HP is the most popular Windows 10 PC manufacturer

steven36

We already know that Windows 10 runs on more than 300 million devices worldwide. Now, thanks to AdDuplex, we also know who the most popular Windows 10 PC manufacturers are.

HP dominates by far the Windows 10 PC sales with an impressive 22.51% market share. Actually this article was written using a reliable HP ProBook laptop.

ZbKonIC.jpg

DELL takes the second place with a satisfying 12.42% market share, followed by Lenovo with a 11.05% market share, Asus with 10.66% and Acer with 10.26%. Microsoft’s Windows 10 PCs have only a dim 3.03% market share.

However, Microsoft’s Surface devices are not intended for the general usage, they are premium-devices that mainly target professional users. Although the 3% Market share may seem extremely low at first sight, the Surface division brings quite a lot of money to Microsoft’s treasury. Actually, in Q1, Surface revenue increased 61% in constant currency driven by Surface Pro 4 and Surface Book, with many customers preferring to purchase   a Surface Pro 4 device over an iPad Pro.

HP’s success can easily be explained by the large variety of computer models it offers. The company has covered all market segments, from low-end cheap computers, to high-end devices.

For example, last month HP unveiled a series of new entry-level Windows 10 laptops all of which come with bold colors and budget pricing. With these laptops, the company is preparing itself for both the summer and the back to school seasons, and brings new laptops under the budget friendly Pavilion brand.

If you’re a gamer and you want a real powerhouse, HP has an interesting offer for you too. Its new OMEN gaming computers come with features such as 4K IPS Full HD displays, Intel Core i7 quad-core processors, and powerful NVIDIA GTX graphics cards, allowing you to play the latest games at full details without any problems.

The Source

• Replies 20
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TheMountain

HP bought back my Envy notebook PC for the retail price because it was a piece of :shit: .

HP were glad to get rid of us as customers. We drove HP nuts with phone calls every time the Envy broke down. :towel:

I bought a HP  with Windows ME on it in 2001 , But Windows ME was a bad O/S .HP had very Good service  though when my power supply went out they just shipped me a new PC no questions asked. I also bought a Dell in 2001 with XP  it was  better , but was a hassle to have serviced you had to call up dell and it took a hour too get any one and then they would send someone out to you're  home i kept getting them to come to my house and fix anything that messed up tell he got tired of me and called Dell and they sent me a better PC even .  :P   Any PCs i bought  since 2008  have lasted past there warranty expired  and i ended up having to fix them myself. 

We have a old Windows Vista HP laptop here at my home someone else uses  upgraded to Windows 7 , It's still as sold as a rock and they bought it used even  online . It never gave them any trouble other than they don’t want windows 10 on it  because it's so old  so i ran GWX control panel on it and turned updates off and I  just update it once a month for them and hide the updates . Hopefully that will end next month  and I can  just turn Auto updates on again one day  tell  they decide to buy a new one . I'm not into laptops  i have a computer  room (my Bat Cave)  with 4 towers .  My Dell Mini Tower with Windows 10 is small as Ill ever go.  :)

12 minutes ago, steven36 said:

Strange if they were that bad why do PC magazine in The Best Desktop PCs of 2016  list as the best HP Envy Curved 34-A051 Signature Edition All-in-One the best :P 

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2372609,00.asp

iM working in a computer store and see what comes back to repair .... lol

strange fact that it is Always hp products.

do you really think that this magazine tells you the truth ? ask them how much they get payed.

it is not to blame hp but they where much better 10 years ago.

13 minutes ago, eurobyn said:

iM working in a computer store and see what comes back to repair .... lol

strange fact that it is Always hp products.

Well if there under warranty that’s HP job to fix , I have a Gateway that came with Windows 8 I put  2 flavours  of Linux on it witch is re branded  ACER now , a SYX  witch i had since before Windows 7 came out  with windows 7 on it  and my newest PC a Dell mini with Windows 10 on it also i have a old gateway form the early 2000s that  came with XP  and I have and old Windows 95 gateway that was upgraded to Windows 98 in storage that still works . :)

15 minutes ago, steven36 said:

Well if there under warranty that’s HP job to fix , I have a Gateway that came with Windows 8 I put  2 flavours  of Linux on it witch is rebraned  ACER now  a SYX  witch i had since before Windows 7 came out  with windows 7 on it  and my newest PC a Dell mini with Windows 10 on it also i have a old gateway form early 2000s that  came with XP  and I have and old Windows 95 gateway that was upgraded to Windows 98 in storage that still works . :)

in a computer store is it not so easy to tell a customer whe have to send it to hp for a repair.

if you love hp so much , buy it. use it. and i hope for you that you can keep using it.

i see one thing and daily . it is running hot. its fails and even more. but as i say before , it is not me that is telling what to buy.

if you feel good with hp these day's  buy it use it (so i have more work to do daily)

the only versions from hp that are good ? these days are the business class. all the other are more failing than working.

Just for this topic i will not say that hp, is bad .

1 minute ago, eurobyn said:

in a computer store is it not so easy to tell a customer whe have to send it to hp for a repair.

if you love hp so much , buy it. use it. and i hope for you that you can keep using it.

i see one thing and daily . it is running hot. its fails and even more. but as i say before , it is not me that is telling what to buy.

if you feel good with hp these day's  buy it use it (so i have more work to do daily)

the only versions from hp that are good ? these days are the business class. all the other are more failing than working.

