elohelomg

3 hours ago, k2a said:

Hi  dcs18

please tell me why use Adguard, Eset

I've used most of the ad. blockers and have now settled for AdGuard after a lot (more than a year) of convincing from Undertaker — and, it has been worth every bit.

For me, AdGuard has the capability to block domains and IPs, as well and also able to get around ARP spoofing and cache poisoning . . . meaning — it is more effective than even (most) firewalls and therefore can prevent Internet Download Manager (IDM) from calling home.

Moreover, AdGuard blocks programs & apps. (apart from all browsers) — this saves a lot of my time & effort since the same (Windows) rules are then redesigned to work on my Android AdGuard, as well.

The blocking of AdGuard is most certainly quicker and earlier than other ad. blockers. AdGuard also ships with Parental Control whereby SysAdmins can password-protect the program in order to prevent Clients from making any sort of changes.

Apart from the above major reasons, there are many other little features which make it the leading ad. blocker, for example — it actually displaced 4-5 add-ons, for me.

As far as ESET is concerned, I started using it many years ago as a beta-tester (largely due to its lighter footprint) — however, it has lost relevance (for me) and the only purpose it serves on my own system is as a re-deployment to Clients.

3 hours ago, k2a said:

please tell me how to block win 10 analitics in WFC

thanks

The best way to block analytics & telemetry on Windows 10 (and on any other Microsoft OS) is to use Windows Firewall Control (WFC) to block all apps. & programs by default and then allow only those select few apps. & programs that truly cannot function without net connectivity.

One does not need to use any special app. or program to block analytics & telemetry — any firewall would serve the purpose.

We had a tutorial about this unique Windows Firewall Control (WFC) configuration — unfortunately, it was deleted.

• Replies 959
  • Views 331.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/3/2018 at 1:56 PM, dcs18 said:

I've used most of the ad. blockers and have now settled for AdGuard after a lot (more than a year) of convincing from Undertaker — and, it has been worth every bit.

For me, AdGuard has the capability to block domains and IPs, as well and also able to get around ARP spoofing and cache poisoning . . . meaning — it is more effective than even (most) firewalls and therefore can prevent Internet Download Manager (IDM) from calling home.

Moreover, AdGuard blocks programs & apps. (apart from all browsers) — this saves a lot of my time & effort since the same (Windows) rules are then redesigned to work on my Android AdGuard, as well.

The blocking of AdGuard is most certainly quicker and earlier than other ad. blockers. AdGuard also ships with Parental Control whereby SysAdmins can password-protect the program in order to prevent Clients from making any sort of changes.

Apart from the above major reasons, there are many other little features which make it the leading ad. blocker, for example — it actually displaced 4-5 add-ons, for me.

As far as ESET is concerned, I started using it many years ago as a beta-tester (largely due to its lighter footprint) — however, it has lost relevance (for me) and the only purpose it serves on my own system is as a re-deployment to Clients.

The best way to block analytics & telemetry on Windows 10 (and on any other Microsoft OS) is to use Windows Firewall Control (WFC) to block all apps. & programs by default and then allow only those select few apps. & programs that truly cannot function without net connectivity.

One does not need to use any special app. or program to block analytics & telemetry — any firewall would serve the purpose.

We had a tutorial about this unique Windows Firewall Control (WFC) configuration — unfortunately, it was deleted.

thanks a lot :)

I try adguard now - which is better adguard browser addon or adguard userscript?

If You have enough time, please let me know what is necessary to allow in firewall for win 10 working fine.

2 hours ago, k2a said:

I try adguard now - which is better adguard browser addon or adguard userscript?

I suppose you meant AdGuard program and not AdGuard UserScripts.

According to Undertaker, the AdGuard add-on (for Firefox) is better — according to me the AdGuard program is better.

You might want to try both of the above to find out what suits you better.

2 hours ago, k2a said:

If You have enough time, please let me know what is necessary to allow in firewall for win 10 working fine.

I use Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 — it doesn't matter though (I'll put together something for you, once I get some time.)

11 hours ago, dcs18 said:

I suppose you meant AdGuard program and not AdGuard UserScripts.

According to Undertaker, the AdGuard add-on (for Firefox) is better — according to me the AdGuard program is better.

You might want to try both of the above to find out what suits you better.

for browser integration are two method

1. adguard - settings - extensions - 3 adguard userscripts

2. browser addon

Are You use extensions?

11 hours ago, dcs18 said:

I use Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 — it doesn't matter though (I'll put together something for you, once I get some time.)

Thank You very much.

15 hours ago, k2a said:
On 3/3/2018 at 6:26 PM, dcs18 said:

The Windows Firewall Control (WFC) tutorial has been made live just for you — in the passage of the last two and a half years however, my present implementation has seen some more enhancements (shall be glad to share those improvements whenever I get the time.) ^_^

On 3/5/2018 at 1:19 AM, dcs18 said:

Not better per say.

