UN-rootable Android phone

Sylence

I recently got a Huawei Y6 Pro phone (Android 5.1.1) and decided to root it but I couldn't root it. tried more than 10 rooting programs on Computer (Kingo Root, iroot, Vroot, one-click root, wondershare mobile manager, Root genius, framaroot etc etc.) using APK on phone (Kingo root, Vroot, iroot etc etc.) ALL of them failed to root this phone!

TWRP doesn't support it as well, the device not listed on their support page. 

there is also no custom rom for it but that's not the case here since i just wanna root it not replace the rom. most of the error messages i got are: this device not supported, this device is not vulnerable to the exploits in this app etc. any thoughts?

Edited by saeed_dc

• Replies 63
  • Views 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sylence

• Togijak

• NaJeEb303

• SandStone

18 minutes ago, Togijak said:

Did you try Android Debug Bridge (ADB)? and another hint -> look and ask here http://forum.xda-developers.com/t/huawei-y6

Yes I saw that page, it belongs to Y6 model not Y6 pro. I'm gonna try the ADB way but It says that method is used to only unlock the bootloader, also some phones' bootloader can't be unlocked so I guess im totally out of luck ?

Rooting Huawei Y6  Pro-
root%2Bhuawei%2By6%2Bpro.jpg
General specifications-
Huawei Y6 Pro is a smartphone launched in February 2016. the device comes with a 5.00-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 720 pixels by 1280 pixels 

Huawei Y6 Pro running on latest android 5.1  operating system based on a  1.3GHz quad-core MediaTek MT6735 processor.
it comes with 2GB of RAM. The phone packs 16GB of internal storage cannot be expanded. As far as the cameras are concerned, the Huawei Y6 Pro packs a 13-megapixel primary camera on the rear and a 5-megapixel front shooter for selfies. 

it has dual sim,gps,3g & wifi feature in connectivity

Requirements-
adb folder here 
twrp {currently not available we will notify you whene available put you comment}
superSu here 
adb and fastboot driver here 

unlocking oem and bootloader-

1. Go to here and Register to get a Huawei ID.
  2. Login at the unlock page.
  3. Accept Unlocking Agreement.
  4. Enter model number (on your phone you find it at: Settings > About phone > Model number).
  5. Enter serial number (on your phone you find it at: Settings > About phone > Status > Serial number).
  6. Enter IMEI (on your phone you find it at: Settings > About phone > Status > IMEI or IMEI1).
  7. Enter Product ID (on your phone enter: *#*#1357946#*#*).
  8. Submit and get the unlock code. Save it somehow.
  9. extract adb folder.zip file and put recovery.img in adb folder.
  10. install correct adb driver in pc.
  11. go to setting developer option and enable device debugging.
  12. connect device into pc.
  13. open cmd in adb folder right+shift key.
  14. type- adb reboot bootloader and hit enter device booted into fastbootMod.
  15. type fastboot oem unlock+your unclock code {obtain from above} example: fastboot oem unlock 13628438921 and hit enter.
  16. than type fastboot format userdata hit enter.ok your bootloader is now unlocked and you are able to root your device.

http://www.007graphiccity.com/2016/03/root-recovery-unlock-bootloader-huawei-y6-pro.html

Try this:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/general/help/huawei-y6-how-to-root-device-t3218977/post63227956#post63227956

Tip: Turn on aeroplane mode, then turn on wifi, then try to root with King root . .

Try several times, it might get root after several fails . .

BTW, share your exact model number from about phone . .

5 minutes ago, SandStone said:

I like this approach from Huawei, basically Huawei itself help you to root your device? Am I wrong?

Is better because there are less security risk on my advice, also other vendors should follow this example.

Others also follow this approach . . for example Xperia models . .

BTW, they actually make things more complex, like , at first they lock the bootloader , then they itself give bootloader unlock code . . i mean they can just leave the bootloader unlocked . . if one really want to root, he will do it, whether it require unlocking or not . .

well, its still better than the hard locked ones, like verizon . . .

Samsung is now becoming more Apple . ., some verizon S6 models when OTA updated, couldn't downgrade . , the bootloader blocks downgrading . .

Gone are the days when Samsung phones were dev friendly . .

