Welcome to nsane.forums

Welcome to nsane.forums, like most online communities you need to register to view parts of our community or to make contributions, but don't worry: this is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of nsane.forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Access special members only forums
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates

Petrovic

Do Not Install These 10 Popular Android Apps

18 posts in this topic

However, i did install Kaspersky Mobile Security on my unrooted mobile phone for protection when accessing public WiFi hotshots. Don't know if Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Mobile does a better job though.

damm... mostly all these app me already using it  :/

I would add Touchpal - once it was great adfree keyboard, but now it contains ads and bloat

1 hour ago, sergicz said:

I would add Touchpal - once it was great adfree keyboard, but now it contains ads and bloat

Ive never even understood why people used that bloated extortionally priced shit, the default keybaord has swipe, the fuck you need Touchpal etc for?....

The only extra keyboard youre ever likely to want/need is the Hackers Keyboard, for when youre in terminal...

As for ES File Explorer, i still use an older version of it, why? because its still the best.

FX chokes on a lot of functions (for example try installing an app via sideload on Android N by tapping the app in FX, then try in ES File Explorer or anything, because youre going to have to). Its also the slowest ive ever seen data travel when copying files from OTG USB to internal memory...why?, when copying the same files via ES you blink and its over... FX is fucking awful. Wouldnt install it on my worst enemies device.

Edited by stylemessiah

Thread moved to Mobile Mania.

16 hours ago, truemate said:

damm... mostly all these app me already using it  :/

Not only you, a lot of Indians make the same mistake. Thankfully, I have known about the intentions of these apps from years now. They all are shady. I really hate it when I see these apps on the top of the Android free app list. I mean, the whole country is getting fooled by this and yet no one understands it.

Recently, a phone with a lot of problems came to me. It was filled by some of the apps mentioned above. I could have uninstalled them, but instead, I explained it to the phone's owner, about how some apps actually harm the phone and never work as shown. The person uninstalled them and most of the phone's problems were fixed.

Some of these apps do not even deserve to be on Google Play.

14 hours ago, stylemessiah said:

As for ES File Explorer, i still use an older version of it, why? because its still the best.

FX chokes on a lot of functions (for example try installing an app via sideload on Android N by tapping the app in FX, then try in ES File Explorer or anything, because youre going to have to). Its also the slowest ive ever seen data travel when copying files from OTG USB to internal memory...why?, when copying the same files via ES you blink and its over... FX is fucking awful. Wouldnt install it on my worst enemies device.

At the risk of getting an app liked by me being criticized by you, have you tried using this. It's an excellent in-development app. Try the latest version though.

3 people liked / thanked this

7 hours ago, DKT27 said:

Thread moved to Mobile Mania.

Not only you, a lot of Indians make the same mistake. Thankfully, I have known about the intentions of these apps from years now. They all are shady. I really hate it when I see these apps on the top of the Android free app list. I mean, the whole country is getting fooled by this and yet no one understands it.

Recently, a phone with a lot of problems came to me. It was filled by some of the apps mentioned above. I could have uninstalled them, but instead, I explained it to the phone's owner, about how some apps actually harm the phone and never work as shown. The person uninstalled them and most of the phone's problems were fixed.

Some of these apps do not even deserve to be on Google Play.

At the risk of getting an app liked by me being criticized by you, have you tried using this. It's an excellent in-development app. Try the latest version though.

mobilewala : d

cleanmaster , clean it.. is used by so many people around the globe.. if its not good for the mobile.. then which app is better to clean junks ?

in asus it was inbuild installed ...this cleanmaster app,,, though now they removed it support and thru latest sys update we can uninstall cleanmaster fully.

Edited by truemate

didn't install any app from the list,usin' built in ones in Flyme /pretty quality ones imo.after unlocked hi-fi chip even default player is good (at least).

Edited by gipsy

9 hours ago, DKT27 said:

Lol, ive had it installed for a while, but never gotten around to it, the testing of FX put me off using another explorer. I promise ill give it a whirl tomorrow, just for you

1 person liked / thanked this

12 hours ago, DKT27 said:

2 hours ago, stylemessiah said:

Lol, ive had it installed for a while, but never gotten around to it, the testing of FX put me off using another explorer. I promise ill give it a whirl tomorrow, just for you

Solid Explorer ftw!

Thank God, i never install those crap.

Is it only the free version of ES File Explorer that include crap or does the pro version include some of the same crap??

23 hours ago, truemate said:

mobilewala : d

cleanmaster , clean it.. is used by so many people around the globe.. if its not good for the mobile.. then which app is better to clean junks ?

in asus it was inbuild installed ...this cleanmaster app,,, though now they removed it support and thru latest sys update we can uninstall cleanmaster fully.

I know it may have looked so to you. But no, I do not sell or repair mobiles as a profession. :P I'm more of a computer guy than a mobile one. Was just helping a family friend.

Because most people around the world are not technologically experts like some people are. Remove all such apps. I believe the default File Explorer app of ASUS has some features to check the file / folder usage / size, look into it. Not much needs to actually removed, only thumbnails if you use the file explorer a lot and temporary files, nothing else I can think of.

Actually, if you use Whatsapp a lot, search for duplicates. I recently came to know that Whatsapp is notorious in this. It seems to keep double, yes double backup of photos and videos on phone, taking all the space. Find the Whatsapp folder and delete all the photos and videos you do not require. Beware though, make sure you are not deleting the ones you want, the deleted ones cannot be brought back - only delete duplicates and ones you do not want.

As for running processes. Use this. Read how it works and what needs to be done. Add the apps you do not use but keep running in background, to it. I even bought the donation version recently, it's cheaper for us here in India. The donation version allows one to even add the system apps of Android to it - looking at all the non-useful pre-installed Google apps here.

20 hours ago, stylemessiah said:

Make sure you try the latest beta version. The developer is making massive improvements quite fast. Not only that, he hears user opinions and even fixes the things that need to be done in it.

1 person liked / thanked this

using clean master but switch to ccleaner , :D

du battery is useless IMHO, install it for a while and then delete it 

Good that I don't use most of them, but UC browser and Clean Master were installed in the past. Should I be worried?

Android is like the wild-west , so many bad apps.

i totally agree that we shouldn't install any anti virus app. even for pc, i never

a way to be on the safe site is to take stuff from F-Droid app repository that comes from

https://i.imgur.com/pWQSvdP.png

an the only File Explorer on my phone is TC