Windows 10 Sets New Personal Best, Windows 7 Drops to All-Time Low in June

tomm

Microsoft says that Windows 10 is currently running on more than 350 million devices in the world, and this makes it the most successful Windows ever, and now market share data confirms that adoption of the new operating system is advancing quite fast.

Stat_Counter_os_ww_monthly_200807_201606

StatCounter data for the month of June shows that Windows 10 continues to be the second most-used desktop operating system in the world, but its growth accelerated last month.

Windows 7 keeps leading the charts, but the only problem is that it’s quickly losing ground, especially because more users are moving to Windows 10 these days. Windows 7 now has a market share of 42 percent while Windows 10, the runner-up, has 21.9 percent.

Windows XP still holding steady

This means that Windows 10 now has more than half the market share of Windows 7, despite the fact that the operating system launched in 2009 was running on more than 60 percent of PCs in the world back in July 2015, when Windows 10 was officially released.

Mac OS X (now called macOS) is third with 9.92 percent while Windows 8.1 is also losing ground because of the free Windows 10 upgrade promo and is now at 8.68 percent. Windows XP continues to decline at an incredibly slow pace and is running on 6.5 percent of the PCs around the globe whereas Windows 8 is far behind with 3.52 percent.

All these figures show that the world is moving to new operating systems much faster than before, and the closer we get to July 29, when Microsoft ends the free upgrade offer, the more users decide to at least give Windows 10 a try. All users missing the offer and sticking with any other Windows version by July 29 will have to pay the full price for a Windows 10 license, which in the United States is $119.99 for the Home edition.

The Source

• Replies 6
  • Views 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a really wise choice to install Windows 10 before the deadline. because only a day later you have to pay more than 120$ for the pro version. there is all benefits in this offer, nothing wrong with it.

Windows 10 this, windows 10 that.....

In Internet -- W10, Forums -- W10 everywhere, in TV advertising it.... I magazines too.... I'M REALLY afraid to open my fridge or a tuna can...

@Up and no - it is not a wise choice to install a beta OS. Even after the "deadline" you will get it for free if you just want it.

TheMountain

Micro:shit: is forcing Windows 7, 8 & 8.1 users to upgrade. 

These positive Windows 10 articles are Micro:shit: propaganda bought with ad moolah. 

there is a hidden agenda i remember 6 to 8 years ago they were talking with the government and wanting more eyes more control of the internet and the public insight of terror and piracy Why does this OS need to be 14Gb of super compressed ESD format it would be closer to 30gb without ESD so what the F is in the OS to require that much data look at Linux the largest Distro isn't even this big with every option installed yet has way more features and capabilities except gaming Windows holds Gaming everything else is really wide open.

So many articles for an OS that doesn't look like one and people with minimal knowledge on computers should really stop giving bad advices to the rest.

The only thing you get after installing Windows 10 is to give MS all your personal data and a huge amount of errors in event log.

You can't even install updates successfully without messing with the registry.Permission issues,drivers issues,system crashes and much more.

So please STOP giving bad advices especially for things you don't even understand.

1 hour ago, haxzion said:

So many articles for an OS that doesn't look like one and people with minimal knowledge on computers should really stop giving bad advices to the rest.

The only thing you get after installing Windows 10 is to give MS all your personal data and a huge amount of errors in event log.

You can't even install updates successfully without messing with the registry.Permission issues,drivers issues,system crashes and much more.

So please STOP giving bad advices especially for things you don't even understand.

Too many for me too count it would be interesting to compare them with how many they were vs Windows 8x i know Windows 8 didn't   get that many . I got so use too too seing them its going seem kind of dead around here after July 29th  . I got my  3 free copies but me using them very much has been yet to be seen , i been on Linux mostly since Windows 10 came out. :)

Archived