[Solid State Drive] Help

LeeSmithG

Hello.

I want to transfer my current install from my hybrid drive to the C partition I have created on my new s.s.d. and make it boot-able.

I have tried SSD Migration Kit, no good and the EASEUS Todo Backup software also and it created errors.

So any ideas? As reinstalling is such a drag and I am not twenty (20) anymore.

• Replies 10
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Without knowing what these errors exactly are, advice can't be given . . . .

I know you dont like it but,

Best is to install an OS  fresh on your new ssd. This avoid all kinds of problems and possible performance loss.

I agree with @Swoosh  ....  The hybrid drive is different from ssd, so only CLEAN INSTALL

You can safely restore from image only if the source system was installed on the same kind of drive (hdd, hybrid, ssd).

So ..... stop being lazy !

i agree those pograms don't always work, you could try shrinking windows' partition to match the ssd's size with disk management and then macrium reflect backup and restore to the ssd but not sure 100% if it would work afaik

good luck with that

Thanks for the replies, I will have to do a clean install.

3 hours ago, LeeSmithG said:

Hello.

I want to transfer my current install from my hybrid drive to the C partition I have created on my new s.s.d. and make it boot-able.

I have tried SSD Migration Kit, no good and the EASEUS Todo Backup software also and it created errors.

So any ideas? As reinstalling is such a drag and I am not twenty (20) anymore.

you can use https://www.paragon-software.com/home/hdm-personal/

migrate to ssd

stylemessiah

I would never migrate an old system to a new drive, especially with an SSD

Why are people so lazy

Always install clean...

4 hours ago, mona said:

I agree with @Swoosh  ....  The hybrid drive is different from ssd, so only CLEAN INSTALL

You can safely restore from image only if the source system was installed on the same kind of drive (hdd, hybrid, ssd).

So ..... stop being lazy !

Mona, Are you saying you can't go from a regular ole SATA HDD to SSD by simply making an image then restoring it b/cuz I do this all the time with Acronis - NBD.  Perhaps I'm misunderstanding.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a ready-made solution tailored for those who try avoiding to start fresh :    :P

Paragon Migrate OS to SSD 4.0

Fast and easy OS migration to Solid State Drives (SSD)!

Ready to upgrade to a new Solid State Drive (SSD)? Paragon’s Migrate OS to SSD is just what you need. Our handy intuitive wizard performs fast and safe Windows migrations to new storage devices (HDD or SSD) and even downsizes to smaller capacity drives, thanks to advanced new data exclusion capabilities. You can transfer a live system with no impact to your work, and have your partitions automatically aligned in the process if needed.

New Microsoft Windows 10 support!

Archived