Norwegian rocker Fenriz – of black metal band Darkthrone – is now a member of his local council

Batu69

fenriz2.jpg

Darkthrone’s Fenriz has taken on an unlikely role as a local councillor

You wouldn’t normally associate rock stars with a job as straightforward as working for the council.

But that’s exactly what’s happened in the case of Norwegian rock legend Fenriz, from the black metal band Darkthrone – who’s now taken on a new role as local councillor in his home town of Kolbotn.

Nope, we’re not making this up. The local council just got a bit of a rock injection – as unlikely as it might seem.

Speaking to website Clyrvnt, Fenriz – real name Gylve Nagell – explained exactly what had happened – saying he had agreed to be on the reserve list of potential councillors but had no idea he would actually be voted in.

15hmvotes_jpg_1473906389.jpg

pic - marte evenrud

The black metal star thinks it might have been the cat that persuaded people to vote for him

‘They called and asked if I wanted to be on the list of backup representatives,’ he explained. ‘I said yeah, thinking I would be like 18th on the list and I wouldn’t really have to do anything.

‘My campaign was a picture of my holding my cat saying “please don’t vote for me”.’

However Fenriz maintains his pet – whose name translates as ‘peanut butter’ – may have had the opposite effect, as he did indeed find himself on the council as a result.

Although he pointed out that he won’t be that heavily involved, explaining: ‘Basically, I have to step in when the usual people who go to the big meetings are sick or something.

pic - facebook

Darkthrone – which also features band member Nocturno Culto – have been going since 1991

‘I’m a pillar of my community.’

And one of the coolest council members ever as far as we’re concerned.

In case you’re unfamiliar with Darkthrone, their music sounds a little bit like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lwz7gucE7x0

The band – consisting of Fenriz and bandmate Nocturno Culto – began life in 1986 as the death metal band Black Death, before embracing black metal and becoming Darkthrone in 1991.

Article source

Fenriz/Darkthrone is a big name in world of metal underground scene, many underground metal bands influenced by Darkthrone music sound.

Seem not just metalheads likes him :D

Good old day,  <-(my favorite song/album) everyday headbang since I was young :D:rockon:

• Replies 3
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Batu69 said:

my favorite song/album) everyday headbang since I was young

:rolleyes:

4 hours ago, Batu69 said:

Seem not just metalheads likes him

The screams and shrieks that make up the emotional extremes of Black Metal, also have a good fit in the Opera when people get older. And at a young age they can be useful to charm the other sex. It works best for guys who found some respite from the all day reckless headbanging and for girls who don't look too close. Your head has become lovely, Batu. (That mustache has the beauty of a herd of elderly bulls streaming from the Croatian coast, my friend). But to stay on topic - many compliments could lead to vanity - Gylve Nagell also known as Fenriz seems to have grown up at 44.  To be a pillar of the community! On a side note: Wardruna's Ragnarok will be released in October. :)

On 16/9/2016 at 4:32 AM, Batu69 said:

Norwegian rock legend Fenriz, from the black metal band Darkthrone

– who’s now taken on a new role as local Councillor in his home town of Kolbotn.

He will...rock them...:tooth:

Archived