vissha

More Users Go Back to Windows 7 Despite Aggressive Windows 10 Upgrades

more-users-go-back-to-windows-7-despite-

Stats show that Windows 7 is recovering these days

Windows 10 is indeed growing and this kind of makes sense, especially because Microsoft is pushing so hard for everyone to make the switch to the new operating system.

Furthermore, with the free upgrade offer aimed at Windows 7 and 8.1 users ending in less than 30 days, you would expect Windows 10 to experience significant adoption boosts these days.

And it does, but the only problem for Windows 10 is that Windows 7 shows signs of recovery too, with the operating system launched in 2009 reaching 49 percent market share once again and heading towards the 50 percent threshold.

Windows 7 still the king

Data offered by third-party market researcher Net Applications puts Windows 7 on the leading spot in the top desktop operating systems chart for June 2016 with a share of 49.05 percent, while Windows 10 is the runner-up with 19.14 percent. Windows 10 has thus posted an important growth last month, jumping from 17.43 percent to 19.14 percent in just one month.

Windows 7 improved its share too, growing from 48.57 percent in May to 49.05 percent in June. This is the second increase in a row for Windows 7, after the operating system dropped from more than 57 percent back in July 2015 when Windows 10 was officially unveiled.

Believe it or not, but Windows XP continues to be the third most-used desktop operating system with a share of 9.78 percent, down from 10.09 percent the month before. This is the first time when Windows XP drops below the 10 percent threshold, but it’s very clear that the 15-year-old operating system is only declining at a terribly slow pace.

Windows continues to have no competition on the desktop, as Mac OS X 10.11 is far behind with just 4.93 percent market share, while Linux has just 2.02 percent. Certainly, Windows 10 will continue to improve in the coming months, but it’ll be interesting to see how Windows 7 performs after the end of the free upgrade promo.

Source

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't go wrong with 7  Enterprise. No nags either haha.

PS. Most businesses are still using 7 because of the costs to upgrade every machine just is not worth it yet.

straycat19
5 minutes ago, sam3971 said:

Can't go wrong with 7  Enterprise. No nags either haha.

PS. Most businesses are still using 7 because of the costs to upgrade every machine just is not worth it yet.

Not just businesses but individuals also and the fact that all the new systems I bought in the month of June were ordered and shipped with Windows 7 on them since they have to make it available as an option until later this year (October, I believe, is the end date).  All the new laptops I bought for my home were also shipped with Windows 7 on them.  I really don't care what Microsoft does or doesn't do or support since I don't install their crappy updates any more any way and secure my systems my way so I am responsible and I don't get sucked in to trusting a Microsoft anymore that can't write a decent update.

SnakeMasteR

Only Steam users like it. Seeing what games arrive there from Greenlight, i don't even wonder. Steam users are some of the worst on the internet.

5 minutes ago, n0_risk! said:

Only Steam users like it. Seeing what games arrive there from Greenlight, i don't even wonder. Steam users are some of the worst on the internet.

:lol: So true !

TheMountain
2 hours ago, n0_risk! said:

Posted below is the evidence. :lol:

vissha,
   Thanks 4 the heads up Info:D

--------------------------------------------------------------------

{I really don't care what Microsoft does or doesn't do or support since I don't install their crappy updates any more any way and secure my systems my way so I am responsible and I don't get sucked in to trusting a Microsoft anymore that can't write a decent update.}

straycat19,

Amen brother, right on, power to the people,
what he said. My Thoughts exactly.

Steam users are not the worst on the internet I am a steam user and I kknow alot of people that are also steam users some of my family are steam users dont hate the player hate the game.  I just recently went to microcenter and saw a new video card Im buying next it has directX twelve support same specs GDDRfive two hundred and fifty six bit four gig video memory.  Why blast video gamers when there just enjoying there systems.  I hate all the bullshit that is going on with windows ten and if you practice some patience and use some know-how (I recommend if you tweak windows ten to stop telemetry that any manual tweaks you document in case in the future the reason behind the tweaks gets removed by microsoft).  Man reading this thread is as bad as hearing the high school drama I heard from girls yesterday that work with my girlfriend its a fact high school doesnt end the location just moves.

1 hour ago, Holmes said:

I hate all the bullshit that is going on with windows ten.

You are not the only one who feels that way...;)

Archived