Also look at the Note series, Note 4 was the last model that has good Custom Development i think . . 

http://www.xda-developers.com/the-root-of-the-problem-reminiscing-how-and-why-tinkerers-used-samsung-phones/

2 hours ago, Togijak said:

I registered in both English and Chinese websites, they are just online stores. where exactly to get that code!?

here is the correct link: https://emui.huawei.com/en/plugin.php?id=unlock

but the unlocking page gives an error in Chinese, translated to English it is: 

Sorry, I could not find the page you want ......

We're sorry but the page your are looking for is Not Found ...

Carefully looking over the matter, I did not find the page you are looking for. The most likely cause is:
  • There may be a typing error in the address.
  • When you click on a link, it may have expired.
Click on the following link to view other content on the site ( www.emui.com ):  

also the specifications are incorrect. my phone has 4G LTE

Edited by saeed_dc

2 hours ago, NaJeEb303 said:

Try this:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/general/help/huawei-y6-how-to-root-device-t3218977/post63227956#post63227956

Tip: Turn on aeroplane mode, then turn on wifi, then try to root with King root . .

Try several times, it might get root after several fails . .

BTW, share your exact model number from about phone . .

all those models mentioned there start with "SCL" suffix, my build code starts like this: TIT-AL00C328B123

I tried kingo root several times and no luck. btw I heard it's not very safe to use kingo root.

1 hour ago, saeed_dc said:

all those models mentioned there start with "SCL" suffix, my build code starts like this: TIT-AL00C328B123

I tried kingo root several times and no luck. btw I heard it's not very safe to use kingo root.

I know u tried Kingo Root . , but i just wanted u to try that specific version, that old version may work as it worked for many others . . At this stage u have to try everything u can ;-)

Yup, Kingoroot steals IMEI . .

EDIT: And Also try SRS Root (latest version)

Edited by NaJeEb303

5 hours ago, saeed_dc said:

I registered in both English and Chinese websites, they are just online stores. where exactly to get that code!?

here is the correct link: https://emui.huawei.com/en/plugin.php?id=unlock

but the unlocking page gives an error in Chinese, translated to English it is: 

looks as if you prefer to wait until somebody presents a solution and don't spend time to use your brain HDMkuqB.gif

I showed you the way

and the result off your hint and 20 sec activation my brain led to this result

there is now guarantee that it works but a chance

and a last point before I "ignore" you for the future - if you have a problem and need some help give the people all important information and not drop by drop

6 hours ago, Togijak said:

looks as if you prefer to wait until somebody presents a solution and don't spend time to use your brain HDMkuqB.gif

I showed you the way

and the result off your hint and 20 sec activation my brain led to this result

there is now guarantee that it works but a chance

and a last point before I "ignore" you for the future - if you have a problem and need some help give the people all important information and not drop by drop

buddy.. watch your language, i didn't invite you to comment on my topic with wrong information, I already saw the link and everything you posted here before starting this topic so don't think you're the smart ass. yes I'm not as desperate as you to try just everything, it's foolish 

Edited by saeed_dc

Bro u should try SRS Root at least once . . , on twitter they've claimed that it supports your phone ( TIT-AL00C328B123 )

Regardz,

NJ

17 minutes ago, NaJeEb303 said:

Bro u should try SRS Root at least once . . , on twitter they've claimed that it supports your phone ( TIT-AL00C328B123 )

Regardz,

NJ

Sure sure, Im on their page now trying to find the software. yeah im definitely gonna try it then thanks but there is no download link :blink:

something is wrong with the link you gave for official website, there is no download link and also the latest version isn't what they claim to be in there (ver 4.7).

i found (ver 5.1) from somewhere else, hope it be latest

Capture.PNG

Edited by saeed_dc

36 minutes ago, NaJeEb303 said:

Regardz,

NJ

okay, tried the software on the phone using both options several times, each time phone rebooted and it said root successful but on phone when i check root status using Root Checker app it says still no Root Access.

look at this their website: http://www.srsroot.com/

it says my phone is permanently rooted but nothing on phone yet..

tried the commend to reboot the phone in recovery mode, it worked but thats all

Capture.PNG

@saeed_dc Yeah 5.1 is the Latest version for sure . . 

looks like u're out of luck . .

