Problem with liking posts and following contents

Sylence

Looks like there is a problem with liking posts, when I click on "Like" button for a post it stays grey forever and nothing happens, after refreshing the page it shows I still haven't liked the post.

also can't follow topics other than those of mine. " There was a problem loading this content.

• Replies 25
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

check its working fine for me :D

no issues ! may be your internet connection is slow a bit today. clear your browser cache may help !

1 hour ago, saeed_dc said:

Looks like there is a problem with liking posts, when I click on "Like" button for a post it stays grey forever and nothing happens, after refreshing the page it shows I still haven't liked the post.

also can't follow topics other than those of mine. " There was a problem loading this content.

it's working just do the following:

- Regular method: Click the button and wait some seconds. it will be greyed out but it will do its job

- Workaround: Right-click on the button and copy/paste the link in your browser's address bar. it will refresh with the like/thanks done!

13 hours ago, PriSim said:

check its working fine for me :D

no issues ! may be your internet connection is slow a bit today. clear your browser cache may help !

I barely think a forum like this needs more than 2.5 MB/s for running a piece of java script code in order to like a post.

16 hours ago, saeed_dc said:

Do You know, I have a much greater concern.
What do with these "Likes"? Cannot find anywhere how many "Likes" is necessary, to get one a good beer or one good girl, for example.

14 hours ago, Kalju said:

What do with these "Likes"? Cannot find anywhere how many "Likes" is necessary, to get one a good beer or one good girl, for example.

likes would help you get a good girl, on Facebook.

46 minutes ago, saeed_dc said:

likes would help you get a good girl, on Facebook.

"Like" is given, it means, now is chance a bit higher and better, but me seems, here is some girls only, need to get many "Likes". Must go on facebook.

Maybe add more "Like" buttons and use also different colors?

1 hour ago, Kalju said:

"Like" is given, it means, now is chance a bit higher and better, but me seems, here is some girls only, need to get many "Likes". Must go on facebook.

Maybe add more "Like" buttons and use also different colors?

that doesn't seem like a bad idea

• Administrator

We are knowing about this issue and are already look into it. While we think this is not an big issue, it's still an issue that needs to be fixed.

As mentioned already, it can be fixed by just waiting a little and if it does not work, there are ways to bypass this issue. Browser cache clearing may help though.

19 hours ago, Kalju said:

If you are asking for their use or meaning though, it does mean a lot actually. First, it helped the forum get rid of relatively meaningless thank you posts. While I personally think thank you post once in a while is completely fine - even now, but the staff's leniency on the thank you posts meant that the forums were overloaded with them. The Like / Thanks button, in addition to the member's reports and staff's work, completely fixed this. Second thing is, it gives the power to users to show their appreciation. Unlike some social site, where people do things for attention, both the like giver and post maker, the power of Like / Thanks button here on nsane is for appreciation including but not limited to the opinion, help, hard work of the poster here.

I thought that everyone understands that this is a joke.
Of course, I know why such a button is good. Why it is a good for forum and why it's good 'psychological point of view'.
However, despite to some reluctance, I think, one little joke is always good. 
To give a one little "Like" is always better than to sow hatred and violence.

I thought I was the only one having problems on slow approving like/thank button.

When I clicked it, I wait for a few seconds then left click on an empty part of the page.

I was one of those who frequently complained a lot about "thank you" posts.

I'm sorry about that but the benefit of prohibiting it is huge.

Long long time ago, hehehe, I found myself browsing pages of "thank you" posts just to find some relevant information.

Glad the admin granted our request. :P

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Kalju said:

I thought that everyone understands that this is a joke.
Of course, I know why such a button is good. Why it is a good for forum and why it's good 'psychological point of view'.
However, despite to some reluctance, I think, one little joke is always good. 
To give a one little "Like" is always better than to sow hatred and violence.

Agreed. Nothing wrong in spreading fun when done with good intentions and such.

Not only am I having problems with the Like/Thank button but when posting the page sits on a grayed out 'Saving' for 10 seconds, each and every time.  It is like the software has lost  its way and is grinding away on the server trying to figure out what to do.

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, straycat19 said:

Not only am I having problems with the Like/Thank button but when posting the page sits on a grayed out 'Saving' for 10 seconds, each and every time.  It is like the software has lost  its way and is grinding away on the server trying to figure out what to do.

That's a nice way to put it. :P

I personally think it might be happening during peak hours more than on non-peak ones. Eitherway, as I said, we know about it and are looking into it. Meanwhile you guys need to have some patience, both in posting / liking and also in waiting for the issue to be fixed here.

8 minutes ago, DKT27 said:

That's a nice way to put it. :P

I personally think it might be happening during peak hours more than on non-peak ones. Eitherway, as I said, we know about it and are looking into it. Meanwhile you guys need to have some patience, both in posting / liking and also in waiting for the issue to be fixed here.

I don't like to complain, just thought that the additional information about saving might be useful, otherwise I wouldn't have posted to this thread at all since the work around does work.  But I will say it doesn't make any difference what time of day or night it is, the result is always the same.  I am on here all hours of the day and night since I typically go 2-3 days without sleep, just merrily computing away, and the problem is constant.

• Administrator
3 hours ago, straycat19 said:

I don't like to complain, just thought that the additional information about saving might be useful, otherwise I wouldn't have posted to this thread at all since the work around does work.  But I will say it doesn't make any difference what time of day or night it is, the result is always the same.

It does, but there is a limit I can do. Shought will need to look into it and he will do so when he gets time. We accept and appreciate all the feedback when done with good intentions, like you have done above.

