Remove All Adobe Creative Cloud Software with Adobe CC Cleaner Tool

Batu69

If you have installed the pre-release Adobe software in your PC, then it could cause some problems when you later install the new final release version of the same software. The problems could arise because of a number of reasons – corrupt files, corrupt settings, entries in the HOSTS files and so on. You cannot fix these problems just by uninstalling the older software and re-installing the new version (although it could work for a while). For fixing the problems like this, Adobe has released a specialized tool called Adobe CC Cleaner.

Adobe CC Cleaner (Creative Cloud Cleaner) can remove the previous installations belonging to the Creative Cloud apps, Creative Suite (CS3, CS4, CS5, CS6) apps, Photoshop Elements, or Adobe Premiere Element software from your PC. If you are having problems connecting to the Adobe Creative Cloud servers, then this tool can also modify the HOSTS file in order to fix the possible problems.

Before you can use the Adobe CC Cleaner tool, you have to take a few required steps. First of all you should backup all your plugins, settings, profiles and the folders belonging to the Adobe Creative Cloud products. This is necessary because CC Cleaner tool is going to remove all these later on.

5v4W3FK.jpg?1

Next you have to use the Windows’ Control Panel to uninstall all those Adobe Creative Cloud products that you are having problems with. The uninstallation is done using the regular process, but it might leave behind some settings and files behind. After the uninstallation, launch the Adobe CC Cleaner tool and type “e” to choose the English interface (or “j” for Japanese).

After you have accepted the license terms, you are shown a list of products that you can cleanup from your PC. If you choose “1”, then it performs full cleanup for all the products. The option “12” performs a special function to clean your HOSTS file of all the entries that could be blocking access to the Adobe Creative Cloud servers.

Conclusion: Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner is helpful when installation of the Adobe Creative Cloud products is failing or not working properly. This tool performs a full cleanup of your system along with fixing the hosts file.

Get the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner tool from https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html.

Article source

• Replies 5
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, asf said:

Pleeease @november_ra1n posted this already nearly a year ago ;)

Please give me that link if november_ra1n posted this year ago about Adobe CC Cleaner Tool.

11 minutes ago, Batu69 said:

Please give me that link if november_ra1n posted this year ago about Adobe CC Cleaner Tool.

And here one even earlier

Another time

Nothing personal here, sorry if you thought i did mean it personal. (just as someone that follows the Adobe thread i know it for soo long and was surprised you just posted it...)

Have a nice day.

14 hours ago, asf said:

just as someone that follows the Adobe thread i know it for soo long and was surprised you just posted it

How about members not follow november_ra1n thread?

I posted this because maybe will benefit to who members not follow(new members) november_ra1n thread.

I already search before post this thread, and result about this tool all on that megathread. So I decide to post this, not because I don't know this tool already exist.

Because of that I asked you where article/thread about Adobe CC Cleaner Tool.

Today, after installing the latest Photoshop, then rebooting, I saw Adobe apps and other garbage which appeared to be C Cloud related,, like I've never never before from any Adobe installation. I did a bit of reading around and came up with "Adobe Uninstall Creative Cloud", found here...

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html#UninstalltheCreativeClouddesktopapponWindows

and it works...

Every time I tried to stop the apps from running (via TaskManager, MSConfig, Registry, Windows Component Service), they just kept coming back with each reboot or simply restarting straight away by themselves,, that was,, until I downloaded and ran the Adobe CC Uninstaller. Those CC apps/annoyances are "No Longer"..

Of course, make sure you DON'T want CC first, like I don't...!!!

InsaneAl

Archived