(SOLVED) AirVPN install problems on linuxmint 18 cinnamon

Togijak

I switched my old surf Netbook from Win 7 to linuxmint-18-cinnamon-32bit (for the time I don't use Tails). After updating my system

Cw31Rl6.jpg

I tried to install airvpn_linux_x86_debian.deb but I get

QGW8PYn.jpg

and if I want to install libmono-system-runtime2.0-cil_3.2.8+dfsg-4ubuntu1.1_all.deb the next error message is

ml8F1zC.png

Is there any mono package that I can install to get a chance to install the AirVPN client :(

• Replies 5
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please read these first and try the new beta:

Hence, instead of ignoring the dependencies,  you should try the latest 2.11.x beta which supports the OS version.

If it still doesn't work, try the link recommended by @WALLONN7

Install Guide:

Update: @Togijak confirmed that the portable version works as hinted in one of the above support link.

@Togijak: Thank you for editing the topic as requested. Also, I'd suggest you to create a experienced user guide/review for AirVPN on Linux once you've completely examined.

@vissha

STAFF EDIT: NOW YOU CAN INSTALL EDDIE 2.11.x WHICH IS COMPATIBLE WITH MONO 4 AND CAN BE INSTALLED ON UBUNTU 16.04

but as you see it dos not work

@WALLONN7

thx but I am not sure it is a good idea if I try this

Now you’ll have a problem with dependency errors every time you try to update your system. To get around this, CAREFULLY edit the file /var/lib/dpkg/status. Look for the Airvpn package in that file and remove the above 3 packages from the Depends: line. It should end up looking like this.

but the link from vissha also includes the hint to use the tar.gz Portable and that works fine for the moment. 

after the hint to look for the new AirVPN beta client I downloaded and installed it (without any problems) and this version works fine

Vn6pPdn.png

5 minutes ago, Togijak said:

after the hint to look for the new AirVPN beta client I downloaded and installed it (without any problems) and this version works fine

Glad you sorted it out

i re-edited your post and added "Solved"

Archived