious and want register on facebook. i m sure there are ad servers which require just their whitelist(presence) rather than click on them. maybe u never tried because they give low revenue but i think they will give more revenue rather than present.  i don' think it would bother to try since you say that revenue is nonetheless decreasing. my 2 cents ^_^ 

We are already trying and have tried many different ones. We are still open to try others, but the options of good non-intrusive ads services are limited. InfoLinks too needs fixing, all the staff confirm that all the ads link to only one social site, we are looking into it.

13 minutes ago, 46&2 said:

If I donate it will be by credit card. Who will see my credit card info?

While only shought can confirm it, I doubt anyone other than the site itself, which requires it to get the money, will get the information of the credit card and such.

I just proudly donated $25 on the Crowdfund link... this site and it's members have helped me immensely. As a 75 year old cancer survivor, I get bored easily, so coming here and testing and experimenting has done wonders for me. It keeps me sharp and alert playing with new programs and medicines. I get pleasure out successfully installing new programs.. it's like a small victory because before coming here I knew nothing about downloading and installing especially applying the various medicines. To see them working is, like I said, a small victory.

Thank you to the Mods and all the members for your help and support.

Ron

• Administrator
58 minutes ago, maut said:

Why is the frontpage not updated anymore??

Is it because of this Donations post?? <_<

We are trying to fix it. Meanwhile, all the threads in Frontpage Software Updates are kept open so the members can discuss software updates meanwhile.

Why be upset though, whatever being done here is done to make sure we keep serving you and for the betterment of site.

10 minutes ago, Loboron said:

I just proudly donated $25 on the Crowdfund link... this site and it's members have helped me immensely. As a 75 year old cancer survivor, I get bored easily, so coming here and testing and experimenting has done wonders for me. It keeps me sharp and alert playing with new programs and medicines. I get pleasure out successfully installing new programs.. it's like a small victory because before coming here I knew nothing about downloading and installing especially applying the various medicines. To see them working is, like I said, a small victory.

Thank you to the Mods and all the members for your help and support.

Ron

While I personally think all the donators deserve huge credit, importance and fame, your post highlights what nsane stands for, we are honored to have members like you here.

• Administrator
2 hours ago, jayesh30202 said:

The below thread is still closed.

Here

Thanks for the information. Opened it.

• shought pinned this topic
On 30/11/2016 at 7:23 PM, 46&2 said:

If I donate it will be by credit card. Who will see my credit card info?

no one.... just use paypal :)

On 30/11/2016 at 9:15 PM, DKT27 said:

We are trying to fix it. Meanwhile, all the threads in Frontpage Software Updates are kept open so the members can discuss software updates meanwhile.

Why be upset though, whatever being done here is done to make sure we keep serving you and for the betterment of site.

While I personally think all the donators deserve huge credit, importance and fame, your post highlights what nsane stands for, we are honored to have members like you here.

amazing story life... never tought that a 75 person would use cracked software for fun :D

• 2 weeks later...

US$1,403.00

Donated of $2,000.00 goal

Is the "Donations" Campaign stopped ?

• Administrator
14 hours ago, hpwamr said:

US$1,403.00

Donated of $2,000.00 goal

Is the "Donations" Campaign stopped ?

I do not think so. Not at all.

Thing is, we tried to keep it on the top of the FP, but then the FP software updates had to be stopped for that. We are looking into pinning this on FP, but for that, we need shought to get time for it.

hmmm if I needed donations I would of "got time for it" long ago. You mean no body else can or knows how to "pin" something to the FP? If this is so it explains a lot. :think:

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, 46&2 said:

hmmm if I needed donations I would of "got time for it" long ago. You mean no body else can or knows how to "pin" something to the FP? If this is so it explains a lot. :think:

FP is not forums, two completely different things altogether. FP is not a software like forums is. FP is a complex, self designed, developed and modified site which requires extra expertise and care in order to make even a single change on it - except updates that is. Even Lite and shought do not make immediate changes to it.

Hello all nsaners !

Well it's time to remember the nsane sites enduring presents in it seeking revenue by whatever source, it still amounts to a great gift from the HEART and to an amount that one is able to give unto it.

It's not a time to bring up all of the downers of the site and to some of it's members who have then negatively having impacted us, although may be a reason why some as myself care not to login or even to post anything as freely as we once have.

I've been there along with many of you as well, by these crude members and then the friends of these crude members carrying on for them, and when a Mod. or Admin. has tried to straighten out the whole ordeal and still run a useful site.

I have some questions and/or suggestions for the nsane founders and staff leaders.

Why can't there be a VIP Doners section for software help and Medicines to be offered here?

Offering it yearly by opening it up to new VIP Donors and a total separation from that of a posts count made by those kind of VIP members as their recognition.
Where requests for different sofwares can be made and released first to this inter-community. Then to offer maybe that of VIP passes to the VIP Doners for some major download sites that nsane.forums would allow it's users to include as download links for their posts.

In this section area to where bad conduct and crude unbecoming nature can get oneself kicked out of the VIP Donors section no matter how large your donated gift would be.

Like an onion with it's inter layers where ones conduct towards other members site wide counts as much as in the VIP Doners area section of the forums.
A membership you initally buy into but are allowed to stay by your conduct and good nature to all forum members site wide.
The CHATROOM feature would be a good option here, as ones conduct would also have the same grounds to be kicked out of the VIP Donors area for misbehaving and not acting as an adult to another like minded adult member.
A multi year ban from being able to join again, after a count 3 warning strike is reached by a VIP Donor member.

I don't want to be misunderstood here - you can disagree with someone but be tactful in doing so, maybe in trying to understand the other persons logic and technical level to help them understand your point.
Just not some sort of a flat out cut-down given to them that they shouldn't waste your time and for you in trying to relate to their comment.
If your hostile for whatever reason to another member maybe you should not post a reply at all then and move along. As not only the directed hostility impacts the member but any reader of your comment as well. It's not what nsane is about with being a worldwide venue and audience. 

This was mentioned by "DKT27 - 29-11-2016 23:00 GMT"
Rest assured, both forums and FP, individually and respectively, average about 10,000 unique, non-fake, non-bot, completely human, real users every day and it's ever increasing from what I can see here.  

So if even a 1/4 of those 10,000 unique, non-fake, non-bot, completely human, real users every day signed up or even cared to login and post something without meeting any hostility from advanced, and/or mischievous bad natured members, then if 1/2 of those or 1,000 cared to donate to the future welfare of the site with the minimum $5.00 donation that's required - that would keep the site running for a few years, wouldn't it?

Then going with the suggestion of the nsane.forums onion approach to a VIP Donors area section for a yearly drive to add membership to the VIP Donors area of a $20. to $25. donation of each new member would set nsane.forums on good ground and then to offering a continuing service to all visitors and users alike.

How acurate is the following information DK127 or sought ?
91 Days to go
You only have the opportunity to donate to this project before Tuesday Mar 28, 11:59 pm UTC.

101 Backers or supporters so far.

Will this end before the deadline given on the donation page? - as some may have to plan their monthly expenses and/or

want to donate more than once.

https://gogetfunding.com/nsane-down-community/

Hope that everyone had a good Christmas with friends and family, and looking forward to a Joyous New Year !

I wish for many donations to the nsane.forums during it's donation drive.

I still wish to be friends with all nsane members and staff - as we all have one thing in common right here nsane...

May you live long and be healthy.

SURbit

Edited by SURbit
spelling and added thoughts

• Matrix locked this topic
  • Matrix unlocked this topic