Welcome back nsane

vitorio

knowledge-Spammer
25 minutes ago, Hated On Mostly said:

You don't need to answer everyone's questions, you just need to keep people updated.

How much time does it take to put up a sentence.

"The site is down because of [some reason/we don't know/etc], we are working on it, no time estimate on return."

That takes less than one minute.

You don't need to answer questions.

And the torrent communities are like this site. Demonoid forums were where all the action was, not the torrents. thepiratebay's forums used to be hugely active. h33t was another great community site.

The same stuff that occurs on this forum was occurring on those forums. Tech support, tutorials, programming, etc.

Communities that take years to build can break apart very quickly due to simple neglect and lack of communication.

h33t was another great community site.

h33t was one of the best i think

• Replies 74
  • Views 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whoever comes in here and makes snarky comments or overdone wise ones, stop complaining. I never ever stepped in before but i feel it's necessary to do it, even if nobody is listening. Don't you guys get it? Nsane has changes undergoing and it looks like some members see forum staff like some krakens with bunch of legs and stuff, it's poorly overdone, fiction. There isn't much someone can ask for, just a bit of patience and common sense. The latter is personal lifes, families, simply the every-day-crap-day-in-day-out. There is no need to make it harder for everyone than it already is. TL : DR Remember, nobody is going to abandon anything.

• Administrator

Let me repeat myself here. The site issues are still not completely fixed. There may or may not be more uptime issues.

Now do not tell me I did not let you guys know beforehand about it.

Hated On Mostly
On 10/23/2016 at 0:52 PM, knowledge said:

h33t was another great community site.

h33t was one of the best i think

It was. The site had a lot of unique stuff going on the forums that has disappeared from the internet once the site went down.

My favorite person was "migel" and the crazy software packs he was always putting together. He was also very helpful.

1 minute ago, DKT27 said:

Let me repeat myself here. The site issues are still not completely fixed. There may or may not be more uptime issues.

Now do not tell me I did not let you guys know beforehand about it.

Thank you for taking up your whole day to post that message. It took a lot to do it. :rolleyes:

I was actually referring to notifications when the site was completely down (i.e. when it completely disappears from the internet), when neither the front page or the forums could be accessed.

23 minutes ago, Hated On Mostly said:

Thank you for taking up your whole day to post that message. It took a lot to do it. :rolleyes:

Enough with your unrespectful style!

Here is a definitive answer for you:

When the site is down:

- Notification: will be posted when possible

- Reason : Under maintenance

if you're looking for informations, all the above posts are enough for everyone

if you're still asking for more then i'll believe you're looking for troubles

• Administrator

I did not know the admins were required to be bots here.

16 minutes ago, DKT27 said:

I did not know the admins were required to be bots here.

Yeah, it seems a lot of hard work and effort has been put into the security of the site, amongst other duties like maintaining forum software , fixing bugs, etc. The fact that the admins post means a lot, considering the amount you guys have so much on your plates. 

I particularly appreciate what you're doing to keep the site running , the site would be forever down without you lot ?

Hated On Mostly
2 hours ago, jordan4x said:

Enough with your unrespectful style!

Here is a definitive answer for you:

When the site is down:

- Notification: will be posted when possible

- Reason : Under maintenance

if you're looking for informations, all the above posts are enough for everyone

if you're still asking for more then i'll believe you're looking for troubles

If you look at my posts compared to DKT27 in this thread. He became disrespectful and sarcastic first. If he wants to try to bully me, I will push back.

Go cry to somebody else.

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, Hated On Mostly said:

If you look at my posts compared to DKT27 in this thread. He became disrespectful and sarcastic first. If he wants to try to bully me, I will push back.

I am not even trying compared to someone else who trying to accomplish something here.

Hated On Mostly

You try more than you think you do.

You were the one who suggested that some members on this site want to see the site go down when everybody in the thread clearly loves the site.

Try being less sensitive to discussion and suggestions.

• Administrator
48 minutes ago, Hated On Mostly said:

You try more than you think you do.

You were the one who suggested that some members on this site want to see the site go down when everybody in the thread clearly loves the site.

Try being less sensitive to discussion and suggestions.

Who said it was aimed particularly at you.

Still, look at your posts, I'm being as respectful as possible, giving as much reply in as much as mannered possible, yet you are stretching it, testing my patience when I have the whole forum to work on.

I can discuss as much as I want, but I have given all the meaningful answers to all the accusations and far fetched theories. What do I get in reply, questionable behavior, which is not acceptable on the forums.

Hated On Mostly

I find you to be antagonistic. I feel I am being as respectful as possible, just sharing my opinions and offering suggestions about the site.

You find me to be antagonistic. You think you are being as respectful as possible, just replying to the questions and comments.

We will have to agree to disagree.

• Administrator
42 minutes ago, Hated On Mostly said:

I find you to be antagonistic. I feel I am being as respectful as possible, just sharing my opinions and offering suggestions about the site.

You find me to be antagonistic. You think you are being as respectful as possible, just replying to the questions and comments.

We will have to agree to disagree.

If you think so.

I guess we can agree with that.

Hated On Mostly

Believe it or not, I like this site. This is one of about 3 or 4 software sites that I like and actually use and this one probably has the best layout/format and community.

I don't want to see it disappear like a lot of other great community sites that have come and gone.

Just trying to provide suggestions that help maintain the site and community even when problems pop up.

No need to repeat the history or mistakes of other great sites that no longer function like they use to do.

Other great sites disappeared or became abandoned with nothing but a Cloudfare page and a twitter/facebook account that no admin from the site ever used.

The community waited and eventually moved on and was never the same. Don't want to see that happen to nsane.down.

Secure connection failed

An error has occurred during a connection to www.nsanedown.com. The other party has received a valid certificate, but access was denied. Error Code: SSL_ERROR_ACCESS_DENIED_ALERT

• Administrator
15 hours ago, Hated On Mostly said:

Believe it or not, I like this site. This is one of about 3 or 4 software sites that I like and actually use and this one probably has the best layout/format and community.

I don't want to see it disappear like a lot of other great community sites that have come and gone.

Just trying to provide suggestions that help maintain the site and community even when problems pop up.

No need to repeat the history or mistakes of other great sites that no longer function like they use to do.

Other great sites disappeared or became abandoned with nothing but a Cloudfare page and a twitter/facebook account that no admin from the site ever used.

The community waited and eventually moved on and was never the same. Don't want to see that happen to nsane.down.

That's good to hear. We are doing as much as we can. But all the staff have real, outside the forums to work on, which makes it for relatively hard for us.

15 hours ago, 46&2 said:

so what happened to the "What are you listening to" topics? are they coming back or lost forever?

Well, we already have a replacement started, so what's the issue here.

11 hours ago, Blackmamba said:

Secure connection failed

An error has occurred during a connection to www.nsanedown.com. The other party has received a valid certificate, but access was denied. Error Code: SSL_ERROR_ACCESS_DENIED_ALERT

Where / which page did you exactly got this error and is it fixed.

Well, we already have a replacement started, so what's the issue here.

Its not polite to answer a question with a question.
No issue, I asked a simple question, thought you might have an answer?
I didnt want to embarrass you, sorry! :)

• Administrator
5 hours ago, 46&2 said:

Its not polite to answer a question with a question.
No issue, I asked a simple question, thought you might have an answer?
I didnt want to embarrass you, sorry! :)

Well, we might look into bringing it back. But as it got deleted due to an error, there are no guarantees. The error is fixed, but the thread is not back yet.

Meanwhile, we thought, why wait for it, why not start a new one instead here.

Archived