Windows 10 Steals Show in Pro-Gaming Stream

vibranium

vibranium

Last week a Windows 10 forced upgrade did its best to ruin a weather forecast on live television, and this week the new operating system started an update right in the middle of a gaming session being streamed live on Twitch.

During the stream of Counter Strike: Global Offensive, full-time pro-gamer Erik "fl0m" Flom was rudely interrupted as Windows 10 decided that mid-game -- in front of 130,000 or so followers -- would be the best time to start an update.

Caught by surprise, Flom -- who remained onscreen during the whole embarrassing spectacle -- screamed "What? What!? Alright guys, this pretty neat. How did this happen?! How did this happen?! Fuck you Windows 10!".

Unable to stop the update, he added. "Oh my God! You had one job PC. We turned off everything... Update faster you fuck!".

There was some good news -- the update finished quite quickly (helped by everything being turned off to boost gaming performance), but then another countdown started, leaving Flom helpless.

You can watch the full stream on Twitch here. Windows 10 interrupts towards the very end of the session.

The Windows 10 Anniversary Update out in July will thankfully allow users to specify times when they are busy, to stop the OS installing updates at inappropriate moments like this. Of course, users will probably have to put up with the Anniversary Update installing itself whenever it likes first...

ARTICLE SOURCE

• Replies 13
  • Views 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He apparently didn't take care of everything or else Windows wouldn't start the update process. if that session was so important for him, he could just simply turn off Windows update service, takes less than 10 seconds...

nowadays Microsoft is a good thing to blame for people's stupidity.

another thing this post is not telling us is that this fat-@ss guy is still on build 10240. he had 5 months to upgrade to the new build. how on earth betanews called him pro? Omfg omfg :D 

vibranium

I remember the little incident with the French airport and the XP air traffic control system.

What if it's Windows 10?   *cue Jaws music*

“How did this happen? We turned off everything!”

Microsoft swears that users will always be asked before their computer is upgraded to Windows 10, but there are more and more examples that this isn’t always happening. And the latest blunder happened with no less than 120,000 witnesses.

If you’re a gaming enthusiast, you probably heard of Erik Flom, a former professional Counter Strike Global Offensive player who is now a full-time streamer, according to his online profile.

During his most recent live stream, Flom was stunned to see the computer he was playing on automatically starting the Windows 10 upgrade without any prior warning, prompt, message, or anything. One second you buy a hand grenade and then boom, the Windows 10 upgrade starts, rebooting your computer and asking you to sit back and relax because the whole process is performed automatically.

"“Everything was turned off”"

We know what you’re thinking: Microsoft has no fault this time because Flom most likely enabled the Windows 10 upgrade, so when everything was downloaded and prepared for install, the setup process actually started.

But not according to toe the gamer. “What. WHAT?! How did this happen?” he says in the live stream that you can re-watch on Twitch for yourselves (the Windows 10 upgrade starts after 8h54m). “I turned off everything,” he adds, clearly suggesting that this was nothing more than a forced upgrade without his consent.

Microsoft hasn’t yet offered us a new statement following this new blunder, but back in March, a company spokesperson told us that users would always be in full control of the Windows 10 upgrade.

“Customers continue to be fully in control of their devices, and can choose to not install the Windows 10 upgrade or remove the upgrade from Windows Update (WU) by changing the WU settings,” the spokesperson told us at that time.

Make sure you watch the Twitch video to see Erik’s reaction when the Windows 10 upgrade starts. It’s priceless. And so are comments posted by viewers in the adjacent chat.

Source

When you install get windows 10 updates  we knew for a very long time this could  happen if you didn't have them installed it cant upgrade .  Why do people  who procrastinate and never did anything to prevent  Windows 10  want to cry wolf  and want  to call  it  news?  It just shows  the person running live streams ignorance!  Do i supposed to be to shocked because this person was a noob? ignorance is bliss.

2 minutes ago, GRiM said:

He obviously deferred updated until later time/date and forgot.

If i was to install windows 10 i would  just download a iso and upgrade it then I  would install it again clean .  If  I'm going to use  something I'm just  going  to do  it. If I'm not going to do it I'm going uninstall any updates  that causes it too do it . :P 

Hah that was funny thanks guys...

It's already been posted: 

anyway that person is a complete noob. why? read my comment on the original post ;) 

Maybe he forgot that he "Schedule" it to restart to update @ that specific time. LOL he must put a reminder on that.

Archived