Time Is Running Out: One Month Left to Upgrade to Windows 10 for Free

tomm

8-Start1.png

Microsoft is offering Windows 10 as a free upgrade for those on Windows 7 and 8.1, but this promo is coming to an end in less than 30 days, and the new operating system will only be available with a paid license beyond this date.

Windows 10 launched on July 29, 2015, and in order to support early adoption, Microsoft decided to offer it completely free to users who perform the upgrade in the first year of availability. This means that, once you upgrade to Windows 10 and you complete the product activation, the operating system remains entirely free during the entire supported lifetime of your device.

There are still users out there who believe that Windows is adware or just a trial, but that’s entirely wrong. Windows 10 is completely free, and this one-year upgrade window means that you had 12 months to perform the upgrade, and not that the operating system is free just for one year. So once you upgrade to Windows 10 at any moment before July 29, 2016, it remains completely free for your device.

300 million devices running Windows 10

Without a doubt, offering the upgrade free of charge was the main catalyst for the rapid growth of Windows 10, so the operating system is now powering more than 300 million devices, according to the company’s most recent statistics - new figures in this regard are expected to be provided in the coming weeks, though.

Furthermore, market share data shows that Windows 10 has already become the second most used desktop operating system in the world, overtaking Windows 7 and 8.1 and eating up the former’s market share. If the same growing trend is maintained, Windows 10 should become the leading desktop OS by this time the next year.

With all those being said, remember that you have less than 30 days to upgrade to Windows 10 and benefit from the free upgrade offer. If you still can’t decide whether Windows 10 is the right choice or not, it’s worth knowing that you can always upgrade and then downgrade to your current OS version with a built-in feature that lets you do that.

The Source

• Replies 9
  • Views 867
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, saeed_dc said:

And it will get even better with Redstone update 

Hopefully and eventually...:yes: 

17 minutes ago, pc71520 said:

Hopefully and eventually...:yes: 

Before Windows 10 I had to reinstall my Windows every 2 months for some third party crap causing trouble and interference with other things and the troubleshooting process would either take too long or wasn't available. but on Windows 10 I only reinstalled it once since last year it was released and that was just because of hardware changes

TheMountain

I'll still be able to get Windows 10 after the free update offer expires. 

And I won't have to look too far for Windows 10 activation help 

I think ,I know what you mean , coz Im using it myself also ,with no pain so far.

But ,take care, things might change ,especially activation, after the end of July............:rolleyes:

isYWdSP.jpg

Not me.......

TheMountain

Too damn bad if you don't like my signature.

I'm estatic my harsh & unflinching opinions are forcing people to think for themselves. 

Maybe you readily bow down, I sure as Hell won't follow suite. 

No problems with your signature man, only joking .......:D

Question remains ; whats going to happen with our medicins and other fixes , especially concerning activation after 29 July ? :rolleyes:

8 hours ago, Pete 12 said:

Question remains ; whats going to happen with our medicins and other fixes , especially concerning activation after 29 July ? :rolleyes:

My guess is that Microsoft won't chase or try to prevent "unofficial" Windows 10 installs very hard. Their focus now with the Apple/Google model is to make their $ from Windows Store sales and selling users' data anonymous telemetry, so the more installs, the better for them.

As for "unofficial" applications, that's anyone's guess.

Archived