Brazil Rocked by Mass Rape and Video

vibranium

Brazilian police are hunting more than 30 men suspected of raping a teenage girl in Rio de Janeiro, and of putting video of the attack on social media.

The girl, 16, believes she was doped after going to her boyfriend's house on Saturday and says she woke up in a different house, surrounded by the men.

Arrest warrants have been issued, including one for the boyfriend.

The assault has provoked an online campaign against what campaigners call a culture of rape in Brazil.

Conflicting versions of the story are still coming in, but the rape is said to have taken place in a poor community in western Rio over the weekend.

According to a statement she is reported to have given to police, she woke up on Sunday, naked and wounded, and made her way home. Only days later did she find out that some of the alleged rapists had put images of the attack on Twitter.

A 40-second-video was widely shared and followed by a wave of misogynistic comments, before the users' accounts were suspended.

In a message posted on Facebook, the victim said she was thankful for the support and added: "I really thought I was going to be badly judged."

She later said: "All of us can go through this one day. It does not hurt the uterus but the soul because there are cruel people not being punished!! Thanks for the support."

The girl's grandmother told Brazilian media the family watched the video and cried. "I regretted watching it. When we heard the story we didn't believe what was happening. It's a great affliction. It's a depressing situation," she told Folha de S.Paulo newspaper.

The attack has shocked Brazil, says the BBC's Julia Carneiro, and campaign groups have been already been calling for protests over the coming days.

There has also been an outpouring of anger on social media, under the hashtag #EstuproNuncaMais (Rape never again).

A collective of journalists posted a satirical image of citizens donning devil's horns, condemning a rape victim for having provoked the attack.

The United Nations group UN Women issued a statement calling for authorities to investigate the case, but to respect the victim and not victimise her once more by invading her privacy.

Experts say many cases of rape in Brazil go unreported as victims fear retaliation, shame, and blame for the violence they have suffered.

Brazilian media has come under sharp criticism for their slow reaction to the incident, which was picked up only after news of the video had circulated on social networks.

Beyond that, the shocking incident has sparked an online debate on the "normalisation" of rape in Brazil, and a tendency to blame victims for their suffering, with the hashtag #EstuproNaoECulpaDaVitima (Rape is Not the Victim's Fault) trending prominently.

ARTICLE SOURCE

• Replies 13
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Rape, but don't murder" - Advice given by Paulo Maluf, former governor of Sao Paulo State and one of the most voted politicians in the last elections.

http://quemdisse.com.br/frase.asp?frase=93898

No, I would never vote for him.

Brazil has much bigger problems than a single rape. Basic education, and the undergowing coup which has put another 5% of the population below starvation level come to mind. I'm sure this rape will flood all the mainstream media while the REAL news stays hidden away in the inner pages, if it appears at all.

Rape is a crime - it should be punished.

Underage rape is unforgivable crime - it has only one punishment and that's death.

Every country should need to accept it as an undeniable law. The country where there is no death penalty for underage rape, the law is kept by the "Pedophiles".

3 hours ago, rudrax said:

Underage rape is unforgivable crime - it has only one punishment and that's death.

I disagree. 10 years in jail with "pedophile and rapist" tatooed on you and you would WISH you were dead.

On the upside, you will never have to take a laxative again ..... nah, that's me being optimistic.

28 minutes ago, Pequi said:

I disagree. 10 years in jail with "pedophile and rapist" tatooed on you and you would WISH you were dead.

On the upside, you will never have to take a laxative again ..... nah, that's me being optimistic.

Nope. These guys do not have any sort of shame left in them. So the tattoo won't effect them. Moreover, after 10 years in prison and with the tattoo, they won't be able to live in the good society. They have to go the dark criminal world again.

Death penalty is the greatest fear one can have. I would also like to add cut the penis before killing him. This kind of merciless display will shiver the heart of such criminals who are planning such crime. 

On 28/5/2016 at 9:36 PM, rudrax said:

Death penalty is the greatest fear one can have.

Yep, and with a justice system as corrupt and totalitarian as ours you would never have to hire a hitman. Just pay off the judge and he'll order the State to do the murder for you. If the victim is your wife or father, you'll even get the inheritance/insurance. All nice and legal.

Seriously, you have no idea how bad prisons are in Brazil. As a doctor once a week I had to treat inmates, 20 people to a small cell, and any rapist is everyone's girlfriend. A pedophile rapist is everyone's girlfriend plus their punching bag.

Dunno if you watched " Midnight Express - 1978", but the prisons in the film are like a holiday camp compared to ours. Made me laugh at the time, what Americans consider "inhuman conditions".

Back to the subject of the rape, the only reason it made the news was because one of the rapists was a first division football player. And the media needs something to cover up the coup. Of course, they released the 16 year old victim's name, address and image to "protect" her anonymity.

Proof:

Snip.

Wow, "only" 4 million hits. They must have missed some.

:(

On 28/5/2016 at 10:03 PM, Pequi said:

Yep, and with a justice system as corrupt and totalitarian as ours you would never have to hire a hitman. Just pay off the judge and he'll order the State to do the murder for you. If the victim is your wife or father, you'll even get the inheritance/insurance. All nice and legal.

Seriously, you have no idea how bad prisons are in Brazil. As a doctor once a week I had to treat inmates, 20 people to a small cell, and any rapist is everyone's girlfriend. A pedophile rapist is everyone's girlfriend plus their punching bag.

Dunno if you watched " Midnight Express - 1978", but the prisons in the film are like a holiday camp compared to ours. Made me laugh at the time, what Americans consider "inhuman conditions".

Back to the subject of the rape, the only reason it made the news was because one of the rapists was a first division football player. And the media needs something to cover up the coup. Of course, they released the 16 year old victim's name, address and image to "protect" her anonymity.

Proof:

Snip.

Wow, "only" 4 million hits. They must have missed some.

:(

May be the prison condition is Brazil is like hell. One would wish to die instead of living there. Let me explain two conditions: say, there are two different rape convicts on different trials. 

1. The first one is sentenced 10 years of prison in Brazil. May be his brain won't work for the moment or for the day at most. After that he will be prepare himself for it. This will not send the ultimate fear to the pedophiles living in our society. And also, they say that time heals some wounds. This happens both for the victim and the convict. So this process contributes nothing towards the invalid desires of the pedophiles. 

2. The second one is sentenced to be hanged until death. Now this is a kind of brain freezer even to those who are living in the society keeping such sinnful desires in mind. This is the fear they can't overcome. And this will definitely release a halt to such crimes. 

19 hours ago, Pequi said:

he did not mean marking them as to shame them like scarlet letter's putting letter A for adulteress.

he meant marking them to let the other criminals in prison know this man is a pedophile a child rapist that's because every criminal prisoners in the world hates the most is a child rapist. let the pedophile taste his own medicine!!!

like this one :

http://elitedaily.com/news/world/brazilian-man-raped-killed-1-year-old-baby-gets-gang-raped-20-prisoners/

Brazilian martial arts instructor Daryell Dickson Meneses Xavier turned himself in to police earlier this year, admitting that he had raped, beaten and killed his infant stepson.

The 16-month-old stepson was killed by blunt trauma to the head. He spent two days in the hospital before his death.

Prisoners were outraged at what Xavier had done and decided to apply their own brand of justice.

Xavier was brutally raped by approximately 20 prisoners, multiple times.

20 male prisoner gang raped 1 male pedophile. How the hell did they get the erection? Are they all gay? Well, I never have heard someone getting an erection due to rage :rolleyes:

48 minutes ago, rudrax said:

20 male prisoner gang raped 1 male pedophile. How the hell did they get the erection? Are they all gay? Well, I never have heard someone getting an erection due to rage :rolleyes:

They're trying to solve this riddle...

tumblr_mzutcs6Jaa1t2i269o1_500.gif

as far as i know death sentence never stop people commiting crime, cuz if it was the case, in plenty of countries, there would have no crimes!

and for that erection thing, maybe stop having sex/masturbating for a few months/years and maybe you'll start to understand how they can behave like despite not being gay for a single second.

open some history books, you'll discover that in uncle adolf & uncle jo camps, you'll always find common law prisonners that will seek some other male prisonners so they can use their butt or mouth, generally in exchange of protection & food. and just as well you'll find people willing to accept to do that, despite not being gay cuz they want the food or protection.

and yeah it's prolly safer to say in front of some ISIS members that you are gay that to admit you're a paedophile when you're in jail!

3 hours ago, flitox said:

as far as i know death sentence never stop people commiting crime, cuz if it was the case, in plenty of countries, there would have no crimes!

and for that erection thing, maybe stop having sex/masturbating for a few months/years and maybe you'll start to understand how they can behave like despite not being gay for a single second.

open some history books, you'll discover that in uncle adolf & uncle jo camps, you'll always find common law prisonners that will seek some other male prisonners so they can use their butt or mouth, generally in exchange of protection & food. and just as well you'll find people willing to accept to do that, despite not being gay cuz they want the food or protection.

and yeah it's prolly safer to say in front of some ISIS members that you are gay that to admit you're a paedophile when you're in jail!

Those country where death penalty is sentenced for a perticular crime, the crime is limited. Other crime may pop up a lot which are not the topic here.

I agree with your erection argument. 

of course, but let's think if death penalty could avoid murder, there is then no more murders in the country so then because it works, you just put death penalty for all other crimes you want to get rid of (since it works) and in the end you ends up with a country without crime....

• Administrator

Some offensive links removed from the thread. Guys, please keep it clean and respective here.

Archived