As for myself, many times it happens instantly, many times it takes time. As in your case it happens all the time, it means it's not necessarily connected to the server load and such.

You may wonder why this is happening though. While I cannot reveal much, you may have noticed that we have made some network related changes on the site after the recent uptime issues. This problem is likely to be connected to it.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey fam. Just wanted to give you a little feedback that I'm having issues with liking posts across all of the installed browsers on my Windows 10 system (Chrome, Edge and Firefox). At first I thought it might be an issue with Adblock Plus perhaps blocking that element on the page but then I tested in Edge where I don't have any extensions installed yet and still no dice. Thanks to the staff for all of the great work they do, it's very much appreciated. :cheers:

19 minutes ago, Cypher3927 said:

Hey fam. Just wanted to give you a little feedback that I'm having issues with liking posts across all of the installed browsers on my Windows 10 system (Chrome, Edge and Firefox). At first I thought it might be an issue with Adblock Plus perhaps blocking that element on the page but then I tested in Edge where I don't have any extensions installed yet and still no dice. Thanks to the staff for all of the great work they do, it's very much appreciated. :cheers:

it is not to browsers or adblockers related. This issue appeared after a system downtime

just do the following to get it working

:

- Regular method: Click the button and wait some seconds. it will be greyed out but it will do its job

- Workaround: Right-click on the button and copy/paste the link in your browser's address bar. it will refresh with the like/thanks done!

Just now, jordan4x said:

it is not to browsers related. This issue appeared after a system downtime

just do the following to get it working

:

This is really weird but I was just able to like your comment but when I went back to another page that I had wanted to like a comment on, it got greyed out but when I refreshed the page there was no feedback. This is what's been happening lately when I try to like a post. I will try the workaround and see what happens. Thanks a lot for the help.

Allow me to relay my experience and perhaps it could be of some use: I used to manage a prominent website that was, from the outset, initially running Invision Power Board. Years later, there were new versions of IPB and Xenforo due out so we assessed the future direction of both platforms and decided to migrate to Xenforo as we deemed it a better fit for many of the areas that were of vital importance to the site. When we finally completed the transition, it was superior in everything from management to security. Things just worked intuitively out of the box and we ended up having a lot of features and functionality that we didn't have available before. It didn't feel like we had to fight the platform to get it to do what we wanted. Perhaps the staff should investigate this avenue and see if it would serve their purposes. Highly recommended and what's truly exciting is that Xenforo is still a new platform when compared to IPB and other alternatives, so it can only get better and I'm already quite optimistic about the direction that it's heading in. Just as a side note, I'm in no way affiliated with Xenforo and my feedback is purely experiential.

• Administrator
On 20/11/2016 at 2:41 AM, Cypher3927 said:

This is really weird but I was just able to like your comment but when I went back to another page that I had wanted to like a comment on, it got greyed out but when I refreshed the page there was no feedback. This is what's been happening lately when I try to like a post. I will try the workaround and see what happens. Thanks a lot for the help.

Allow me to relay my experience and perhaps it could be of some use: I used to manage a prominent website that was, from the outset, initially running Invision Power Board. Years later, there were new versions of IPB and Xenforo due out so we assessed the future direction of both platforms and decided to migrate to Xenforo as we deemed it a better fit for many of the areas that were of vital importance to the site. When we finally completed the transition, it was superior in everything from management to security. Things just worked intuitively out of the box and we ended up having a lot of features and functionality that we didn't have available before. It didn't feel like we had to fight the platform to get it to do what we wanted. Perhaps the staff should investigate this avenue and see if it would serve their purposes. Highly recommended and what's truly exciting is that Xenforo is still a new platform when compared to IPB and other alternatives, so it can only get better and I'm already quite optimistic about the direction that it's heading in. Just as a side note, I'm in no way affiliated with Xenforo and my feedback is purely experiential.

Really good to know that. How hard was the migration though, would like to know that. Also, what are the renewal costs for the main forums.

Right now, both Lite and shought are really busy. So it's not possible to get time to start using another forum software altogether. In addition to that, we have probably been using IPB since the start. But still, your suggestion is something I will try to remember and if required, even look into it.

On 11/21/2016 at 10:01 AM, DKT27 said:

Really good to know that. How hard was the migration though, would like to know that. Also, what are the renewal costs for the main forums.

Right now, both Lite and shought are really busy. So it's not possible to get time to start using another forum software altogether. In addition to that, we have probably been using IPB since the start. But still, your suggestion is something I will try to remember and if required, even look into it.

The migration was a breeze and I think the team will likely have a similar experience should they decide to go that route. In terms of pricing, Xenforo is cheaper, especially if you factor in time spent on issues or security concerns with current alternatives like IPB. From what I remember, a single license goes for about $140 and a renewal for an additional 12 months is $40 and you get updates and ticket support throughout. Then there may be costs associated with certain add-ons should they be so inclined as to require something that's not available right out of the box. There are a few that are created by Xenforo such as their Enhanced Search which goes for $50 (extensions are $10), Media Gallery which goes for $60 (extensions are $15) or Resource Manager which is $60 (extensions are $15). Also an optional one-time cost of $250 should anyone care about branding removal. There are other less-costly avenues too, if you catch my drift, but make sure you get a quality release from a reputable source. As more time becomes available, if the team is interested then they should allot some time to run tests and see if it'd be viable but I think that it's certainly worthy of consideration. I really like what Xenforo brings to the table, maybe you guys will too. :cheers:

Archived