Rebecca Black's Friday

luisam

I'm not properly a ·"pop" fan so just today found Rebecca Black's contoversial first song, "Friday"., released in 2011  She wasn't yet 14 years old when she recorded the song. Actually, I don't understand and of course, don't share the rejection of some people to this song. It's no more and no less strange than many other pop songs!

The original video was removed from YouTube on June 16, 2011 due to legal disputes between ARK Music and REbecca Black herself. By then, it had already amassed more than 166 million views, with over 3.2 million "dislikes".  At this moment the official upload has about 95M of views and 2.1M dislikes! There are some other youtube uploads with about 10M  to 25M of views each one. Just to compare,  one of the most HORRIBLE pop songs ever released, PSY's GANGNAM STYLE, has 2581 M views (yes, 2.5 BILLIONS) and 1.5M dislikes.

By the way, it's OK for me if you believe that Gangnam Style is an artwork, I don't feel necessary to discuss with PSY fans abut that.

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shes a pretty girl and all i agree she cant sing that song is horrible.

straycat19
5 hours ago, Holmes said:

Shes a pretty girl and all i agree she cant sing that song is horrible.

I like the song and her voice.  However, if you can do better at singing (cause you're probably ugly as hell) I will be happy to listen to you too.  I couldn't carry a tune in a bucket as my grandfather use to say, but he also said I sure could shoot straight, so my childhood wasn't a total loss. 

1 minute ago, Tanis said:

Now, this one IS REALLY HORRIBLE.

Her voice is ok I just said she couldnt sing and you have no room to talk that and my girlfriend completely disagrees with you i am not ugly you sound likke a old washed up wrinkly skin and old balls dude which makes you uglier then the way you make me sound I know your not going to respond dont usually respond you love to troll users in this forum and posting dumb comments saying I speak facts not opinions I could go on Ill leave it like that.

Archived