Photo Editing Help

sscsr1

I had some work done on my home and took some pictures of some of the sub-par workmanship that was done. I would like to edit these pictures and do something like circle the problem area in the picture and put an arrow and a text box to describe the problem. I do not know how to do this kind of stuff so I will need a program that is simple ( not a lot of bells and whistles) and hopefully something I can get here. Can you guys suggest a program to help me on my way please. 

• Replies 9
  • Views 788
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is simple. Let me help you get it done.

First make a copy of the file and right click on the file to choose "Edit". It opens in paint. You can use the shapes to it. Now, click "A" from Tools to enter text. Click where you want to enter text and then start typing. Save it. Done.

Optionally, you can also type your text in notepad/wordpad/office or something and then take a screenshot using snipping tool. Now insert the image to the editing file and re-size it to your requirement and place. Save it. Done.

If you use Office, they have Office Picture manager which also could be used for this purpose.

If you need tools, greenshot would help. The current version includes more options which you don't require. So here is the old but lightest stable version without issues which is useful and doesn't leave unwanted files and traces. Easy to uninstall. I use this specific version whenever I need and found no issues with it.

Here's the version just uploaded for this post. Very small size installer of just 545 KB

Site: https://www.upload.ee
Sharecode[?]: /files/6113816/Greenshot-INSTALLER-0.8.0-0627.exe.html

If you need more advanced tools for any other related work, there are many tools available: Asahmpoo Snap, Snagit, .... and more.

24 minutes ago, sscsr1 said:

I had some work done on my home and took some pictures of some of the sub-par workmanship that was done. I would like to edit these pictures and do something like circle the problem area in the picture and put an arrow and a text box to describe the problem. I do not know how to do this kind of stuff so I will need a program that is simple ( not a lot of bells and whistles) and hopefully something I can get here. Can you guys suggest a program to help me on my way please. 

Easiest to do is to paste the photo on a word document, use all the word tools and take then a screenshot with comments ext. with FastStone Capture.exe afterwards.

Well this tool is famous  for screen shot taking ..and editing.. but also can be used for image editing
very simple tool .. hope this will do your job.

Spoiler

Thanks for the quick replies. I will start working on this tonight. Also  I forgot to mention I was using win 10 sorry about that.

I forgot I had snagit from a while back. Got it but never tried it. It did exactly what I needed thanks. Gave me something to do while my internet was down a few days

Archived