I've not bought a pc out of a store since 2001when I bought the only HP i ever owned  all the rest i bought were from online shops back in 2001 they didn’t sell Dell in stores yet . I don’t deal with stores anymore or PC techs in many moons unless I need to buy a part from them very fast.. I learned to fix my own stuff. . I get better deals online.

3 minutes ago, eurobyn said:

the only versions from hp that are good ? these days are the business class.

As your experience work in computer store, is HPelitebook 8770w is good product? I know this old product but just asking :)

3 minutes ago, Batu69 said:

As your experience work in computer store, is HPelitebook 8770w is good product? I know this old product but just asking :)

Elite tells you something about youre product.

that is business class and should be better than the rest.

the price you did pay for it is a way more than standard.

any brand haves a lowcost and better version.

it is not me that started this topic. i just gave you my opinion on this topic.

and i will not bring down hp.

i did just tell you what i see daily in the store.

btw

the best brand there is (is no brand)

build youre own pc and it will last 10 times longer.

visualbuffs

when it comes to laptop go for toshiba

when it comes to tablet go for microsoft

when it comes to desktop go for MSI ASUS ACER

software182

I own my HP Laptop since this year and i really enjoy it, i know it's a little bit pricey than its competitors but their laptop quality is good enough for me.

Thought Lenovo would sell more, nice to see Acer doing reasonably well. We sell more HP here more than anything else too so kinda matches with the sales I see.

TheMountain
14 hours ago, steven36 said:

Strange if they were that bad why do PC magazine in The Best Desktop PCs of 2016  list as the best  is HP Envy Curved 34-A051 Signature Edition All-in-One ? :P 

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2372609,00.asp

Advertising revenue guarantees HP won't ever face a bad review in PC Mag. 

Also I don't give a :shit: about so-called rave reviews. 

If PC Mag told you running with scissors is a good idea, would you  run with scissors?

5 hours ago, TheMountain said:

Advertising revenue guarantees HP won't ever face a bad review in PC Mag. 

Also I don't give a :shit: about so-called rave reviews. 

If PC Mag told you running with scissors is a good idea, would you  run with scissors?

I was just reading the article  I didn't say i was buying anything, I just bought a new PC  in fall of 2015 a Dell its not even a year old yet ... :P

Because of  one or 2 opinions  that  think HP is no good,   still don't change the fact  that HP PCs  is selling good  the world don't care about you're opinion.

Fund Manager Sees Both HP Spinoffs as Strong Buys

Shares of Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) are up 29% thus far in 2016, but the stock's valuation remains cheap -- which bodes well for a second half run, said Robert Burnstine, president of Fairpointe Capital.

"HP Enterprises still trades at a deep discount to the market at less than 10 times earnings where the market is at around 16 times next year's earnings," said Burnstine.

Burnstine applauds CEO Meg Whitman's decision decision to spin off the company's enterprise services business and merge it with Computer Sciences Corporation (CSC) .

Burnstine helps oversee the ASTON/Fairpointe Focused Equity Fund, which is up 7.2% thus far in 2016, according to Morningstar. The $7 million fund is down 8.6% over the past 12 months and sports a trailing 12 month yield of 1.1%, according to Morningstar.

Burnstine is also bullish on HP Inc. (HPQ) , up 9% year to date despite the long term decline of its printer business. HP's printing division revenue fell 16% year over year in the company's April quarter -- 10% excluding currency swings -- to $4.64 billion. The division's operating income fell 18% to $801 million. Supplies revenue fell 16% while printer sales fell 16% on a unit basis.

"Their printer business is declining but is a fantastic free cash flow-generating machine," said Burnstine.

He is positive on Twenty-First Century Fox (FOX) , up 7% year to date, saying its networks and programming will still be in demand even in the face of cord-cutting and so-called skinny bundles. "These assets are so strong ultimately that the cable operators will want to carry Fox's cable networks on their platforms," said Burnstine.

Finally, Burnstine is a fan of Walmart (WMT) , up 17% thus far in 2016, saying the retailer is reinvesting in e-commerce and it is paying off.

CEO Doug McMillon "has come in to do the right things for the company, sacrificing some short-term profits for long-term gains. He's driving revenue and ultimately driving free cash flow," said Burnstine.

https://www.thestreet.com/story/13619200/2/fund-manager-sees-both-hp-spinoffs-as-strong-buys.html

TheMountain
47 minutes ago, steven36 said:

the world don't care about you're opinion.

Why are you getting defensive?

Did I strike a nerve?

11232679_1578763039050054_467532942_n.jp

31 minutes ago, TheMountain said:

Why are you getting defensive?

Did I strike a nerve?

How did you strike a nerve ? I don't even use HP PCs ? You were the one who bought one and had bad luck not me.  And yes I know who you are, not all of us is too dumb  not to figure it out . How long do you plain to stay around this time ? :P

I was just stating  facts is all  you're or my views don't  change the worlds views , thinking otherwise is just being self centered were just  one person.

13 hours ago, visualbuffs said:

when it comes to desktop go for MSI ASUS ACER build it yourself

there, FTFY

1 minute ago, VileTouch said:

there, FTFY

A lot people don't know you can buy really nice custom built PCs online for about the same price or cheaper  than you can build them yourself with no O/S on them  ,  I'm too lazy to build my own only i fix one if it breaks and most of the world don't even fix them there self  they ether send it back the one they bought  to be fixed or replaced or they take it to a PC tech . My nephew  went to collage too work on PCs .   No one but hard core computer geeks are interested in building PCs  ...If everyone did none of PC vendors would exist today.  This not the 1960s or 70s were you need a Heath Kit. :P

Archived