Pink Floyd delves into their formative years with upcoming 27-disc box set

Batu69

Pink Floyd has gone way back and revisited work from its beginnings. The band announced today that it is releasing a massive 27-disc box set called The Early Years 1965-1972. The collection features early singles, unreleased music and video, previously unseen photos, and more, all from back when the group was making a name for itself.

When it comes to music, The Early Years 1965-1972 delivers. The collection includes 10 CDs, nine DVDs, and eight Blu-ray discs, which together contain more than 130 audio tracks. There are more than 20 unreleased songs, plus BBC Radio sessions, remixes, outtakes, and alternative versions. Pink Floyd also promises rare concert footage, interviews, feature films, and new sound mixes. Basically, serious fans will drool over this huge collection.

The box set comes as seven individual book-style volumes, and each holds material from the Pink Floyd archive, as well as recordings from radio and TV. In total, there are 14 hours of video, including restored footage, more than 100 photographs of the band, and 40-plus memorabilia items. The first five U.K. singles are included on 7-inch vinyl with replica sleeves.

Of the seven volumes, six are organized by year, while one comes as a bonus volume called Continu/ation. The first volume, Cambridge St/ation, covers the years  1965-1967, while the remaining five year-specific volumes feature a single year each: Germin/ation (1968), Dramatis/ation (1969), Devi/ation (1970), Reverber/ation (1971), and Ofusc/ation (1972).

The collection’s release will coincide with that of a companion edition called Cre/ation — The Early Years 1965-1972. Much smaller, the 2-CD collection will include only some of the box set’s highlights. It won’t be nearly as comprehensive, but on the plus side, it will be much less expensive.

Both collections offer a look at how the band grew over its early years, showing off the talent of Syd Barrett, Nick Mason, Roger Waters, Richard Wright, and David Gilmour. The Early Years 1965-1972 and Cre/ation are due out on November 11.

Article source

• Replies 5
  • Views 937
  • Created
  • Last Reply

27 cd set for 700 dollars...two things come to mind.... 1.. most people do not buy cd's they buy digital format...and the cost @700 dollars...just an open invitation to pirates... i cannot remember the last time i used a cd to listen to music....and at 700 dollars plus tax  come on man.... really... you actually think people will line up to buy at that price point

freeforever03

I love Pink Floyd's music. It's too bad that this new release is so expensive (way out of my price range for music).

13 minutes ago, freeforever03 said:

I love Pink Floyd's music. It's too bad that this new release is so expensive

True fan don't care about price :)  :rockon:

19 minutes ago, Batu69 said:

True fan don't care about price :)  :rockon:

allrighty then...it's my birthday comin up.... you can buy it for me:D

2 minutes ago, dMog said:

it's my birthday comin up.... you can buy it for me

14 hours ago, dMog said:

just an open invitation to pirates... i cannot remember the last time i used a cd to listen to music

Suitable for you for birthday gift :lmao: 

Archived