BitDefender Internet Security 2013

Hitman Pro

and common sense

CreativeThinking

AVG Internet Security Business edition 2013

USB Disk Security.

COMODO Dragon with Adblock Plus. byebye.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Win8 and kaspersky pure 3 (still beta but 2 doesn't work on win8), pure is a bit overkill for me too, I should have stuck with kis but it was cheaper to extend my license to pure than kis for some strange reason. And nsanedown of course for trying out software, instead hunting down torrents or other warez sites.

stopped using Antivirus software about 6/7 years ago roughly

always behind a router with the windows firewall enabled and lately started using WFC.

I don't mean to brag but i am an advanced computer user and my machine is Fort Nox.

I am the best defense and my experience is huge. I tend to identify new malware and tell OTHER people (not the other way around)

today for example i founs Trojans posted in a few CCleaner Pro torrents posted at KAT.ph

and no i didn't get infected by them i was checking up on what people were doing ;)

Sandboxie with a no delete plugin was key in helping find the trojan.

Basiclly i run a tight ship and maintain control over everything conceivable and strip down things on the OS.

I monitor stuff closely 24/7

I ran my own computer repair busines for almost a decade and did work for private and corp users all the way up to CAN govt. machines

So that means it was my JOB to remove malware from random people for 10 years.. that creates a lot of experience lol

There is nothing on earth that can compete with a human at security. I've also seen them ALL fail miserably at basic detection.. non are perfect .. far from it actually.

So not only have i had PC repair experience but i am a cracker and a coder so i will take someone program and rape it as i see fit :)

Software that runs on my computer is mine to control and if i want to load em upin IDA or a OllyDBG etc and disect it i will

i have OllyDBG among other things in my "send to" menu.

Some times i use virustotal or similar though, but it only ever confirms what i see with my own eyes.

People may think i'm crazy but they can also thank me for catching a fair amount of fakes and malware ;)

such as i did today.. http://kat.ph/community/show/51429/?page=2

Still on 32 bit, so I'm using Defensewall and nothing else.

Want to try imaging to avoid formatting after testing software, but I only have one HDD so I'll probably try Rollback Rx instead to save disk space. Probably after backing up the MBR, just in case...

stopped using Antivirus software about 6/7 years ago roughly

always behind a router with the windows firewall enabled and lately started using WFC.

I don't mean to brag but i am an advanced computer user and my machine is Fort Nox.

I am the best defense and my experience is huge. I tend to identify new malware and tell OTHER people (not the other way around)

today for example i founs Trojans posted in a few CCleaner Pro torrents posted at KAT.ph

and no i didn't get infected by them i was checking up on what people were doing ;)

Sandboxie with a no delete plugin was key in helping find the trojan.

Basiclly i run a tight ship and maintain control over everything conceivable and strip down things on the OS.

I monitor stuff closely 24/7

I ran my own computer repair busines for almost a decade and did work for private and corp users all the way up to CAN govt. machines

So that means it was my JOB to remove malware from random people for 10 years.. that creates a lot of experience lol

There is nothing on earth that can compete with a human at security. I've also seen them ALL fail miserably at basic detection.. non are perfect .. far from it actually.

So not only have i had PC repair experience but i am a cracker and a coder so i will take someone program and rape it as i see fit :)

Software that runs on my computer is mine to control and if i want to load em upin IDA or a OllyDBG etc and disect it i will

i have OllyDBG among other things in my "send to" menu.

Some times i use virustotal or similar though, but it only ever confirms what i see with my own eyes.

People may think i'm crazy but they can also thank me for catching a fair amount of fakes and malware ;)

such as i did today.. http://kat.ph/community/show/51429/?page=2

Yep , you're crazy ;) :lol:

Currently on Emsisoft Anti-Malware and Comodo Firewall 6 and praying that it doesn't slow down my internet speed. I've been jumping AVs over the past few days.

recently started using Windows Firewall Control rather than a full firewall program.

worth checking out if people want something to block outgoing connections but don't want a bloated app..