, btw now i'm thinking of their software to be just a BS, its a scam i thnk . , personally i've never used it except once a long time ago , i don't even remember the phone i tried to root but it also failed to root with it . .

and now i've noticed they've claimed on twitter many phones to be supported which are unrootable . .

and the root successful thing and rebooting the phone and showing success result on their website  . ., all seems fake to me now :unsure:

anyways, looks like only a dev can help u, . . u should post your question with full details on XDA IMO , thats the forum of Android Gurus . .

Wish u best of luck . .

Regardz,

NJ

18 hours ago, NaJeEb303 said:

@saeed_dc Yeah 5.1 is the Latest version for sure . . 

looks like u're out of luck . .

, btw now i'm thinking of their software to be just a BS, its a scam i thnk . , personally i've never used it except once a long time ago , i don't even remember the phone i tried to root but it also failed to root with it . .

and now i've noticed they've claimed on twitter many phones to be supported which are unrootable . .

and the root successful thing and rebooting the phone and showing success result on their website  . ., all seems fake to me now :unsure:

anyways, looks like only a dev can help u, . . u should post your question with full details on XDA IMO , thats the forum of Android Gurus . .

Wish u best of luck . .

Regardz,

NJ

Thank you anyway, yes i'll probably post in there too, it's a shame to see communities like CyanogenMod completely ignore majority of Android phones and only support some specific ones.yes if you look at the supported device list and look at the Android phones available on the market, you will see that majority of phones are not supported by such communities. 

• 3 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, Togijak said:

@saeed_dc

I just found a interesting site  in other context and look around a little bit. There is a post that might be interesting for you

Root any Android device using PC | 5 Best one-click Root PC Apps.

I'd already tried the first 4 programs, tried the 5th one now and root failed. I also unlocked the bootloader in developers settings, didn't need any key from Huawei website or that things.

@saeed_dc

If your bootloader is unlocked you shod be able to flash SuperUser via adb sideload

SuperSU v2.76 Flashable Package

Here is a mirrored copy of SuperSU flashable binary file to use with TWRP and FlashFire app. The files package is not an installable .apk file which you can usually obtain it from Google Play Store. The files are zipped in a single package in .zip format. The SuperSU package contains binary files useful to gain root access on your Android phones or tables. Developed by ChainFire, this tool is quite popular among developers and root users. The main usage concept is easy: simply place it on your phone’s internal storage and flash it via custom recovery like TWRP and you’ll get root easily. However, you’ll need proper knowledge on how to use it or at least you got handy tutorial on how to use it. Yet, some Xiaomi devices like Redmi Note 3 can be rooted with this cool SuperSU power.

47 minutes ago, Togijak said:

@saeed_dc

If your bootloader is unlocked you shod be able to flash SuperUser via adb sideload

SuperSU v2.76 Flashable Package

following this tutorial http://trueandroid.com/en/how-to-install-custom-recovery-in-most-android-devices/

phone needs custom recovery first to use the above package and there's no custom recovery for it

No this is wrong, custom recovery is only one (and easy) way to flash a zip. At the time where I rooted my HTC Sensation there was no custom recovery and no custom rom for it but after root I was able to install xprivacy. If there is no custom recovery the way is like

Step 1. Install ADB Files & USB drivers of your device.

Step 2. Reboot your phone into recovery mode. To do this, shut down your device and turn it back on while holding the power and volume down buttons simultaneously.

Step 3. Choose “Install from USB” option in the recovery screen, tap OK to confirm. Maybe something like a screen with “You are in sideload mode” will be displayed.

Step 4. Connect your device to PC using a USB cable. Now open adb.exe from ADB folder & enter below command
or Windows: “adb sideload <filename>
For Mac/Linux: “./adb sideload <filename>

If you don't trust my words read guides like The complete Android flashing guide: how to flash custom ROMs, OTA zips and factory images

-------------

Download and install Minimal ADB and Fastboot

1. Click here to download minimal_adb_fastboot_v1.3.1_setup.exe from the XDA forums. Note: the version number could be different if a newer version is released after this post has been published.
  2. Launch the minimal_adb_fastboot_v1.3.1_setup.exe file.
Edited by Togijak