Problem with liking posts and following contents

Sylence

• Administrator
8 hours ago, Cypher3927 said:

The migration was a breeze and I think the team will likely have a similar experience should they decide to go that route. In terms of pricing, Xenforo is cheaper, especially if you factor in time spent on issues or security concerns with current alternatives like IPB. From what I remember, a single license goes for about $140 and a renewal for an additional 12 months is $40 and you get updates and ticket support throughout. Then there may be costs associated with certain add-ons should they be so inclined as to require something that's not available right out of the box. There are a few that are created by Xenforo such as their Enhanced Search which goes for $50 (extensions are $10), Media Gallery which goes for $60 (extensions are $15) or Resource Manager which is $60 (extensions are $15). Also an optional one-time cost of $250 should anyone care about branding removal. There are other less-costly avenues too, if you catch my drift, but make sure you get a quality release from a reputable source. As more time becomes available, if the team is interested then they should allot some time to run tests and see if it'd be viable but I think that it's certainly worthy of consideration. I really like what Xenforo brings to the table, maybe you guys will too. :cheers:

I see. I missed the $40 part on their site. :P So it's certainly slightly cheaper than IPB. We only care for the main forums, have no use for other things.

Also, how is the customization and community / official extension support. Asking as I'm slightly wondering, do you not think it looks slightly, just slightly, like the free forum softwares out there.

One more thing, does it offer any spam blocking support, IPB does.

I think, even if we decide to switch, which is quite unlikely unless really required, I think the upfront purchase cost would be too expensive, but I cannot say that for sure myself. Cannot go for other non-legal alternatives though.

• Replies 25
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived