Even if you like Windows 10, you should be angry at Microsoft

Batu69

As I’ve said numerous times in the past, I actually like Windows 10. It’s still rough around the edges -- and the Anniversary Update, out in July, won’t fully change that -- but what I don’t like is Microsoft’s aggressive, relentless pushing of the OS on to people who not only don’t want it but have expressly rejected it.

It’s scummy behavior, totally unbefitting of a company of Microsoft’s size and reputation. The latest trick, making closing an unwanted upgrade popup the same as agreeing to the upgrade, should have people brandishing pitchforks and flaming torches and marching on Redmond, but it doesn’t. Why? Because Microsoft’s shitty tricks are now what we expect from the company which doesn’t care in the slightest about its customers.

I get countless emails from people who have spent ages undoing the damage Microsoft has caused by upgrading their PCs without permission.

There’s a good comment piece on the Guardian, which bemoans how the unwanted software update moved the writer’s files, broke her printer, and stopped the sound on BBC iPlayer. This, sadly, is far from an isolated occurrence, it’s commonplace. Microsoft wants to get Windows 10 on a billion devices, and it’s going to hit that target even if Satya Nadella has to smash his way into your home and install it on your PC while you sleep. Sure, your computer might not work afterwards, but who cares, right? Certainly not Microsoft.

Yes, you can rollback an unwanted Windows 10 upgrade, but how many users actually know how to do that? I’ve written several articles on the topic, and they generate a LOT of views on a daily basis. The message is clear, people don’t want to be forced to upgrade against their will, and they shouldn’t be made to.

Article source

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Batu69 said:

Microsoft wants to get Windows 10 on a billion devices, and it’s going to hit that target even if Satya Nadella has to smash his way into your home and install it on your PC while you sleep. Sure, your computer might not work afterwards, but who cares, right? Certainly not Microsoft.

wTHtrJR.gif

Those comments at betanews are hilarious in this article;s source   a war done broke out on that site fan bois and the haters.

4 hours ago, Batu69 said:

Yes, you can rollback an unwanted Windows 10 upgrade, but how many users actually know how to do that? I’ve written several articles on the topic, and they generate a LOT of views on a daily basis. The message is clear, people don’t want to be forced to upgrade against their will, and they shouldn’t be made to.

If they were not wise enough to use  GWX Control panel witch has been out since august  August 30, 2015 or how to  uninstall or not take Get windows 10 and telemetry updates to began with then most likely they  want know how to roll back... I've  had updates off every since i bought this Windows 8.1 PC I ran a batch after i 1st updated it to make sure i and i didn't miss nothing,  I do updates once a month  minus the Get windows 10 updates 

Also i administer 2 other windows 7 machines  updates as well nether  of these have Get windows 10 updates installed  ether i just ran GWX Control panel cleaned them up and turned off updates . I never  had no trouble with none of the machines on my network . So most of this came from people installing those malware like updates and thinking all updates from Microsoft is trustworthy .

I even drinked a little of the Koolaid myself back last summer i tried  Windows 10  but I also tired Linux as well ... But 3 months  in I decided to keep Linux  ,Windows 7 and Windows 8.1  and ditched Windows 10 because the Koolaid was bitter and not sweet enough . . I already have every app  I want  on Windows 8.1 and Linux  I dont need no phone apps or no Windows 10 Cortana and I'm a PS4  gamer  I dont play games on windows  but some old old games . :P

straycat19
5 hours ago, steven36 said:

I even drinked a little of the Koolaid myself back last summer i tried  Windows 10  but I also tired Linux as well ... But 3 months  in I decided to keep Linux  ,Windows 7 and Windows 8.1  and ditched Windows 10 because the Koolaid was bitter and not sweet enough .

Ah-HA! an honest person admits he drank the Kool-Aid!  I didn't drink it but I tested it just to prove to people they didn't want to upgrade their businesses/universities to this version.  And I, and some friends, are doing all we can to get the word out that people don't need to install it and we can roll it back for them, as a matter-of-fact, most users don't even need windows but can run linux and have a safer and more reliable system.  I have never been a linux fanboy, but there are some uses for it that I found relevant over the years, such as a standalone print server and as the OS for a kiosk system at universities where students had to login to a website to input registration and financial information and when they finished it automatically rebooted, with a clean start and no traces of the previous information.  That was 17 years ago (using Slackware) and something Windows still can't do today without a third party program.

5 hours ago, straycat19 said:

I didn't drink it but I tested it just to prove to people they didn't want to upgrade their businesses/universities to this version.  

Really  you're a Google Koolaid drinker you helped  pave the way for the masses to accept its OK for corporate America  to invade you're privacy you helped make it possible for Microsoft too get away with it. You cant serve two masters, ether you dont care about you're privacy or you do! At lest Windows 10 privacy issues can somewhat  be controlled for now   if you know anything about firewalls you will be OK if you use it., most  people at  businesses/universities are just noobs  unless  they have a phd in internet privacy .Some people have a lot of book sense and no conman sense. When i worked  in the computer industry making  computer parts ,  my job   was to fix anything that broke and make sure the plant kept ruining for 24 hours  in 12 hours  i could had care less what version O/S  they used  as long as it worked for me to do my paperwork at the end of the day so i could go home . I just think a user should have freedom of chose of witch O/S  they want too use and its wrong to force stuff on people.. But there's things in Google online Apps  that cant be controlled no matter what you do..

Archived