Gorilla glass for phone screens

bruinator

Just curious if anyone uses gorilla glass on their phones to prevent breaks, finger prints...etc? If yes, does it work good, how does it stick on, leave and marks on screen when u remove it and is it worth getting?

thx

Edited by bruinator

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dMog

• DKT27

• bruinator

• Togijak

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator

Thread moved to Mobile Mania.

I do not think it is not what you think it is. It is a toughened glass. Not any type of layer on top of a glass. Most phone screens these days are made with it.

It's not shatterproof, like, if you let the phone hit the ground the screen will break but continue to work - screen will need to be replaced at some time though. It is an toughened / treated glass which probably makes it slightly stronger than normal glass. It's also highly scratch proof - just stay away from really sharp things like sand and sand paper. To prevent finger prints, either the phone maker puts a layer on top of it or you need to put it yourself or such.

@DKT27

Sorry but you a wrong if you think there are no type of layer with this functions out there. I've bought this for my phone and I don't have scratches or fingerprints after more then one year.

• Administrator
13 hours ago, Togijak said:

@DKT27

Sorry but you a wrong if you think there are no type of layer with this functions out there. I've bought this for my phone and I don't have scratches or fingerprints after more then one year.

I see.

However I doubt the company he is asking for makes anything as such.

@dMog

Last one is the better choice. The technical information looks like my version. One of the important points is the  9H Hardness. And that

What You Get: iVoler Tempered Glass Screen Protector, Installation Instructions, Two Alcohol Cleaning Wipe (DRY&WET), Dust-absorber.

is also identical.

10 hours ago, Togijak said:

@dMog

Last one is the better choice. The technical information looks like my version. One of the important points is the  9H Hardness. And that

is also identical.

that's the one i have on my phone  can't say it has saved my glass from breaking as i have never dropped the phone but certainly the fingerprints are not an issue as they were before i installed it  as for glass protection from breakage  it is better than nothing at all... and it is cheap on amazon i think i paid 11 dollars or so...have seen kiosks that will install this for $50 or more