Acronis True Image 2017 20.0 Build 5534

jalaffa

2 minutes ago, Ghazi said:

Can you tell what you mean by IFL. Also is Paragon an option to look into while restoring to dissimilar hardware. I want to make a fully updated backup of Win 8.1 which I can restore to dissimilar hardware. Whats your opinion

IFL: Terabyte Image for Linux. It's a boot ISO/USB that can be used to backup any Windows/Linux OS disk/partitions offline. Function-wise, it's the same as Image for Windows.

I have no experience with Paragon in terms of restoring to dissimilar hardware. But the truth is, i once restored a Windows 10 image to a different computer, it booted fine and installed all the drivers by itself. The result - a perfectly working OS on a computer with very different hardware. Not sure about Windows 8.1.

• Replies 120
  • Views 22.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, oliverjia said:

IFL: Terabyte Image for Linux. It's a boot ISO/USB that can be used to backup any Windows/Linux OS disk/partitions offline. Function-wise, it's the same as Image for Windows.

I am currently downloading IFL from here. Will this include the boot cd/iso or I have to make it. Can you share the iso link for IFL.

4 minutes ago, oliverjia said:

I have no experience with Paragon in terms of restoring to dissimilar hardware. But the truth is, i once restored a Windows 10 image to a different computer, it booted fine and installed all the drivers by itself. The result - a perfectly working OS on a computer with very different hardware. Not sure about Windows 8.1.

What software did you use to do this

1 minute ago, oliverjia said:

... But the truth is, i once restored a Windows 10 image to a different computer, it booted fine and installed all the drivers by itself. The result - a perfectly working OS on a computer with very different hardware. Not sure about Windows 8.1.

I assume you're talking about the Paragon isn't? I also have not had experience in dissimilar hardware but ordinary backups/restoring is very reliable in my day by day.

3 minutes ago, aspele said:

I assume you're talking about the Paragon isn't? I also have not had experience in dissimilar hardware but ordinary backups/restoring is very reliable in my day by day.

Is there a bootable iso like acronis for it. If there is can you share the link

6 minutes ago, Ghazi said:

Is there a bootable iso like acronis for it. If there is can you share the link

Take a look into this link:

Airstream_Bill

This is just Information for those who want it.  This is for Windows 10 only.  If you have a Full System Backup IMAGE made with Acronis and you can not use it to put your Computer back to that Acronis Image for whatever Reason do this as probably there is nothing wrong with you backup Image.  Put your Windows Installation Media in and boot on it.  Tell it to install Windows and take the Advanced option.  DELETE ALL PARTITIONS when you have done this tell it NEXT.  Wait until windows says it is Installing Files and up to 5 %.  Then Click on the Close X in the upper right hand corner.  It will say something????  SHUT DOWN YOUR Computer remove your Windows 10 installation media and Boot on you Acronis Recovery disk and perform you Disk Recovery as normal.  This will also work if you Used Windows Image and it will not work for you.  Of course you will be using your Windows 10 Recovery Tool or Windows 10 Installation Disk and then you pick out REPAIR.  I will bet this works. 

PS:  This is assuming that one backed up all the partitions.  EFI, Recovery and Primary

1 hour ago, Ghazi said:

I am currently downloading IFL from here. Will this include the boot cd/iso or I have to make it. Can you share the iso link for IFL.

What software did you use to do this

Yes, download the retail version of IFL. Extract it, run makedisk.exe. All you need is a serial number and name, and it will make a boot usb for you. 

I believe I used IFL to restore the Windows 10 image to a different computer. After restore, Windows will automatically install hardware drivers, and ask for a reboot. Do that, and your Windows should be working fine. However, it's best practice to restore to the same computer for which you made the disk image. 

6 minutes ago, oliverjia said:

it's best practice to restore to the same computer for which you made the disk image. 

I have seen in Paragon backup and recovery 15 Home that it has feature which can restore to dissimilar hardware. Also in Paragon deployment Manager 11 we can create a master image and restore it to dissimilar hardware.

Same feature with Acronis Universal Restore. But one must use Acronis Backup Advanced instead of true image to make an image.

