3 new iPads, including bezel-free 10.9in model, tipped for March

Reefa

Now that this year’s new iPhone has been launched, expectations are turning towards the next generation of iPad. Apple‘s last tablet releases included the debut of the large 12.9-inch iPad Pro, followed by a more the more reasonably sized iPad Pro in the 9.7-inch form-factor. But now rumors are buzzing that next year will see refreshed iPad Pros in both those previous sizes, along with a brand-new 10.9-inch model featuring a bezel-free design.

This latest information comes from Barclays analysts, which source Apple’s supply chain in Asia. They predict Apple to announce the trio of new iPads at a media event sometime in March.

While the release of 12.9-inch and 9.7-inch iPads updated with Apple’s latest processors at some point is obvious, it’s the new 10.9-inch model that’s most interesting. The analysts note that the tablet will eliminate the borders that usually surround the screen, making it an edge-to-edge display. Because of this, the new model will be able to maintain the same physical size as the existing 9.7-inch iPad Pro.

The remainder of Barclays’ prediction is that Apple will sell the three larger iPad models alongside each other, with the 9.7-inch model becoming the “low-cost” option, despite maintaining the “Pro” name. The 7.9-inch iPad Mini isn’t expected to be refreshed anytime soon, but the existing model, first released in September 2015, will continue to be manufactured and sold.

There have been rumors about 10.1 to 10.5-inch iPad for several months now, and reports about next year’s iPhone featuring a bezel-free design for much longer than that. It could be that Apple has been considering a brand-new iPad size/design for some time, and has decided to use it to unveil an edge-to-edge display ahead of the next iPhone.

source

• Replies 2
  • Views 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I seriously hate Apple products, iPad, iPhone, etc are very difficult to transfer files to and from a pc without annoying iTunes. Had several iPad's over the years, while there great for simple tasks, they have no option for a micro-sd card or mini-usb slot. You have to create an apple id just to download their apps and you get bombarded with pop-ups and junk email. It seems Apple releases new hardware every 6 mos to a year continually just to keep charging their end users a premium price for their crappy hardware. Hell, the MacBook still doesn't do touchscreen. With every new revision of Apple products, they keep making their devices lighter/slimmer and keep removing ports. The new Ipad doesn't even use a standard micro-usb cable to charge the damn thing, you have to buy a special lighting cable so Apple can continually rape you for more money. Recently bought the Nvidia Shield K1 Android tablet that wowed me so much, it's prob the best tablet to date and even has a mini-hdmi port, something Apple products do not. 

Heya virge

Great points man - Apple just works for some people.

It's like an investment because you'll always be updating and re-purchasing the same product as time goes on.

It's just how the apple ecosystem is.

You can use iAmazing to pretty much drag and drop files to iPhone without needing library sync

even this cannot beat general plug n play usb mass storage

I just find my files are always there when I need them .v.s Android Custom ROM OCD Flashing disorder - sometimes I'll mess with my files / filesystem

I could see myself jumping ship from android to iOS but the restrictions that'll impose are unavoidable even if I jailbreak.

Right now I'm using OS X on a Lenovo and I find OS X intuitive but it will bog down so quick

I just can't believe how much consistency there is between apps - my eyes are thanking me.    

warez is going strong. everything feels premium and the OS is set back in a few ways too,

Too much shaking with animations (motion) - can fix in accessibility

transparency iOS style - slows down system

IMO-THIS-IS-BEST-HACKINTOSH(annonURL)

Making sure I stay on track

I can fully agree no expandable storage sucks - but UFS 2.0 on phones / faster than U3 will be worth it in the long run.

Apple's eco-system will be more tolerable now as they've polished more things up

Hence most my comments were in regards to a time I got a cheap brand new iPhone from a friend who got it on contract (iPhone 4) 

It wasn't a 4S but still, after jailbreaking it was a heap of shit when compared to Galaxy S2

most of that would be the fault of the small screen and measly small 256mb ram so I cannot judge well.

Archived