Windows 10 Becomes Number One in the US for One Day, Windows 7 Declines

Batu69

Adoption of Windows 10 improves significantly in the US

windows-10-becomes-number-one-in-the-us-

Desktop OS market share on May 29 in NA

Windows 10 is running on more than 300 million devices, according to Microsoft’s own numbers, but adoption of the new operating system grows around the world, and in the United States, it has even managed to overtake Windows 7.

David Storey, one of the developers working on Microsoft Edge browser, tweeted new stats this morning, revealing that Windows 10 managed to surpass Windows 7 in market share numbers, becoming the leading desktop operating system in the country.

According to these figures, Windows 10 was the top choice for desktop operating system users in North America on May 29, reaching a record market share of 28.82 percent, while Windows 7 dropped to 28.65 percent. Apple’s Mac OS X was third with 16.16 percent.

Windows 7 still likely to dominate May data

While this is good news for both Microsoft and Windows 10 adopters, it’s worth mentioning that one-day statistics do not necessarily show continued growth for a specific product.

In fact, the overall May market share data is very likely to put Windows 7 on the leading spot once again, with Windows 10 possible to get closer to somewhere around 20 percent. These one-day stats could be somewhat inaccurate since they could be influenced by short bumps or declines in adoption figures, which could then return to normal in the following days.

But it goes without saying that Windows 10 is growing, and it’s most likely just a matter of time until it manages to overtake Windows 7, not just in the United States, but globally too. Microsoft has a plan to bring Windows 10 on 1 billion devices by 2017, and if everything goes right, the company could indeed do that with help from enterprises.

The free upgrade offer is projected to end in July, but that’s the moment when Microsoft is also expected to introduce the new Redstone update, a release that many enterprises are waiting for in order to start the migration to Windows 10. This should generate a significant increase in adoption figures for Windows 10 in the short term.

Article source

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After one year of "forcing" people to win 10, they finally made it so whats new?

On the other hand,i have so many clients asking for a "rollback" to win7-8, after an automatic upbate to win10

which makes it hard to believe that win10 overtook win7 even in the US.

Im still using win7 since day 1 and my current system (4790k 16g ram,gtx970) has zero performance or stability problems.

I don't have cortana,onedrive and other crapware,im in control of my system and i update whenever i choose to.

Give me that in win10 and i might ignore the retarded UI designed for tablet use.

straycat19

They only count the upgrades, not the rollbacks.  I now have 72 people, all volunteers, working whatever hours they can assisting people in rolling back their PCs.  And with all the mom and pop tech companies here doing rollbacks too we still can't keep up with the demand.  One guy brought in two laptops and two desktops, all needing rollbacks.  He and his wife had their own desktops and laptops so they didn't have to share, the only thing they shared now was their hatred of Microsoft.

All my Windows 7 and 8.1 systems are running fine, doing what I want them to do, so their is no reason under the sun to upgrade to anything.  All the new laptops I have bought in the last 3 months all came with Windows 7 Professional installed on them.  I tell the companies that I only want quotes on Windows 7 systems, if they can't provide them don't waste my time.  Dell is coming through like the champ they are.

KamenRiderBlack

lots of bitter, angry people here.

straycat19
27 minutes ago, KamenRiderBlack said:

lots of bitter, angry people here.

Hell yes there are a lot of bitter and angry people at the tactics Microsoft is using.  So the point of your post is to show us how perceptive you are?  

8 hours ago, straycat19 said:

Hell yes there are a lot of bitter and angry people at the tactics Microsoft is using.  So the point of your post is to show us how perceptive you are?  

by the time this was posted may 30th  Windows 7 was wining again in the USA  as far the whole world its a whole different story, you can count one day. it went above on Sunday by Monday it was back down. It does better on weekends than it  does during the week.

USA Sunday May 22

3zY7lzB.png

USA Fri May 27th

hmHxkoU.png

USA May 30th Mon witch was a USA Holiday

MzNFuxe.png

By Friday it will be way back down again,  it shows when people are at home on Sunday in the USA that more are on windows 10 using it 1 or 2 days only on weekends and there  all using phones and work is still is on windows 7 for all the rest of the week dont count for much , No one is at work much using there work pcs on weekends so it proves nothing really you would have to go door to door and count every one and still that dont they use them very often. .

World Wide May 30th

u7SGP32.png

heyyahblah

Microshit just counts upgrades as "people using W10" and doesn't remove the stats when someone does a roll back, because that computer is technically "activated with W10 license" even though the person rolled back. So for all we know the stats could be 1/4 of what they really are. I had to roll back 3 people last week when the forced W10 installed over W7 without warning on 3 peoples systems I know.

I hate Satya and I hope him and Gabe Abu die, asap.

32 minutes ago, heyyahblah said:

Microshit just counts upgrades as "people using W10" and doesn't remove the stats when someone does a roll back, because that computer is technically "activated with W10 license" even though the person rolled back. So for all we know the stats could be 1/4 of what they really are. I had to roll back 3 people last week when the forced W10 installed over W7 without warning on 3 peoples systems I know.

Statcounter  is not Microsoft  all they do is collect data everyday .

StatCounter is a web analytics service. Our tracking code is installed on more than 3 million sites globally. These sites cover various activities and geographic locations. Every month, we record billions of page views to these sites. For each page view, we analyse the browser/operating system/screen resolution used and we establish if the page view is from a mobile device. For our search engine stats, we analyze every page view referred by a search engine. For our social media stats, we analyze every page view referred by a social media site. We summarize all this data to get our Global Stats information.

We provide independent, unbiased stats on internet usage trends. We do not collate our stats with any other information sources. No artificial weightings are used. We remove bot activity and http://gs.statcounter.com/faq#methodologymake a small adjustment to our browser stats for prerendering in Google Chrome. Aside from those adjustments, we publish the data as we record it.

http://gs.statcounter.com/faq#methodology

So other than David Storey, one of the developers working on Microsoft Edge browser writing tweets about it , it dont got nothing too do with the way Microsoft counts  installs  . It dont matter how many are on Windows 10 his browser is hardly used :P

i'm still surprise nobody in the usa has sued microsoft for being forced into installing win10 and then losing their data because of the failing roll back tool

Archived