I can make ".wim" files rather easily and convert them to ".esd". Replace the ".wim" with the ".esd" in the window iso and use that to install windows but it is a tedious process and takes over 16 hours to complete. So I am searching for an alternative

35 minutes ago, Ghazi said:

I have seen in Paragon backup and recovery 15 Home that it has feature which can restore to dissimilar hardware. Also in Paragon deployment Manager 11 we can create a master image and restore it to dissimilar hardware.

Same feature with Acronis Universal Restore. But one must use Acronis Backup Advanced instead of true image to make an image.

I can make ".wim" files rather easily and convert them to ".esd". Replace the ".wim" with the ".esd" in the window iso and use that to install windows but it is a tedious process and takes over 16 hours to complete. So I am searching for an alternative

Paragon is the way to go!

11 hours ago, vigipirate said:

hello !!!

enjoy patch activation acronis ATI 2017 activate nova_s build 5534 works ok

Site:
Sharecode[?]: /d/xDUUjdiGbt

Hi vigipirate and ALL,

this is the old patch from nova-s...there is an updated patch on  page 4 (from Sir november_ra1n):

v26Aug2016 (CRC32 : 93F38BF9 (.exe)).

Regards,

okru / 28Aug2016

2 hours ago, Ghazi said:

Can you post the link for bootable iso

Acronis Universal Restore ISO supporting 64bit uefi (Bootable ISO)
http://dl2.acronis.com/s/AcronisUniversalRestore.iso

===========================================================

Acronis Universal Restore Addon (Needed to build your own universal bootable media)
http://dl2.acronis.com/u/AcronisTrueImage2017_ur_en-US.msi

Replace "en-US" by your language id.

Example: http://dl2.acronis.com/u/AcronisTrueImage2017_ur_de-DE.msi

You will also need ADK to build a WINPE Universal Boot Media
https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/hardware/windows-assessment-deployment-kit

The other addons needed are included in The Acronis 2017 main program installer

4 hours ago, aspele said:

from xanax post:

build 5534

I know Xanax posted the link for the iso and we are thanful to him. I was asking for the Universal restore iso

2 hours ago, jordan4x said:

Acronis Universal Restore ISO supporting 64bit uefi (Bootable ISO)
http://dl2.acronis.com/s/AcronisUniversalRestore.iso

Will this work with images made with acronis advanced PC and those images made of linux partitions. If not can you give the link for Acronis Backup Advanced Universal. I have v11.7.44421.

Also has the Acronis Backup Advanced version updated or not

silv3rdagg3r
6 hours ago, Ghazi said:

Can you post the link for bootable iso

Actually, you can create your own iso with universal restore included from ATI itself.Here's mine: 

VirtualBox_Windows 7 x64_29_08_2016_15_23_54.png

Keyser Söze

I find it interesting that while Acronis already released their True Image 2017 product, they seemed to have not accompanied it with a Cleanup Utility - when you uninstall the product, a lot of leftovers remain - especially their mobile backup component which I believe isn't part of their previous offerings (their Cleanup Utility is for .ver 2016, and will not remove the new components). 

No wonder everybody prefers to have the boot version of it, although I'd like to know - is there any performance loss in backup/restore when using any backup/restore software in the preinstallation environment as opposed to the full OS, aside from you not being able to use your system for anything else? Cheers! :P

On 30/08/2016 at 11:59 AM, Keyser Söze said:

INo wonder everybody prefers to have the boot version of it,

If True Image in Windows was exactly the same as the boot media version, I personally would buy it as its very cheap. However the installed version is a system invading bloated piece of software with a terrible interface.

7 minutes ago, glamster said:

If True Image in Windows was exactly the same as the boot media version, I personally would buy it as its very cheap. However the installed version is a system invading bloated piece of software with a terrible interface.

It gets into everything - startup entries, scheduled tasks, system services - why don't they allow the end-user to streamline & make their user experience with their software more controlled? Have an install mechanism to allow the user to choose the components they ONLY want installed, at least that cuts down the myriad of issues that will plague them in customer service if they know the select components disabled - hereby eliminating them from the issues.:s

Archived