New Monitor (27")

SacredCultivator

SacredCultivator

Hello all,

I was wondering to those that know about computer monitors and if you'd be able to recommend me one.

I currently have a Asus VS248H-P, and 24" was my limit before due to a shelf that was over the desk I use, but now we've removed it and i was looking for an upgrade, preferably 27". Also not fond of the ultra-wide monitors either, they look very "weird" to me.

I guess I should mention my budget-ish and what I primarily use the PC for.
Budget: I was thinking to be under $400? BUT of course if best bang-for-buck it can be a little bit over. {If there's deal via a retailer (Fry's, Best Buy, etc.), would be preferable as well}

Uses: I'm not a huge gamer, so don't think I need a purely Gaming monitor (BenQ?), as I only play League of Legends, which definitely doens't require much. It's mainly just video watching so I'm not too sure if like a 120/144Hz will make such a difference?

I did consider a 4K Monitor, but then the one that i hear is most recommended is This one which is nearing $500, but it's definitely a consideration.

Don't think I have a huge  monster of a PC:
AMX FX 8350 (8-core)

GeForce GTX 960 (4GB RAM)

So, not too sure what other information I may need, but if you need more, I'll be happy to answer.

Thank you.

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Israeli_Eagle
1 hour ago, Kalju said:

Is it megalomania or some natural disaster consequences?

Megalomania is somehow also only a religion. And Hollywood evolved to a effect factory... :eekout:

Good deals @ Microcenter if there's one in your town.  Look for 'open box' that are generally barely used and 20-30% below their already typically decent prices.  Nice Samsung for $369 and really nice looking Dell ($100 off) but still $499.   http://www.microcenter.com/search/search_results.aspx?Ntk=all&sortby=match&N=4294966896+4294873632&myStore=true

SacredCultivator

Hehe... impulsive buyer... I ended up going with This one

Friend recommended it, and now I got it... thought i'd had the curve stand, but kind of liking how it's different to most although quite wobbly like my previous Asus one, but not as bad and I can live with it.

But now the scaling is sort of a disaster and I'm on Win7, so even worse, as I hear Win10 does a better scaling job, but I have no plans  on upgrading to it anytime soon.

1 hour ago, SacredCultivator said:

Hehe... impulsive buyer... I ended up going with This one

Friend recommended it, and now I got it... thought i'd had the curve stand, but kind of liking how it's different to most although quite wobbly like my previous Asus one, but not as bad and I can live with it.

But now the scaling is sort of a disaster and I'm on Win7, so even worse, as I hear Win10 does a better scaling job, but I have no plans  on upgrading to it anytime soon.

Like LG!  Looks like a good one & one sale too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

LG is alright and Samsung is fine too. Both Korean and main panel makers these days.
The best would be any Eizo monitor, but these come with a price tag.
I also recommend iiyama 28 4k monitors. Pretty affordable, working forever, and iiyama has more experience in producing for PC.
This can mean extra's, like extra USB slots in the stand for example.
There is a monitor size which is too big to be comfortable at a desk (30 inch probably), but 28-inch suits me fine.
27 inch & 28 Inch Monitor Reviews – Best Buying Guide for 4K 27inch and 28inch Display

Archived