[Giveaway] USB Lock 1.2 [Expired]

Batu69

Protect USB drives, External drives, Memory cards, SD cards etc.

d421096e17d4f9094314180d8a9912aa_250.jpe

a07b13eec2107756608fb2018a7d8303_250.jpe

USB Lock allows you to password protect and secure USB drives, External drives, Memory cards, SD cards and all other types of external storage devices. It uses the most advanced techniques of data leak prevention to safeguard your data, ensuring maximum security with minimal effort.

Homepage

Giveaway page

Important! USB Lock can be installed on a USB-drive only. The software provides a Lifetime license and free upgrades!

• Replies 3
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Beware:

Other than a brief info with no rating & only 96 downloads on download.com, there is no detailed trusted information on USB Lock on any highly trusted sites.

The social links from the author site, TechApplet LLC is not active and doesn't seem functional.

Hence, I would suggest  nsaners to avoid this s/w and if trying out, proceed with caution for encryption purposes. Please choose any alternate freeware/paid tools.

2 hours ago, vissha said:

Hence, I would suggest  nsaners to avoid this s/w and if trying out, proceed with caution for encryption purposes. Please choose any alternate freeware/paid tools.

IAWTP

It was a previous giveaway on Sharewareonsale

http://sharewareonsale.com/s/usb-lock-giveaway-coupon-sale

I read the stories of people that tested it (on thumbdrives with data they had not backed up - yikes !!!) and lost all their data.

Also, a "slight" vulnerability:

What happens if I remove the USB drive without protecting it again?

//When you forget to enter the password and remove the usb drive, the drive becomes not protected..
In such programs it is necessary to automatically lock the usb drive after removing it from PC//

Not for the absent minded ..............

Use TrueCrypt (freeware).

Archived