• 2 weeks later...

Currently use ESET NOD32 as antivirus, Privatefirewall as firewall, noscript for Firefox, and only lend it to people that I trust. ^_^

Recent addition to my security....a large mote around my house with these in them...

scary-creature-pulled-from-new-jersey-ri

I'm currently using Emsisoft Internet Security on Windows 8 x64 Pro. I've also have these features disabled:

UAC - Disabled

Windows Defender - Disabled

This suite isn't bogging down my laptop's responsiveness nor isn't it capping my Internet speed.

hallucinojerk

I am currently using MBAM as my Real-Time Protection and Windows Firewall Control. I disabled Sandboxie because it's not performing the way I want it to be with my Firefox and IDM.

Can anybody suggest a better protection that won't slow down my system?

insanedown58

I am currently using MBAM as my Real-Time Protection and Windows Firewall Control. I disabled Sandboxie because it's not performing the way I want it to be with my Firefox and IDM.

Can anybody suggest a better protection that won't slow down my system?

Comodo Internet Security

Eset Smart Security

Emsisoft Internet Security Pack

Combos:

Eset Nod32 AV with Comodo Firewall

Emsisoft Anti-Malware (Full) with Comodo Firewall

avast! 8 Internet Security B)

Windows Firewall - OFF

UAC - OFF

Windows Defender - OFF

that "avast! 8 Internet Security" sounds like a suite (Firewall + AV)

If that is the case are you running two firewalls ? might be worth double checking that ;) ..waste of resources lol

I noticed a guy comment about Sandboxie too

I said i used it earlier but only under one circumstance.. to screw with software / identify malware.

I do NOT run my browser through a sandbox. And i also have a shortcut made to a script to kill it when i'm done (kills service + tray app)

I have the most tray icons running now a days, normally i would kill as much as possible but if you end up screwing with something enough

you gotta reasses what you want loaded up. i guess i'm getting more into performance that security now lol

important point though.. if the Cost of security is too high then its not worth it for me.

I think AV software has little value. they are inherently limited in what they can ever hope to achieve and a gateway to a false sense of security lol

People, please help! Where I can get a virus, to test the AV-s. I am 24/7 online, but cannot find - and so already for more than 10 consecutive years.

And so then - don't have any such useless program installed. Just don't understand why they are needed. Only to slow down PC or someone needs my money. I haven't met any virus never, only some useless applications and much ads (adware, malware). But these aren't viruses.

And I am already so old that even condoms are not needed.

avast! 8 Internet Security B)

Windows Firewall - OFF

UAC - OFF

Windows Defender - OFF

that "avast! 8 Internet Security" sounds like a suite (Firewall + AV)

If that is the case are you running two firewalls ? might be worth double checking that ;) ..waste of resources lol

I noticed a guy comment about Sandboxie too

I said i used it earlier but only under one circumstance.. to screw with software / identify malware.

I do NOT run my browser through a sandbox. And i also have a shortcut made to a script to kill it when i'm done (kills service + tray app)

I have the most tray icons running now a days, normally i would kill as much as possible but if you end up screwing with something enough

you gotta reasses what you want loaded up. i guess i'm getting more into performance that security now lol

important point though.. if the Cost of security is too high then its not worth it for me.

I think AV software has little value. they are inherently limited in what they can ever hope to achieve and a gateway to a false sense of security lol

Yes it is suite. AV with Firewall ( Avast has licensed integrated "Outpost Firewall Technology" that's what they call it :lol: )

I'm not running 2 firewalls. Windows firewall is OFF . Only avast. B)

Cheers ;) :cheers:

Bkav internet security 2012 B) & Portable Avira IS

Windows 8 Enterprires x64

Firewall - OFF

UAC - OFF

Windows Defender - OFF

Archived