Google Chrome Is the Top Browser on Windows 10, Poll Shows

Batu69

Microsoft Edge is on the right path too, according to users

google-chrome-is-the-top-browser-on-wind

These are the poll results at the time of writing this article

Microsoft and Opera brag about the low power consumption of their browsers when running on a Windows 10 laptop or tablet, but when it comes to choosing the perfect browser on any device powered by Redmond’s new operating system, there are many more options.

And in a poll that we’ve recently conducted in the Microsoft Google+ community, we’ve asked users to vote their favorite browser in Windows 10, no matter if they’re using a PC, laptop, or tablet.

The results pretty much speak for themselves: Google Chrome is the top choice for Windows 10 users with no less than 67 percent while Microsoft Edge seems to be on the right track with 17 percent. Mozilla Firefox, once considered a powerful rival to Google Chrome, is now behind with just 11 percent.

While it’s pretty clear that these figures might not be entirely accurate, considering the difference between the first and the second places, as well as the number of voters - no less than 2,100 submitted their votes by the time of writing this article (there’s a rule of just one vote per account), it’s very clear that Google Chrome is indeed the preferred browser for users of Windows 10.

Vivaldi also a very popular choice

On the other hand, it’s encouraging to see Microsoft Edge gaining so much support even though it still lacks more advanced functionality, such as extension support, which will only arrive with the Anniversary Update next month.

It’s also worth mentioning that many users voted for Vivaldi, and although the “Other” category has just 2 percent, there were many claiming that this browser is much faster and stable than the famous and typical choices for the majority of users, such as Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox.

Certainly, the browser war is getting more interesting these days, and the work that Microsoft is doing on Edge can only do this battle fiercer than before. It’ll be interesting to see how these results will change next month after the Anniversary Update goes live for Windows 10 users.

Article source

• Replies 2
  • Views 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One month ago, I tried Chrome for about  ten days:

Lots of webpage-rendering issues.

Still Chrome cannot properly display emoticons, banners etc. on various Forums.

Sorry, but I return to Firefox every time I try a different browser.

Let Chrome be the No.1.

I don't care about usage Statistics.

Archived