TeraCopy 3.0 First Look

Batu69

TeraCopy 3.0 is a new version of the popular file transfer software for Microsoft Windows operating systems that is currently in beta.

TeraCopy has been designed primarily to address the slow copying speed of files on Windows regardless of whether transfers take place on the local system or network.

While that's the program's main purpose, it has more to offer than that as it supports the queuing of transfers, pausing operations, and even error recovery functionality.

A basic example: if you ever tried to copy or move files and folders from various locations on a computer to a new location, you may have noticed that you cannot do so efficiently using Windows Explorer / File Explorer.

The main reason for that is that there is no queuing which means that you will either have to run each transfer separately one after the other, or initiate multiple ones at the same time but with a drop in overall transfer speed.

TeraCopy 3.0

teracopy 3

TeraCopy 3.0 improves the foundation of the file transfer program further. It is currently available as a -- very stable -- beta version that adds features to the program without taking away any of the existing functionality in the process.

You can install TeraCopy 3.0 or use it as a portable application instead if you prefer it that way. The program can be integrated into the shell so that its functionality becomes available when you right-click on files or folders in Explorer.

As far as new features are concerned, there are quite a few that deserve mentioning. The file transfer process has been improved in several ways. You do get insufficient space warnings now for instance which is very helpful, and the program will wait for network or device recovery as well.

There is also a new option to queue transfers for transfers on the same physical drive, and an option to save checksums to a file.

teracopy 3 preferences

TeraCopy 3 can generate checksums for files during transfers (and verify files after transfers). TeraCopy 3.0 adds new hashing options (Panama, RipeMD and Whirlpool) to the program, support for CR32 in the file name, and offers better HTML and CSV reports.

That's not all though. The program features keyboard navigation and menus now, and error messages are shown below file names to make things clearer.

The interface received several improvements as well. The file transfer progress is now highlighted in the TeraCopy taskbar icon, and support for the Windows 8 / 10 notification system has been added as well.

Last but not least, there is a new "rename all older target files" mode that you can make use of now, a timer in the replace dialog, and new replace mode and has options.

TeraCopy Pro customers benefit from two pro-only features. There is a new visibility option to only show skipped, failed or transferred items, and an option to remove all transferred files.

Closing Words

TeraCopy 3.0 improves previous versions of the file transfer program without taking anything away from it. While the program may not be useful to all users, it is improving file transfers for users who transfer files often, especially when these items are located in different source folders.

TeraCopy 3 beta

Article source

• Replies 11
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Batu69 said:

Well using this for a while now,

how to  change the yellow color of the progress bar, version 2 had options to change progress colors, any hints.

Me, I think this software has got worse, not used it for six (6) months.

This new version of the program doesn't support Windows XP. (Well, maybe it's REALLY time for me to change to windows 7 or a new computer? Please, don't reply me about this issue!)

Said this, I really find it a great application, specially because can run it integrated to shell, from "right click" contextual menu. On the other hand I had installed version 2.3 (I believe it's the latest version, before 3.0) about 2 years ago and only used it a couple of times, so in the long run its most efficient use is mostly for people moving frequently a rather great number of files, else it simply clutters the system, even being apparently very useful. So recently I uninstalled it.

This more recent version has the option to use TeraCopy as default copy handler. Users should verify if the copy process of an average folder is really faster with TeraCopy 3 than with Windows' COPY.

straycat19
12 hours ago, LeeSmithG said:

It has been in alpha for that long, they just released the beta 1, so yes it wasn't very good and it had bugs.  That is to be expected and isn't something I would use on a regular basis but would test and respond to the developer with problems I found.  I use 2.3 for my regular tasks and it works well.  When 3 is released as final I am sure it will work as it is supposed to also.

18 hours ago, LeeSmithG said:

How so?  What are the new or broken issues?  Are they 'beta' related waiting to get repaired or they've messed up the design b/cuz I've had good success with the s/ware in the past.

On ‎29‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 6:48 AM, davmil said:

How so?  What are the new or broken issues?  Are they 'beta' related waiting to get repaired or they've messed up the design b/cuz I've had good success with the s/ware in the past.

It crashes. often.

It also does not close after transferring.

Still not found a colour section.

3 hours ago, LeeSmithG said:

It crashes. often.

@LeeSmithG

If I think about your different problems I think you should fix your computer . We are using the same OS and my computer is not the newest and there are running many tools, but this is not the first time something works here and don't work for you. I use this beta

dsRHH2y.png

and there was not one situation where it crashes ore did not not close after transferring although I use it daily for more than 50 times. When people come to me because thy have a computer problem my 1 Answer is = the problem is at the most times around 40 cm in front of the monitor.

2 hours ago, Togijak said:

@LeeSmithG

If I think about your different problems I think you should fix your computer . We are using the same OS and my computer is not the newest and there are running many tools, but this is not the first time something works here and don't work for you. I use this beta

dsRHH2y.png

and there was not one situation where it crashes ore did not not close after transferring although I use it daily for more than 50 times. When people come to me because thy have a computer problem my 1 Answer is = the problem is at the most times around 40 cm in front of the monitor.

Nothing wrong with my operating system.

Works as good as when I installed it on October 30th 2013.

It's the software, named 'teracopy'.

kamineepandya

I has used teracopy for a very long period from version 2.3 till 3.0 but later on when my computer was corrupted it has gone away with its key

On 5/30/2016 at 3:49 AM, LeeSmithG said:

It crashes. often.

Still not found a colour section.

Sounds like it's not done baking.  I'll hold off for now.

Archived