Combofix!!!!

Holmes

I am asking whoever I need to ask if we can add combofix to security software page?  I have used combofix alot and it works very good I think it should be added to the front page downloads here is the link:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/combofix/

The Author of the software is sUBs his website that has information about security and provides combofix to download to is:

http://www.combofix.org

I hope we can add this to the downloads section.  I hope I posted this in the right place.

• Replies 12
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are some security programs that are not compatible with windows ten yet.  The operating system compatibility issues dont ruin its chances on this website completely as there are many users on this website that have and use windows xp seven and eight and this can benefit them.

I agree to disagree if I did agree the site would be www.bleepingcomputer.com this site can host such programs to Im trying to inform users of this forum of this very good program and thats what Im doing.  There is nothing wrong with posting the download and the site on these forums.

44 minutes ago, Holmes said:

I agree to disagree if I did agree the site would be www.bleepingcomputer.com this site can host such programs to Im trying to inform users of this forum of this very good program and thats what Im doing.  There is nothing wrong with posting the download and the site on these forums.

Informing them and pointing them to an 'official' download site is one thing, but 'hosting' it is totally different.  For years I have been telling everyone you only get security software from the official site supported by the developer and I stick by that advice.  In many cases this has been bleepingcomputer.  There is also the problem that combofix is updated frequently and you need the latest version which is always available from them.  While your intentions may be good there are some things that are better left to the forums where they are and have been actively supported as the 'official' download site. 

Thats why I posted the link to bleepingcomputer where you can download combofix.  Posting combofix is no different then posting zemana antimalware or malwarebytes difference being a company made zemana individuals made combofix the official site is combofix.org.  Its good for windows xp and windows seven and windows eight and on combofix.org it explains how you can run it on windows eight point one and windows ten (its not proven whether it works or not without crashing one can always run it in a vm I plan on running it in a VM with windows ten to test it out.

• Administrator

Thanks for the suggestion. We will look into it.

However, there are reports that the site mentioned above is not the official site and it contains malware on the site. Again, I'm talking about the so called official site here. We need some official confirmation on this. Using an host as official link is fine, but only if the official site is not available.

However, another issue is that it needs to work on the lastest OSes. Until then, I doubt we can add it to FP.

It says at the bottom of combofix.org SiteCheck Malware Free.  I thought they used to have combofix.org on the download page of combofix on bleeping computer I dont see it there now Im confusing combofix with OTL OldTimer Listit.

Archived