[Solved] Windows 10 Repair Install Error 0x80070570 - 0x2000C

p4psb

Windows 10 Repair Install Error 0x80070570 - 0x2000C

The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during APPLY_IMAGE operation.

So, I want to do a repair install of Windows 10. Have tried many times and keeping getting this error.

I have run sfc /scannow, and Dism, both report no errors.

I have searched the net for solutions, and tried the install using English and English International ISOs (extracted). Both report the same error. It appears on the first reboot, about 2% into the install.

The install is onto a SSD, which was migrated (a few months ago), using Paragon Hard Disk Manager.

Anyone seen this before, or can suggest a solution please, thanks in advance.

• Replies 13
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
november_ra1n
13 minutes ago, p4psb said:

Spoiler

The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during APPLY_IMAGE operation.

So, I want to do a repair install of Windows 10. Have tried many times and keeping getting this error.

I have run sfc /scannow, and Dism, both report no errors.

I have searched the net for solutions, and tried the install using English and English International ISOs (extracted). Both report the same error. It appears on the first reboot, about 2% into the install.

The install is onto a SSD, which was migrated (a few months ago), using Paragon Hard Disk Manager.

Anyone seen this before, or can suggest a solution please, thanks in advance.

One quick suggestion:

Scan your files and partitions for errors with chkdsk.

chkdsk c: /C

/C: Drive Letter...

**If there is any error and can not fix you need to restart PC for the further scanning and repairing.**

you can´t upgrade or install windows 10 version over another windows 10 version except windows 10 home to any other windows 10 version.

If you searched the net for solutions, which solutions did you try? I did a Google search and there are dozens of different things that have fixed the same error for people.

"I want to do a repair install of Windows 10" -  why?

Why not clean install, it takes about hour or two, if You don't have DVD or USB before made, and everything is done and new. Only remove Windows.old and install or reinstall necessary programs.

4 hours ago, Kalju said:

Why not clean install, it takes about hour or two, if You don't have DVD or USB before made, and everything is done and new. Only remove Windows.old and install or reinstall necessary programs.

That is my next move - hopefully today. Thanks.

20 hours ago, p4psb said:

See here if not already done.

Some users had the same issue and resolved it.

2 hours ago, jordan4x said:

See here if not already done.

Some users had the same issue and resolved it.

Thanks, but already been there, and tried those.

Thought I would try a clean install from within Windows. Still does not work, ends exactly the same way with the same error!

So did a clean install from boot via USB stick. Installed and activated no problem.
However, I do not have the time at the moment to reinstall and customise everything else. So I restored to the image I took just before the install.

It does make me wonder though where the problem lies with the repair install!

• 5 months later...

Probably late to help you with your problem, but it will be back when you try and upgrade to the anniversary edition. I resolved my issue by changing the cluster size on my C: drive. Check and see if yours is anything other then 4096. Read more about my problem and solution here:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/0x80070570-0x2000c-error-updating-to-windows-10/b7febed7-9d5f-4aaf-8419-662dd9ce7d8a

davendranath
On 4/29/2016 at 7:55 PM, p4psb said:

Thanks, but already been there, and tried those.

Thought I would try a clean install from within Windows. Still does not work, ends exactly the same way with the same error!

So did a clean install from boot via USB stick. Installed and activated no problem.
However, I do not have the time at the moment to reinstall and customise everything else. So I restored to the image I took just before the install.

It does make me wonder though where the problem lies with the repair install!

As far as I understand the problem can be caused because of cluster size of 512 but once it is changed  to 4096  the upgrade will be successful

Thanks guys, but I bit the bullet a long time ago and did a clean install.

Now everything is good, including the anniversary update.

• 1 month later...

Archived