Why my Nokia Lumia 530 does not update to Windows 10?

solitario

Hello.

I would like someone to help me to upgrade my mobile to Windows 10, if the possibility exists.

Thanks a lot.

Best regards.

• Replies 19
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• solitario

• Sylence

• Chancer

• kowalski215

Have you joined the Windows Insider program?

If not - download the app from the store. Run it and go for Slow Ring.

When your phone reboots - check for updates.

4 minutes ago, Chancer said:

Have you joined the Windows Insider program?

If not - download the app from the store. Run it and go for Slow Ring.

When your phone reboots - check for updates.

Hi!

I did the procedure you say but my phone says no updates. I am enrolled in the Windows Insider.
Thanks a lot.
Best regards.

Thanks a lot.
But I've also seen Nokias Lumia 530 with Windows 10 installed. I was also reading several articles where it says that the upgrade can be done from the sd card.
I don't know what more I can do. It will be that I can not update as it says the article which you are referring.
Best regards.

Thank you very much for your reply.

Can not update the lumia 530 as described video.

Greetings.

Edit: see

Edited by solitario

kowalski215

As far as I know, updates just depended on the internal storage, not the SD card. Lumia 530 was left behind w/ no reason at all, despite the requirement. Basically, it is not ready yet, even if you enrolled in the insider program.

On March, 19th Win10 should be released (or at least by the end of the month) to all devices. Just be patient a bit more 

Edited by kowalski215

2 hours ago, kowalski215 said:

As far as I know, updates just depended on the internal storage, not the SD card. Lumia 530 was left behind w/ no reason at all, despite the requirement. Basically, it is not ready yet, even if you enrolled in the insider program.

On March, 19th Win10 should be released (or at least by the end of the month) to all devices. Just be patient a bit more 

Thanks a lot!

Regards. :)

Hi.
Microsoft forum say I need a special tool to upgrade to Windows 10. I think there will be no windows mobile for my lumia 530.
Greetings.

kowalski215
On 18/03/2016 at 9:25 AM, solitario said:

Hi.
Microsoft forum say I need a special tool to upgrade to Windows 10. I think there will be no windows mobile for my lumia 530.
Greetings.

I just received a feed from Windows Central saying "Ad-duplex: just 50% of lumia will be upgraded to win 10". Anyway, my dad's phone fell short as well: he has a lumia 920 and Windows 10 will not be released, despite all the requirements are satisfied. Tried a workaround: signed-up as an insider and downloaded the 10.586.164 build smoothly. Windows 10 is running fine. I started thinking about kind of a "marketing strategy" rather than "compatibility issues". 

Have you tried the "Release Preview" ring in the Windows Insider application yet? (or just the production one)? let me know

• 2 months later...
Erick_Smile17
On ‎3‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 10:55 AM, solitario said:

Hi.
If I tried all three options.
Greetings.

Here it is, you have to find "Upgrade Advisor" apps from Windows Store. They can tell you step by step. I've succed with My Lumia 535.

5 hours ago, Erick_Smile17 said:

Here it is, you have to find "Upgrade Advisor" apps from Windows Store. They can tell you step by step. I've succed with My Lumia 535.

Thanks,

I did a hack to the phone to upgrade to Windows mobile 10. I have the mobile with Windows 10. :)
Best regards.

1 hour ago, solitario said:

Working fine :)

wow. Android wouldn't even boot on a 512MB device!

how is Microsoft Edge?

Upgraded my 630 around January of this year.. only pre-requisite was space had to move stuff to SD and backed up to NAS as well as being plugged in to the cloud..

Windows 10 has had several updates since.. really does run very well on the phone... few issues with a few apps but that is about it.. QuadCore on this one with 512 RAM as well... Runs just fine.... Connectivity sometimes seems to cause it to slow up some.. When signal WiFi or data is weak.. it tends to take a second and act a little laggy for a second.. but I have seen much worse out of some other phones. Currently looking to switch from the carrier I am with as they have been obtained by AT&T.. Everything changed with them afterwards .. Almost hate it.. one thing I lost with them was the Mobile Hotspot.. which was fine before they obtained the company... Sorry but AT&T needs to quit ruining services for people and keep their monopoly at bay...

Uhmm on the Android note.. with my phone I can bury just about any phone out there.. and it isn't even the 950XL... The apps are powerful and everything just works... Missing an app for something which is seldom... I just use the browser...Most are simply written containers anyway for an online application... Many useful apps on Windows Phones however... I still wish I could set it on the Network however... like for NetBIOS or access it through IP \\10.0.0.0 and manage the files... Getting closer though.

Device Portal s pretty cool though.. the usage of the hardware shown is actually really good....

Edited by HX1

12 hours ago, HX1 said:

Upgraded my 630 around January of this year.. only pre-requisite was space had to move stuff to SD and backed up to NAS as well as being plugged in to the cloud..

Windows 10 has had several updates since.. really does run very well on the phone... few issues with a few apps but that is about it.. QuadCore on this one with 512 RAM as well... Runs just fine.... Connectivity sometimes seems to cause it to slow up some.. When signal WiFi or data is weak.. it tends to take a second and act a little laggy for a second.. but I have seen much worse out of some other phones. Currently looking to switch from the carrier I am with as they have been obtained by AT&T.. Everything changed with them afterwards .. Almost hate it.. one thing I lost with them was the Mobile Hotspot.. which was fine before they obtained the company... Sorry but AT&T needs to quit ruining services for people and keep their monopoly at bay...

Uhmm on the Android note.. with my phone I can bury just about any phone out there.. and it isn't even the 950XL... The apps are powerful and everything just works... Missing an app for something which is seldom... I just use the browser...Most are simply written containers anyway for an online application... Many useful apps on Windows Phones however... I still wish I could set it on the Network however... like for NetBIOS or access it through IP \\10.0.0.0 and manage the files... Getting closer though.

Device Portal s pretty cool though.. the usage of the hardware shown is actually really good....

Thanks for the detailed review, helps a lot