Here's the Best Way to Erase a Hard Drive

Batu69

z29s5qenxioqw27qdkzb.gif

The Department of Defense standards are for chumps. With the Molten Copper Overwrite™ even an incomplete destruction of the hard disk will result in an unusable metal puck with no clear way to access the scorched ones and zeros within. Best of all it works on HDDs, SSDs, CDs, magnetic tape, people, and portable drives—and it’s cross-platform. Try and read my One Piece slashfic now, NSA!

Molten Copper vs Hard Drive

Article source

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mr Robot knows best :D

I have been using copper to destroy hard drives for about 25 years.  Copper jacketed bullets that is.  Hard drives (and SSDs) make excellent targets on the range and one round out of a .50 Cal Barrett causes the drive to actually disintigrate.  Using smaller caliber bullets requires more shots but the 'targets' last a little longer. 

Are we talking about erasing or destroying ...............?:rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Pete 12 said:

Are we talking about erasing or destroying ...............?:rolleyes:

TK4danh.gif I think destroying includes a form of erasing (no way to restore data)

HSM_1.jpg

OK, this way you can still use your HDDs, after erasing.

I have some ( very) old Maxtor HDDs, about 15 years old, still working fine, only for data-backup..........:D

Whoopenstein

Geez - why not just open the case - remove the disk and gouge/torch it? Also - what kinda crap would be on there in the first place to be that paranoid? Maybe you deserve to be busted. This is beyond the average person that doesn't want their finance/id info stolen.

Archived