Report: Hillary Clinton Broke Government Rules

vibranium

Hillary Clinton broke government rules by using a private email server without approval for her work as U.S. secretary of state, an internal government watchdog said on Wednesday.

The long-awaited report by the State Department inspector general was the first official audit of the controversial arrangement to be made public. It was highly critical of Clinton's use of a server in her home, and immediately fueled Republican attacks on Clinton, the Democratic front-runner in an already acrimonious presidential race.

The report, which also found problems in department record-keeping practices before Clinton's tenure, undermined Clinton's earlier defenses of her emails, likely adding to Democratic anxieties about public perceptions of the candidate. A majority of voters say Clinton is dishonest, according to multiple polls.

The report concluded that Clinton would not have been allowed to use the server in her home had she asked the department officials in charge of information security. The report said that staff who later raised concerns were told to keep quiet. Several suspected hacking attempts in 2011 were never reported to department information security officials, in breach of department rules, it said.

"She's as crooked as they come," Donald Trump, the presumptive Republican presidential candidate, said of Clinton at a campaign rally in Anaheim, California, adding that the report's findings were "not good" for her. Clinton's campaign disagreed, saying the report rebutted Republican's criticism.

The inspector general's office examined email record-keeping under five secretaries state, both Democratic and Republican. John Kerry, the current officeholder, and predecessors Madeline Albright, Colin Powell and Condoleezza Rice all agreed to speak to the inspector general's investigators. Clinton was the only one who declined to be interviewed, as did her aides.

The report contradicted Clinton's repeated assertion that her server was allowed and that no permission was needed.

Several other inquiries continue, including a U.S. Justice Department investigation into whether the arrangement broke laws.

The inspector general's report cited "longstanding, systemic weaknesses" with State Department records that predated Clinton's tenure, and found problems with the email record-keeping of some of her predecessors, particularly Powell, that failed to comply with the Federal Records Act.

ARTICLE SOURCE

• Replies 5
  • Views 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Huge difference from this to actual criminal issues...as for trump   he himself would be at best, the pot calling the kettle black, the truth is however far worse... for starters how many people are suing him right now and the attorney general of new york state suing him is not just a case of the attorney general  just polishing his craft and keeping sharp on points of law in a new and strange way... and let's keep asking him why he will not release any of his tax returns... and to the American voting public...do the world a favor and look at trumps tweets for the past 5 years,,,they all by themselves prove he is insane at best....  politics have become a joke in democracies all over the world...they all lie they are all immoral and we the voters continue to believe the claptrap they spew...when what we need to do is for us on a personal level is to measure "our" party and  our "politicians" with the exact same measuring stick we use to measure those who we do not like.... do I like Hillary,  no way. but I certainly see Donald trump as the by far... a larger evil in the most extreme sense of the definition...I would say to those that will tell me I live in Canada and therefore should shut up.... well the American election for president has worldwide implications and not only am I allowed to be very concerned but also have right to point out trump is going to the worst possible president not only for America but the entire world.

19 hours ago, vibranium said:

Hillary Clinton broke government rules

Imagine what Hitlery will do

IF she becomes the next US president...:hehe:

21 hours ago, dMog said:

Huge difference from this to actual criminal issues...as for trump   he himself would be at best, the pot calling the kettle black, the truth is however far worse... for starters how many people are suing him right now and the attorney general of new york state suing him is not just a case of the attorney general  just polishing his craft and keeping sharp on points of law in a new and strange way... and let's keep asking him why he will not release any of his tax returns... and to the American voting public...do the world a favor and look at trumps tweets for the past 5 years,,,they all by themselves prove he is insane at best....  politics have become a joke in democracies all over the world...they all lie they are all immoral and we the voters continue to believe the claptrap they spew...when what we need to do is for us on a personal level is to measure "our" party and  our "politicians" with the exact same measuring stick we use to measure those who we do not like.... do I like Hillary,  no way. but I certainly see Donald trump as the by far... a larger evil in the most extreme sense of the definition...I would say to those that will tell me I live in Canada and therefore should shut up.... well the American election for president has worldwide implications and not only am I allowed to be very concerned but also have right to point out trump is going to the worst possible president not only for America but the entire world.

I disagree, Obama is the worst president and Trump will be even better than the best president in my lifetime, which is Reagan.  You will see.

it sure that Reagan was very good doing the job, the best role in his actor career for sure when you know that politicians are puppets in the hands of some big corporations like banks....

Goldman & sachs have finally put their hand around trump neck, which wasn't the case until recently. now things are back to normal, phew their world is saved

Archived