Windows 10 Insider build 14894 appears, could be the start of Redstone 2 for PC and Mobile

tomm

IMG_1197-320x165.jpg

Microsoft has already begun wrapping up the first major revision to its Windows 10 operating system, known internally as Redstone 1 and externally as the Anniversary Update. It releases to the public on August 2nd, after just over 1 year of development time, bringing changes ranging from Cortana improvements, improved performance, Microsoft Edge extensions and much more.

It appears that Microsoft has already begun the work on its next major revision, known only as Redstone 2. This next milestone is set to be focused on Windows 10 Mobile, to arrive publicly to the masses in 2017, around the supposed launch of the rumoured “Surface Phone”. Nothing is concrete as yet, though.

BuildFeed, which tracks internal builds, has brought up the build 14894. The current Redstone 1 build is 14393, with a revision of .5, and the company seems set on releasing this to the public, making 14894 the next major build after Redstone 1 is released. There are no details surrounding the build, although, it is likely that Microsoft is just laying the groundwork to begin getting things ready to roll out to Insiders later this year. Some have already begun to speculate that we could see the next major build around mid-August.

14894 was compiled for both PC and Mobile on July 27th. With it being such a large leap from 14393, it could already include new features and/or major changes.

We’ll keep an eye on the latest builds and let you know of any further developments.

Source

• Replies 2
  • Views 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You mean they still people who work at  Windows 10 Mobile ? lol

Microsoft is cutting an additional 2,850 jobs on top of 1,850 announced in May 2016, meaning it has laid off over 10 percent of its workforce in the last two years. Most are ex-Nokia employees from its mobile hardware division, it said in its annual SEC filing. That means Microsoft has almost nothing left of its $7.2 billion Nokia acquisition, originally intended to make it a smartphone hardware player. The software giant has already notified 900 of the employees and will complete the remaining layoffs by mid-2017.

Microsoft's mobile phone plans are a big question mark, as sales are in a free fall. The only ray of hope for Windows Phone fans (if there are any left) is that Microsoft hinted last year that it needs to make a mobile device as good as the Surface line. A "Surface Phone," however, is still nothing more than a rumor and if it does come along, would likely be aimed at Microsoft's core business market and not consumers. With layoffs now totaling 12,100 in two years, however, Microsoft seems to want nothing to do with building smartphones.

https://www.engadget.com/2016/07/29/microsoft-is-laying-off-2-850-more-workers/

2 hours ago, steven36 said:

You mean they still people who work at  Windows 10 Mobile ? lol

Have you tried to find a Windows mobile phone?  You would have better luck looking for diamonds in the Golden Gate Rec Area.  At least someone may have lost one there.  Neither of the phone stores I have visited this year even have one and don't support it.  I haven't seen a Nokia phone in so many years I forgot they even existed.  As far as making it like the Surface goes, they should save their money.  The Surface may be fine for people who really don't need a computer but when I tested one in my vehicle it didn't hold up. Good news is that it was provided by Microsoft for the purpose of testing so when it broke after two days it didn't cost us anything. (I have three computers mounted in my truck, all Dells.)

Archived