Reversible Micro USB cable...

humble3d

Reversible Micro USB cable...

is impossible to plug in wrong

winnergear-microflip-reversible-microusb

I have never nerded out so hard over a USB cable the way I am over Winnergear's MicFlip reversible Micro USB-to-USB Type-A cable.

Charging cables suck. I know it. You know it. They friggin' suck, especially ones that only go in one way, like Micro USB and full-sized USB (aka USB Type-A).

No matter how many years of plugging USB cables in, I still fail at plugging them in right sometimes.

Apple's Lightning and the new USB Type-C are both reversible, so plugging them in the wrong way is never an issue, but there are still tons and tons of devices out there with Micro USB ports (like virtually every Android device in existence). Not to mention, the other end of the cable is usually USB Type-A, which is also not reversible.

I have no idea why it took so damn long but Winnergear's MicFlip is the solution we've all been waiting for.

Both the Micro USB and USB Type-A ends are reversible. Mind. blown.

Seriously, why did this take so long to happen? These aren't not flimsy cables either. The tips are gold-coated to resist corrosion, the cable is made from braided nylon (super thick and virtually impossible to tangle or tear) and the plug is made of aluminum and reinforced with rubber where the cable meets it so they won't fray easily.

At 6.5-feet long the MicFlip can easily reach from an outlet to your desk or sofa. And the cable's red.

I know there's no reason for anyone to be this excited about a Micro USB cable but I don't care. It's the best charging cable I've ever used.

I could do this all day long:

The MicFlip is reasonably priced, too. In addition to selling the cable on its website for $19.99, Winnergear will continue to sell them on Indiegogo at an even sweeter deal: Two for $30, which drops each cable down to $15 a pop.

As Mashable's product analyst, my desk is filled with charging cables of every imaginable size and type.

One day the reversibility issue will be moot. All our gadgets will eventually evolve to USB Type-C, and we'll only need a USB Type-C-to-USB Type-C cable.

But until that day comes, Winnergear's MicFlip is the best USB cable for all of your existing Micro USB-equipped devices.

Winnergear MicFlip reversible Micro USB cable

The Good

Reversible Micro USB • Reversible USB Type-A • Strong braided nylon cord • RED

The Bad

There is nothing bad about this product

The Bottom Line

The MicFlip reversible Micro USB cable is full of win. So much win.

http://mashable.com/2016/07/19/winnergear-micflip-reversible-micro-usb-cable-review/?utm_cid=mash-prod-nav-sub-st#vjAjmNkHKEqU

• Replies 1
  • Views 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived