My updated security...

Realtime

Comodo Internet Security 5.10

Emsisoft Mamutu

Winpatrol Plus

Keyscrambler Premium

Hostsman (custom list)

Opendns and DnsCrypt

K9 Web Protection (malware,suspicious,phishing ticked)

On Demand

Sandboxie

Toolwiz TimeFreeze

VirtualBox

Anonymity

SecurityKISS VPN

Ultrasurf

anonymoX (firefox addon)

Cocoon (firefox addon)

Browser Security

SRWare Iron (main browser)

WOT

Adblock

TrafficLight

• Replies 959
  • Views 333.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Latest setup. I'm happy with it :)

Realtime

OpenDNSCrypt

Sysrestore

Online Armor Premium FW

Webroot Secure Anywhere

Sandboxie

Win Patrol

AdMuncher

Avant, Firefox addons - Ghostery, AnonymoX

When Needed

Shadow Defender

VmWare

Shadow Protect, IFW, Farstone Total Recovery

MBAM, SAS, HMP, etc etc

Mullvad VPN

maheshsenadheera

Realtime

eset smart security

zemana antilogger

Advance system care with (disable antivirus)

usb disk security

:wub:

• 5 weeks later...
Removed Applocker,SUA&WFC.Added Shadow Defender.System feels even lighter than the one when i used Windows 7 built in security.

norton internet securiy 2012

anti-malware

Posted Image

this would be better to choose

Naevius USB Antivirus 2.1

you could download it in the link below

snip!

jalaffa Edit:

You need to come up with a better link. An official one for a start. A link with a password not working will not do.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello :)

My first post in my field of area, I see it will be wide explained, I am helper at one of the ASAP forums...

What's my security setup?

Just to say it, I don't need it, I haven't catched a virus for 3 years, only ones I manually activated :)

But for safety reasons I use it :)

My security setup is:

Kaspersky Antivirus 2012 - 2013 is about to be released - in my opinion the best protection the world has, it is Russian's at all :)

MBAM Pro - excellent anti spyware/malicious sites protection

MCShield - I see you are using some kind of Panda, USB antivirus and it makes me crying and laughing at the.same time

That software isn't a little finger for MCShield (of course a don't advertize it here)

I tested every possible USB security against MCShield and nothing could match it, it catched every possible piece of malware. It is too strong even outdated because of world class heuristics

You have it on Softpedia, test it, and post the results here, you'll be amazed with output :)

It catched even Stuxnet in early stage of it's reveal with no definitions implemented :D

MAXS are you talking about this? http://amf.mycity.rs...ield/index.html

Thanks for the info.

yeah that`s the one. he said it is on softpedia too so here`s the link:

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Antivirus/MCShield.shtml

my config:

rollback rx

defensewall

process hacker

on demand:

wondershare time freeze

hitman pro

MAXS are you talking about this? http://amf.mycity.rs...ield/index.html

Thanks for the info.

Yeah, that one, I didn't want to advertise it, because there are some sites which restrict advertising other products...

It was created by dr_Bora and bobby(who made Malzilla - you may heard about this tool), who were my instructors at malware removal...and they are experienced malware removers, in my opinion geniuses...

Me and others members of MyCity forum were testing this in beta phase...

This is really best USB protection tool, I tested it multiple times vs. other products of this kind, which I already said...

You can read all about it on official site...

My new setup:

Malware Defender (custom rules...thanks demoneye)

Sandboxie (for starting pretty much EVERYTHING into sandbox)

Iobit 360 (on demand)

MBAM (on demand)

Router

Host files changed

Random custom tweaks to my liking. haha

Malware defender is not rouge software??

My new setup:

Malware Defender (custom rules...thanks demoneye)

Sandboxie (for starting pretty much EVERYTHING into sandbox)

Iobit 360 (on demand)

MBAM (on demand)

Router

Host files changed

Random custom tweaks to my liking. haha

Malware defender is not rouge software??

This is a legitimate one.You can see a lot of Wilders security forum members have it in their security setup.

Official Website link:

http://labs.360.cn/m...nder/index.html

• 1 month later...

Private Firewall - Really liking it so far B) Dumped Online Armor because new version caused me loads of problems.

Emsisoft Antimalware

Exploit Shield beta - Protects me when not using Sandboxie

Sandboxie

Ad-Muncher

Steven Burnish

Hello everyone

Im new here and a newbie related to comps too....

I got myself a new Dell Inspiron

It is Windows 7 64bit, has i5 and 8 gb ram. Can someone recommend me the software i should install to protect myself!! Im using Kingsoft Antivirus 2012 atm. Can anyone recommend me a folder guard too!

Thanks in advance

Cheers

• Administrator

Hello everyone

It is Windows 7 64bit, has i5 and 8 gb ram. Can someone recommend me the software i should install to protect myself!! Im using Kingsoft Antivirus 2012 atm. Can anyone recommend me a folder guard too!

Thanks in advance

Cheers

You can try either of ESET, Kaspersky, Norton or Avast. To start with Avast can look good if you want a free one. Kaspersky and Norton are very powerful and secure. ESET feels very light and easy to use. Again, just use one of these.

In addition to AV, you might need a firewall, something like Comodo Firewall is great. But if you are using a Security suite of the above, which they have firewall build-in, then you don't need a dedicated firewall.

As for folders guarding, unfortunately, you can trust no one, cause if anyone fails or you forget the password, you loose everything. However, Folder Lock is a known good product.

Either way, all the softwares I've mentioned above, have fixes posted here on forums or nsane.down (with exceptions to Avast Free AV and Comodo Firewall which is free too), just search for them. ;)

Hello everyone

Thanks in advance

Cheers

you can try comodo internet security which is free i'm using the version 6 beta :)

Posted Image

Steven Burnish

Thank you DKT27 and House_maniac for the replies!

How good is Kaspersky Antivirus 2013? Is fixes available for it?? The Kingsoft Antivirus 2012 free im using is very light. Perhaps ill get ESET NOD32 Antivirus 5.2.9.1 from nsane.down

I used folder lock but did a mistake while firewalling it. I got blacklisted and nearly screwed my important documents!! Perhaps I should clean the registry and give a second crack at it!

I use firefox. Can you also recommend me the addons that black the adds and pop ups!

Comodo Internet Security Complete+Kingsoft Free AV 2012+Panda Url Filtering :)

Scan: Hitman Pro+MBAM

• Administrator

Thank you DKT27 and House_maniac for the replies!

How good is Kaspersky Antivirus 2013? Is fixes available for it?? The Kingsoft Antivirus 2012 free im using is very light. Perhaps ill get ESET NOD32 Antivirus 5.2.9.1 from nsane.down

I used folder lock but did a mistake while firewalling it. I got blacklisted and nearly screwed my important documents!! Perhaps I should clean the registry and give a second crack at it!

I use firefox. Can you also recommend me the addons that black the adds and pop ups!

I haven't tried Kaspersky 2013. But I left unhappy with 2012, particularly for it's performance. However, it's still great and one of the most powerful AV out there. You can find Kaspersky fixes topic here. Kaspersky is also listed on nsane.down. ;)

ESET is light and good. I don't like it's HIPS though, setting the HIPS to automatic probably causes CPU spike. Otherwise very good if you keep yourself away from bad sites and clicking wrong links.

Yea, Folder Lock's protection is very very bad. It also keeps a service running in background, monitoring and isolating other services from touching Folder Lock files. You can try uninstalling it with Revo Uninstaller Pro and see.

As for Adblocking, Adblock+ is the best. It also blocks some popups. If you want to block even more popups, you might wanna try Adblock Plus Pop-up Addon (not tried it).

In addition to AB+, you can try other security addons like, Ghostery, HTTPS Everywhere, Lastpass, WOT, etc. ;)

Archived