Realtek Audio drivers.. Confused Again

InsaneAl

Guys,

I really "need" to install a newer set of Realtek Audio drivers,, whether they are, ordinary audio,, HQ,, whatever,, just a newer set of them. I have downloaded the latest drivers from Nsane - 6.0.1.7940-WHQL @ 346mb, and was all set to try installing them when I let Windows check for a newer set online and it guided me to the Realtek site where I entered the required Windows version info then got a choice of which to download. I chose the top of the list "0006-64bit_Win7_Win8_Win81_Win10_R279.exe" @ 131mb, otherwise called R2.79 drivers dated at mid 2015...

Questions,

Why aren't they the same as the Realtek drivers that can be downloaded from so many other site, eg 6.0.1.7940..??

Which is the correct one to install..??

**At the moment Device Manager tells me that I have Realtek High Def v6.0.1.7541 installed... It also tells that I have nVidia High Definition Audio installed. Never noticed that before but maybe they've been there all along...

I think I asked this once before many months ago but I got side tracked from the info you guys gave me and I never installed your recommended drivers and just forgot all about it, now I am stumped again..

Why do I need to update..?? Because I recently updated Win10 to this Anniversary v1607.14393.187 and some things got upset - the more I look, the more I find. The latest being that I seem to have lost control of the Realtek Control Panel. It was working the day after the update but a few days back it too went west. I don't have an audio problem as such - everything works,, I do have audio,, but cannot set up anything to my liking from the Rt Control Panel and when I try, Windows tells me that Realtek audio is not enabled and/or default handler, yet I do have audio - in music, games, system etc, but the only thing I can change is the audio volume level. Looking at recent updates, I see that some audio was updated, mainly nVidia, but I do remember seeing something about other audio updates somewhere... I have had real problems with registry settings not sticking since the update and decided to take to plunge and updated my geForce display drivers tonight to 372.90 (very latest), fearing the worst that it may not even boot up properly, but it worked,, so maybe an audio update might help, but I am kind of stuck... I feel I have to find what the hell is causing all this upset..

Anniversary update my butt,, it's been more like a nightmare update..

Just which do I use/install and what do I uninstall beforehand to do it...??? Any help will be MUCH appreciated...!!!

InsaneAl

• Replies 7
  • Views 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Better install latest 7940-driver ( WHQL), its much newer then the driver from the official Realtek-site .

This 7940-driver is much more compatible with Win10 RS1 ( also latest Win10-version) , this driver works exellent and gives us a rich,pure sound in combination with DFX! :D

When you install this driver it will uninstall the previous first and after reboot you get the latest...........

GoodLuck......:D

Welcome to realtek logic:

- use a super outdated website and servers

- publish useless changelog with only one word "customizations"

- push driver updates to OEM and manufacturer ONLY, and NOTHING for ages on your own website

- remove some features and control panel between version without explanation or statement

In one word, F*** them, this is really unbearable in 2016 to see such careless company... Lucky for them they are cheap !

Im sorry to say ; yes you are right !

Its better to get latest drivers from other sites , although its not always needed to update these Realtek-drivers...........:rolleyes:

6 hours ago, Pete 12 said:

...7940-driver ( WHQL), its much newer then the driver from the official Realtek-site .

This 7940-driver is much more compatible with Win10 RS1 ( also latest Win10-version) , this driver works exellent and gives us a rich,pure sound in combination with DFX! :D

When you install this driver it will uninstall the previous first and after reboot you get the latest...........

GoodLuck......:D

true...very true.

Ok, thanks guys...

I have a feeling that this was the same info I got from others in here several months ago, that I shouldn't use the drivers at the out-dated site etc,, just that I forgot. I will install these recommended drivers today.. Before I hit the hay (went to bed) last night and just after I posted my query in here, I checked out my installed drivers again in more detail and it appears that I already have those same R2.79 drivers as are still on the RT site - crazy isn't it..??

I'm super happy that the  GeForce display drivers seem to be working well. I gave them a good workout before retiring for the night and they give great detail,, certainly more than the older Dec 2015 drivers I already had installed and really making my GTX980 card work well...

Thanks for the link Petok,, I downloaded those drivers and they are the same as I got yesterday from one of the software forums within Nsane, but great to confirm that everyone agrees on the same things...

Thank you all for the help...

I may have to work hard on stopping these MS updates. I thought I had them disabled. What a joke. I am running Win10 Home Premium and it appears that it's a lot harder to do so than maybe Win10 Pro and above.. I don't believe I have hated MS more than I do right now... Damned control freaks and sons of @$#*!'s.. Those schmucks know how to spoil a party...

InsaneAl

Guys,,

THANKS SO MUCH - I installed the 7940 a few moments ago, just unpacked Petok's referred download - same as I dl/d yesterday from in here - ran setup, It gave me suggested method, so I did it, then it rebooted. I thought by the time it rebooted back to the desktop, it was all ready to use again so I clicked on an mp3 but got an error I had been getting for the past few days - Oh No..!! - but then Reatlek began installing again, this time it was the 7940 drivers, and in 5 secs it was all over, rebooted, I then went in to the RT Control Panel, was surprised to see the same old interface and thought for a moment that it hadn't actually updated (as I said - been had been experiencing registry key updating problems lately) but clicked on a few changes and the stuck. Yippeee..!!!

I rebooted once again to see if the reg would hold the new settings and yes it seems to be all A-OK. So far, no errors and full control again... It gives you great satisfaction to see that you have fixed a problem like this, but makes you want to piss blood to know they allowed it to happen in the first place ("they" being the big MS)... We are forced to trust them but we seldom actually do... Win10 Anniversary 1607 actually runs very quick in my PC. It has obviously made some good changes - somewhere,, but it was completely offset by a huge inability to actually updating cleanly problem,,, typical...!!!

Again - Thanks So Much for the help from you guys/gals... I have a smile on my dial right now...!!!

InsaneAl

Archived