Registry permissions - Anyone know much about it

InsaneAl

Recently my Win 10 updated to the Anniversary v1607. For some reason after that, quite a concerning amount of info is not being written to registry by 3rd party software. I experienced a few programs that reverted back to original default settings and one that once installed, actually failed to run altogether, simply because no info installed in registry so the system failed to see it. If it wasn't one program in particular that was able to store settings in either registry or .ini file (once I chose ini file it worked fine), I may have been still be looking for the answer... I had to open permissions to all registry hives to either 'all users' or 'everyone' in order to get it working again. I simply used RegEdit and right clicked on each hive header (if that's the correct word) and set permissions.. Very easy.. Yet, I see with everyone who shows how to set permissions, it's a longer more drawn out process, going into Advanced settings, many of which do not show up in my settings boxes, so out of desperation I did it the above way..

Anyone in here who has experience in this...???

InsaneAl

• Replies 1
  • Views 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived