The 5K display Apple and LG built together just got cheaper

steven36

Alongside its 4K counterpart

lg_ultrafine_5k_display_screenshot_1_0.p

Apple is reducing the price of its new 5K LG UltraFine Display by more than 25 percent as part of an effort to ease the transition to its new line of MacBook Pros. The special promotion, which amounts to a $349 price cut for the $1,299.95 monitor, brings the product’s price under $1,000. The company is also reducing the price on the 4K version from $699.95 to $524. Both products, designed in partnership between Apple and LG, are available on Apple’s online store, with the 4K model available now and the 5K model going on sale next month.

In addition to these display promotions, Apple is temporarily reducing the cost of its many USB-C adapters now that the new MacBook Pro only contains Thunderbolt 3 ports. In a statement, the company said it recognized that many professionals rely on legacy ports and older devices, and that the price cuts would stay in effect until the end of the year.

“We recognize that many users, especially pros, rely on legacy connectors to get work done today and they face a transition. We want to help them move to the latest technology and peripherals, as well as accelerate the growth of this new ecosystem,” Apple said. “Through the end of the year, we are reducing prices on all USB-C and Thunderbolt 3 peripherals we sell, as well as the prices on Apple's USB-C adapters and cables.”

- Via: MacRumors

- Original Source: Apple.com

Source:

http://www.theverge.com/2016/11/4/13527590/apple-lg-ultrafine-5k-display-price-cut

• Replies 1
  • Views 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey coward troll  why dont come forward and say whats on you're mind instead of  hiding , if you got beef with me my pm is open ! .. I reported you for targeting  me out 3 post in a row  ... I don't mark post down because the site has rules against personal  attacks and i can't say what's on my mind i just block the person if they want leave me alone . Since I cant see you're name up there and really ive not done nothing to anyone that I know of seems you're just being a troll?

And Nsane wonders why  they are losing all there members. that contribute new post ..It's  idiot's like you that  have been marking mine and many others members post down for years now just on the fact you have and personal  grudge and it's not much incentive to post new topics, you site killing coward! 1 post maybe you didn't like the product but 3 post in a row is a personal  attack! And the mods can see who done it so the joke is on you and they see you're not a very nice person.

Archived