Error when trying to connect to wifi

HandyPAF

I don't know where else to post this....

A friend of mine is getting this error. She uses Hughes Net for her ISP. Can anyone tell me what the issue is and how to solve it? I have no experience with Hughes Net internet and she lives in a different town so I can't be there to troubleshoot.

She says she gets this error on her phone and on her tablet device when she tries to use her satellite internet.

13313770_1619329448384440_815984022_o.jp

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your friend needs to contact her service provider and get some help.

I found similar complaints online about this service provider.

The information I found using search just leads me to believe that HughesNet is a junk ISP. Their users experiences unexplained outages for days at a time.

I told her to get rid of HughesNet but she said it came bundled with her DirectTV subscription.

what  status of internet on PC or notebook ?

Maybe she  have malware on your PC or laptop and this malware burden on your connection and the gun with him Oddities 

download HijackThis
http://sourceforge.net/projects/hjt/files/latest/download
1.on system disk you create a folder Hijackthis, put the downloaded file in this folder
2.Run HijackThis program window and click on Do a system scan and save a logfile and wait ...
3. After a while it pops up Notepad dump HJT. This extract copy and post here or send me via private massage

@HandyPAF

First important question = has there ever been a functioning connection between this computer to and this ISP?

1 minute ago, Togijak said:

@HandyPAF

First important question = has there ever been a functioning connection between this computer to and this ISP?

Yes but that was almost three weeks ago. Since then, that error has been appearing on any and all devices that she tries to use to connect to the internet.

If it is not only 1 device she should buy a gun before she visits the ISP to clarify the problem. 1 ore 2 devices maybe a user / virus etc. problem but not more

My research tells me that Hughesnet is crap. If she attempts to contact them for help, they'll ask about her warranty status which she was never given anything about. So how could she have a warranty if they never provided her with the papers? As such, they will just tell her it is a problem with her hardware and then proceed to charge her for repairs. And the repairs will only be a temporary solution, the problem will arise again.

So I guess I solved the problem. She just needs a new ISP but her house is in the middle of nowhere so Hughesnet is her only option. She's going to have to move elsewhere so she can get a different (better) ISP.

@HandyPAF

In Germany why have the same problem and not only whit crap ISP's. If you call a hotline from Telekom, O2 etc. they always tell you that you and your computer is the problem. Good service is a unknown word in this branch.

Archived