Websites For Every Portable Application On The Web

Batu69

portable-994x400.jpg

You already know that some applications offer portable or “soft” installations, but don’t you wish there was some place on the Internet where you could find any portable application? Although few, the good news is that there are some!

Portable applications are incredibly useful. If you’re someone who is constantly carrying around a flash drive, you should always have a few of your favorite portable applications (or even a portable application suite) on it. I’ve found that portable applications are just as useful for a wide variety of uses — like when you’re setting up synchronized folders. I have a folder in my Dropbox dedicated to no-installation-required programs, and syncing it to any new desktop or laptop means that I immediately have several applications available at my fingertips. It’s rather helpful.

Here where you can go to find these types of portable programs

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmm.  I have a list of 27 portable application sites I use and these 5 are not among the 27 because they obviously don't have "every portable application on the web".  More false advertising just so someone can write an article full of bullshit, starting with the title.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
demon.devin

Not sure this is the right median for this post but for those interested in portable development, I've created a custom.nsh template for use with PA.c Launcher which has support for quick dotNET checking, Registering DLLs, Services, Scheduled Tasks, and more. It's decently commented for an end-user's understanding.  This is for those more hardcore portable junkies who have some NSIS knowledge base in their code bank répertorier. Lol. I figured this could be useful so here's the GIST of it.

If anyone needs help with something in that code, feel free to ask. I do realize that this template looks rather overwhelming to a novice programmer so I've started my official Unofficial Guide to PAF Development. This isn't complete by far but if you're looking for help, not just with this template, but using the PA.c Launcher you may find what you need help with there.Can you improve on this? Go ahead ..I'm open source too. Hope this can be useful and is helpful.

GlacialMan

Who is interested in development and refining or collecting of Portables and Repacks, can send me a PM.

Archived