Weird Link Behavior

straycat19

I contacted Jordan4X concerning this and he couldn't duplicate it but it is happening consistently for me on this site but not any other.  Normally I copy the entire link with the sharecode and then paste and backspace over the unneeded information in my browser to provide a good link.  Now  when I copy the sharecode it automatically puts all the download links in my jdownloader.  If I right click one of the downloads and select 'open in browser' it opens the page on nsane and not the download link.  I have tried this on a dozen other forums and none of them have this problem but it is consistent here.  I tried to upload screenshots but every time I try to upload one it says I can only upload 512kb, none of them are that large, the total of all three is only 430kb. So will have to do without them, at least for now.

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@straycat19

The upload problem I had here, too, so I just use Imgur. And the rest = make one more test without browser plugins and if this is OK turn on one plugin for the next test etc.

2 hours ago, Togijak said:

@straycat19

The upload problem I had here, too, so I just use Imgur. And the rest = make one more test without browser plugins and if this is OK turn on one plugin for the next test etc.

I have never had a problem uploading graphics before and I am using the same browser and plugins that I have always used.

• Administrator

Is your download manager the reason behind it.

Asking as recently, I saw this thread.

6 hours ago, DKT27 said:

Is your download manager the reason behind it.

Asking as recently, I saw this thread.

Yep, that be it.  But I still have a concern that once it is in jdownloader if you right click it and open in browser it doesn't go to the download but brings up the actual page on nsane and that is not normal behavior and one that doesn't happen on links from other sites.  Seems like that would mean that the nsane link might be transmitted as a referrer or in some other way which would make the use of sharecode obsolete.  Could be a problem with the plugin.  Security problem?

• Administrator
16 hours ago, straycat19 said:

Yep, that be it.  But I still have a concern that once it is in jdownloader if you right click it and open in browser it doesn't go to the download but brings up the actual page on nsane and that is not normal behavior and one that doesn't happen on links from other sites.  Seems like that would mean that the nsane link might be transmitted as a referrer or in some other way which would make the use of sharecode obsolete.  Could be a problem with the plugin.  Security problem?

Does it start downloading while showing the nsane page or shows just the page but does not download.

Should not be any security issue I think.

Archived