But generally, how we wanted it. dcs liked the way program did it for him, I preferred the addon for that purpose while using the program as cover-up.

But the latest extension version seem to have killed off my method, I'm trying for options.

Just now, Undertaker said:

But the latest extension version seem to have killed off my method, I'm trying for options.

I've grown to hate myself for having this uncanny knack of emerging as THE winner.

tx38TOr.gif

for me norton security premium work fine for me :lol:

but previously Emsisoft Anti-Malware this is a very good software to keep in mind :ph34r:

what do you think of  Multi-Account Containers? - privacy, security reason

I would like to separate google, facebook, and other browsing stuffs

solutions:

- different browser

- firefox, and firefox portable

- Multi-Account Containers addon

- maybe sandbox

On 2/22/2018 at 6:48 AM, dcs18 said:

Present Security Setup (in alphabetical order):—

• AdGuard
  • ESET NOD32
  • Firefox ESR (in 99% locked-down mode)
  • Process Lasso Pro
  • RoboForm Pro
  • MailWasher Pro
  • Self-Destructing Cookies
  • Simple DNSCrypt
  • Windows Firewall Control (WFC)

please tell me

can I block ads in spotify with adguard?

with host works fine

but with adguard don't work for me

- enable ad blocking

- add spotify adfree filter

- spotify in filtered apps checked

- network settings - automatically filtered aplication trafic - checked

16 minutes ago, k2a said:

please tell me

can I block ads in spotify with adguard?

I do not use Spotify but I'll just add 2 cents.

16 minutes ago, k2a said:

but with adguard don't work for me

- spotify in filtered apps checked

Just check whether you've added both the following Spotify executables:—

• Spotify.exe
  • SpotifyLauncher.exe

(Right-click the AdGuard icon in your SysTray Notification Area) >> Exit AdGuard >> No >> (launch) AdGuard. yXZVmpE.gif

41 minutes ago, dcs18 said:

I do not use Spotify but I'll just add 2 cents.

Just check whether you've added both the following Spotify executables:—

• Spotify.exe
  • SpotifyLauncher.exe

(Right-click the AdGuard icon in your SysTray Notification Area) >> Exit AdGuard >> No >> (launch) AdGuard. yXZVmpE.gif

dont work :(

- I try reinstall without medicine

There are a few things you need to double check:-

- Https filtering is enabled and working.

-Try switching b/w drivers(TDI and WFP) and restart system.

-Make sure the filter list is supported.

-Try manually adding the hosts rule(after modification) and not as an import list and check if it works.

-Mention the filter list you are using for spotify, or better, provide the link to it.

-If your app is installed in a custom location, browse it manually to filter apps.

If nothing else works, you could try blocking the following IP ranges with your firewall:—

2.16.4.0-2.16.4.255
23.235.43.0-23.235.43.255
74.125.0.0-74.125.255.255
74.125.136.0-74.125.136.255
173.194.0.0-173.194.255.255
173.194.65.0-173.194.65.255
194.68.165.0-194.68.165.255
216.58.192.0-216.58.223.255

1 hour ago, Undertaker said:

There are a few things you need to double check:-

- Https filtering is enabled and working.

-Try switching b/w drivers(TDI and WFP) and restart system.

-Make sure the filter list is supported.

-Try manually adding the hosts rule(after modification) and not as an import list and check if it works.

-Mention the filter list you are using for spotify, or better, provide the link to it.

-If your app is installed in a custom location, browse it manually to filter apps.

the filter list not supported, no problem host file solution works :)

thanks again

6 hours ago, k2a said:

the filter list not supported, no problem host file solution works :)

thanks again

Importing Hosts files directly into AdGuard is not supported atm but will be supported in future version possibly in v6.3 where they'll convert it into AG syntax before importing.

In the meantime, you can manually configure the list, just have to remove the 127.0.0.1<space>, easy to do in notepad++

Hosts is never the preferred mode.

Some programs have the capability to reset the hosts file — when that happens, the entries added for all the apps. and programs get deleted.

On 13/03/2018 at 7:44 AM, dcs18 said:

Some programs have the capability to reset the hosts file — when that happens, the entries added for all the apps. and programs get deleted.

witch apps?

what do you think of vpn?

9 hours ago, k2a said:
On 3/13/2018 at 12:14 PM, dcs18 said:

witch apps?

To cite just a couple of examples — Yamicsoft Windows Manager and TuneUp Utilities.

9 hours ago, k2a said:

what do you think of vpn?

VPNs form an extra layer of essential security — unfortunately, have no personal experience.

This is my security setup with Windows 7

Adguard

HitmanPro

Norton Internet Security

Microsoft Antivirus (Security Essentials)

Archived